Pickens County Y Race Team

Burpee World Record (Read 9 times)

Last night I had the distinct priveledge of watching Cameron Dorn break the Burpee world record in a 24 hour time period. His goal was 10,000. He finished with 10,105 in about 22 1/2 hours besting the former record of 7,600.

Mental toughness, Folks. Mental. Fricken. Toughness.

If he hurt (we all know he did), he never showed it. If he was tired (who wouldn't be), he didn't eke a word about it. His attitude stayed very Cameron-like...upbeat, energetic, focused.

Probably this marks as one of the most inspiring achievements I've seen. He truly is a champion.

pschriver

I first met Cam 7-8 years ago at the triathlon in Anderson. I wasn't doing it but my wife was. He was a young kid who started fairly far back. Over the next few years we saw him grow into an outstanding athlete. He was always around toward the end of triathlons (usually about the time I finished) encouraging people to finish. He was the overall winner at Tri the Ridge Triathlon one year. Since that time he has advanced his education and travelled the world. I am always amazed by the inner drive that successful people have. Instead of focussing on why he couldn't break the record, Cam just did it.

Last night I had the distinct priveledge of watching Cameron Dorn break the Burpee world record in a 24 hour time period. His goal was 10,000. He finished with 10,105 in about 22 1/2 hours besting the former record of 7,600.

Mental toughness, Folks. Mental. Fricken. Toughness.

If he hurt (we all know he did), he never showed it. If he was tired (who wouldn't be), he didn't eke a word about it. His attitude stayed very Cameron-like...upbeat, energetic, focused.

Probably this marks as one of the most inspiring achievements I've seen. He truly is a champion.

that is unbelievable!  I did 10 burpees once (with a short break between #6 and #7)

that is unbelievable!  I did 10 burpees once (with a short break between #6 and #7)

In the time it took Cam to do 5,000 burpees, I'd finished 5 Torpedos and 1 Dos Equis. I feel like we might have felt the same in the morning.  Smile