Pickens County Y Race Team

Smoothies (Read 8 times)

tweisner

I bought this Ninja Kitchen blender/food processor/juicer thing.  Anyone got any easy smoothie recipes that don't call for 75 ingredients?

- itri - 

I bought this Ninja Kitchen blender/food processor/juicer thing.  Anyone got any easy smoothie recipes that don't call for 75 ingredients?

my smoothies typically include:  banana, vanilla ice cream, yogurt, milk, whey protein, strawberries or blueberries.  Our favorite strawberries are the ones we get from Hunter farms late at night for free.

ehunter

My latest favorite, but a good many items.  If you dont have it all, no big deal...just skip.  Anyway....1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1 cup total of the following fruits combined - strawberries, mango,  blue/rasp/blackberries (your choice), 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp ground flax seed,  1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 cup spinach,  1 tspn coconut oil, and a light squeeze of lemon or lime.

i gave up the whey protein stuff...if you use it, try either strawberry vanilla or vanilla mixed in.

if your fruit isnt frozen, you may need to add ice to make it cold.  I prefer the frozen fruit, though.

Eric,  Traci asked for ideas for a smoothie, not for a thanksgiving dinner.  Also, this just in:  smoothies are supposed to taste good.  Your "smoothie" reminds me of a compost pile.

My latest favorite, but a good many items.  If you dont have it all, no big deal...just skip.  Anyway....almond milk, pineapple juice, strawberries, blue/rasp/blackberries (your choice), banana, mango, ground flax seed,  peanut butter, spinach,  small amount of coconut oil, and a light squeeze of lemon or lime.

i gave up the whey protein stuff...if you use it, try either strawberry vanilla or vanilla mixed in.

if your fruit isnt frozen, you may need to add ice to make it cold.  I prefer the frozen fruit, though.

tweisner

Thanks for the ideas.  Does the quantity of each ingredient matter?  Neither of those listed amounts of anything.  Just toss in what I think looks good and blend it up?  Also, there is an ad for a blender popping up.  Does it know what we are talking about?

- itri - 

yes those banners are psychic.  I made an under armour comment and those ads popped up.  I made a cervelo comment and those ads popped up.  let's see if it works: Girls Gone Wild

pschriver

If you pay the site administrator $10 a year you don't get those annoying ads.

I agree with Eric. If you put ice in the compost it is not bad.

tweisner

Since you typed Girls Gone Wild, the ad screen has gone blank.

Just made some and when you put all that in the blender it looks like a compost pile.

Here's a smoothie recipe my mom gave me.

4 oz. milk (your choice)

4 oz Greek yogurt

1 cup berry (your choice)

2/3 cup kale or spinach

1 t ground flax seed

1 t honey

1 banana

She said she got it from Dr. Oz.

- itri - 

ehunter

I modified the post above to include quantities.  You may have to increase the almond milk amount and juice amount to make it more liquidy, depends on your taste.

And yes, those ads that appear after something you type or search is a little scary.  Each message posted is scanned for keywords and will then throw up like items.

Thanks for the ideas.  Does the quantity of each ingredient matter?  Neither of those listed amounts of anything.  Just toss in what I think looks good and blend it up?  Also, there is an ad for a blender popping up.  Does it know what we are talking about?

ehunter

The smoothie is actually very good.  Spinach leaves have no flavor and does not change the taste of the smoothie...but it can green it up a bit and make it look a bit un-appetizing.  If you use blueberries and strawberries, it will then take the green color back out.

Eric,  Traci asked for ideas for a smoothie, not for a thanksgiving dinner.  Also, this just in:  smoothies are supposed to taste good.  Your "smoothie" reminds me of a compost pile.

ehunter

yes those banners are psychic.  I made an under armour comment and those ads popped up.  I made a cervelo comment and those ads popped up.  let's see if it works: Girls Gone Wild

I think its working for you!!!!

\fat woman bikini photo: for isaac fat_woman_in_bikinis.jpg

fat woman bikini photo:  fat-woman-bikini.jpg

pschriver

Bill Clinton's former girlfriends together for a photo op

wow, thanks Eric for sharing that.

Here is their smoothie recipe:

1 cup milk

1 gallon hershey kisses

2 chicken legs

1 scoop of sweet tarts

Blend until you are out of breath from standing up.

Pour into an old jumbo McDonalds cup that still has some Mountain Dew in it.

Enjoy!

tweisner

Wow, it is so funny where these posts start and where they end up.

You all have really helped my self esteem.  I don't feel near as bad about how I look in a dressing room anymore.  And I won't let my mom tell me I am too old for a bikini.  What's old got to do with it?  Please don't post any pictures of old women in bikinis.

TGIR

(Thank God I Run)

- itri - 

tweisner

Now back to the original topic.  Here is a whey easy blended post workout drink I found in Pace Magazine.  I tried it this morning and it was whey good.

Original recipe:

1 scoop vanilla whey protein (25g)

1/2 cup frozen berries

1/2 cup unsweet canned coconut milk

I used:

2 scoops chocolate Muscle Milk

2 bananas

1 cup unsweet canned coconut milk

and a few ice cubes.

- itri -