Pickens County Y Race Team

Strava (Read 8 times)

pschriver

Not sure if anone else has started using this app but it is the best app I have found for cycling. It is becoming the Facebook for cyclist. I would honestly prefer to see which routes someone has ridden than a photo of their dinner.

So is this a replacement for Garmin connect ? Or you can just upload routes to your watch?

Lori

tweisner

I'm trying to figure it out.  takes me a while to learn new stuff.

- itri - 

pschriver

It's not a replacement for Garmin Connect. You still need Garmin Connect for the initial upload (unless you use the app on your smartphone) It just adds a social layer.

Traci, it's similar to other computer apps. You just have to start using it, and it becomes easy.

I'm having trouble getting it to load from my iPad should I use a laptop instead,I have an acct already but it's not syncing data

Lori

pschriver

I'm having trouble getting it to load from my iPad should I use a laptop instead,I have an acct already but it's not syncing data

Definitely use the laptop that has the Garmin USB dongle plugged in. Make sure you have enabled synch via the API between GarminConnect and Strava. Anytime your watch is close to the laptop, Garmin Express will upload your workouts and automatically populate them in Strava, TrainingPeaks, Beginer Triathlete and at some point here once the site owner coughs up $5,000 to Garmin. You can then view the data on the i-pad

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/13979ad86f004e2490189f73e1b35898/9