Pickens County Y Race Team

REV 3 Anderson )ct 13 (Read 11 times)

pschriver

REV 3  Anderson is in 2 weeks. Today is the last day to register to guarantee a Swag bag. The bags are definitely worth it. This is a nice race to finish up the season and has been well supported in the past. As good or better than the Ironman branded races but a lot less expensive.

You can register here http://rev3tri.com/anderson/sign-up-4/registration/

Is there a triathlon in Greenville this weekend?

Lori

pschriver

Not that I know of. This link shows what's left this year in SC.  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Races/Triathlons-in-South-Carolina

There maybe one in Ga or NC fairly close but not a big one that I know about. The reality is, it is about to be running season

pschriver

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Remaining-Fall-Races-.html?soid=1101645261355&aid=eQaOVuiUMoo

Another one here

the bone island half iron man distance sounds fun- its in key west jan 25 2014- but ouch pricey

Lori

pschriver

All of the half and full IMs are going to be pricey. The logistics of setting up a course, permitting and closing down the streets for 8 hour for the half and 17 for the full is a nightmare. I am sure you are stubborn enough to finish a half but you really need to make sure you are ready. Jan is not far away and the last 2 weeks you will be tapering and not building. I would suggest at least 3 x  60-70 mile bike rides a week apart and a couple of long runs in the 16 mile range before doing a half. They really hurt and can injure you if you are not prepared. You also need to be able to swim 1.2 miles in less than the cut-off time. I would look more towards the spring and build your volume first.

Swimming will be the hardest to build up

Lori

pschriver

Swimming is the easiest. It is all about efficiency and not fighting the water. Relax, enjoy it, and it is no problem. There should be no difference between 1000 m or 5,000 m. I honestly look forward to my swim days and consider it a rest or recovery day.

mrussell

Is anyone on the team registered for Rev 3?

pschriver

At least 1, me.

tweisner

Is anyone on the team registered for Rev 3?

Are you gonna go watch?

Also, Mike you would have enjoyed that bike ride.  Shannon and I both agreed that it was the best (and longest by one mile) ride we have had so far.  We should plan it again as a YRT ride.

- itri - 

pschriver

I know it's pricey, but it is a great event. On a 1-10 scale I would put Y events at 4, SetUp events at 6 and REV3 or IronMan branded events at 8-9. The whole event starts on Fri and last all weekend. It will compete with Fall for Greenville but will attract athletes from all over. If you can finish the swim, you should consider doing this race.

I thought I saw where there was a "glo run " 5k like saturday night that's in conjunction w rev 3?

Lori

pschriver

There is a 5k and kids run also. They also have games for the kids

mrussell

I would like to go watch, I have only seen pics of starting in waves.

Are there any plans to ride this Sat?