Pickens County Y Race Team

Saturday bike rides (Read 299 times)

tweisner

He did 10 miles IN the parking lot.  I got him beat though - before Ironman Florida, I had 'pes anserine bursitis' (that even sounds like something an old person gets), anyway, the doc told me I could keep running, but I should avoid hills...sooooo, I did several runs of 18-20 miles on the West End track.  I would start  by 3:30 or 4am so it would be dark the whole time therefore making it less boring - that was my logic anyway.  Its sad what we often resort to, huh?

Josh, not to scare you, but the area you speak of is an excellent spot for a stress fracture and some of the things you say kinda point in that direction...not that I'm a doctor...but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

You're an idiot...yes but I'm an Ironman!

- itri - 

ehunter

You're an idiot...yes but I'm an Ironman!

Lol - too funny...I'm betting everyone thinks you are being extremely rude to me right now!  Maybe you should post the video so everyone can share in the laugh!

pschriver

Based on scheduling issues my Sat bike rides have turned into Sun rides. Weather permitting I am planning to ride tomorrow. Let me know if there is any interest. Starting from the Pickens Y

ehunter

Peter, I'm gonna ride tomorrow, but it has to be later afternoon.  Gonna run on the soccer field at the Y after church til about 2 and then do a short pool run...then gonna ride for a few hours (prolly 2:45ish-5:30ish.)

pschriver

Sorry Eric, I will be napping by 2

My prewash:)

Glad that almost everyone is on the mend and out there having fun!  Hopefully after a trip to the Dr. this week, I will be too.  For the first time in my life, I have encountered allergy induced asthma.  After too much exposure to the wonderful tree pollens, my chest becomes tight, wheezing starts and I find it difficult too breathe.  I hope to find some relief soon!  Now we all sound like complaining geriatrics!!!  Have fun guys!

"Carpe Diem"

pschriver

Saturday ride will be on Sat this week due to Easter. Start from the Y at 9:00 weather permitting

pschriver

Anyone planning on a long bike ride this weekend?