Pickens County Y Race Team

2/20/2 Duathlon Feb 15, 2014 (Read 11 times)

pschriver

http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_detail&eventclass=Duathlon&eventID=2471

Not sure if there is much interest in Duathlons but this is a great event for swim challenged athletes. I did this event last year and vowed never to do it again because it was so cold. After a beautiful day today, I will give it a little more consideration. If the forecast is favourable, this may start my multi-sport season.

Do you think I could handle 20 mile bike?  The run is definitely do-able.

Lori

pschriver

You definitely can handle this. The second run is only 2 miles but it hurts (in a good way). I was advised to run the first 2 miles at a 10 k pace and the second like a 5k. My splits ended up essentially the same. I'm glad I held back on the first run although it was mentally tough to see guys I normally pass on the run leaving transition on their bikes ahead of me. I caught most of them on the bike, and easily breezed by the rest of them on the run.

This year I will be a little less conservative

If I can find a replacement nurse for me that day then I'm in. Sounds like a good prequel to Clemson in may !!

Lori

U think I could be done by like 12 if it starts at nine? In time to go to work at two?

Lori

pschriver

You will be done By 11. 40 min max run and 1:20 min max on the bike. The only thing you would need to worry about is waiting for your AG award and having to ice your thighs at work.

That can be arranged I'll let Shawn do all the work for a change

Lori

does ymca rt have a discount code for the duathlon?

Lori

So Lori, are you doing the DU?  I just found out that there is a duathlon here on the same morning!  It's actually a low-key one that a local tri club is putting on for free.  So we'll be doing the same thing 500 miles apart

tweisner

So Lori, are you doing the DU?  I just found out that there is a duathlon here on the same morning!  It's actually a low-key one that a local tri club is putting on for free.  So we'll be doing the same thing 500 miles apart

Wow, that's cool.  So what time are you eating breakfast in the morning?  I'll have breakfast at the same time and WE can be doing the same thing 500 miles apart.  Word !!

- itri - 

Yes! i'm doing it- we can compare times afterward!! Good luck

Lori

pschriver

I'm probably doing the Du also. I wanted to wait until the price goes up. Actually I'm waiting to make sure the weather is OK. I did the race last year and froze. While driving home from the race, I swore I would never do it again. Fast forward to this year and I am excited about doing it again.

tweisner

I'll be in Myrtle Beach.  Four of us are doing the marathon relay.

Good luck to you all in your duathlons.

- itri - 

Good luck to y'all too hope the weather is run-worthy !

Lori

Well registration filled up before I could get in! I wonder if they would still let me race anyway is it poor etiquette to just show up and race without registering?

Lori