RA Coaching Forum

Bonkin's Marathon Training (Read 1078 times)

So I was asked by Casa over in the 2,000 mile club what is next for me. My response was either qualify for Boston or do my first 50 mile race. I've been thinking of the 50 miler since I did my first ultra in November. But the improvement I've made in the past 4 months in the marathon has me thinking about Boston. Something that I thought was way too far out of reach for me - at least for a couple years. I still don't know what I want to do - but I've decided I'm just going to take the next 4 weeks to recover and stay fit for a trail half marathon I'm signed up and start thinking about my plans then. Either way I go - there are a few 50K trail races that I'm either already signed up for or want to sign up for. I'll use this log for the next month or so - and then start a new one based on what I decide is my next major goal.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Doh. Didn't notice the double post until now.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Awesome job, Mike. You've made amazing progress in such a short amount of time. I imagine when you did that first two-mile loop to start your running career you had no idea you'd be where you are now. Congrats!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Great job, Mike. I love it when a plan comes together.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Thanks, Jeff and Blaine! Jeff - you are spot on. I definitely had no idea where this would lead. Glad I'm here though. And can't wait to see what the next year brings. Blaine - It is good when a plan comes together. I can't wait to start working on the next plan. I said I'd give myself a month - but I must have lied - because I'm already starting to plan 2008. Big grin

Okay. I think I'm at the end of my "off-season". My trail run yesterday woke me up that it's time to get my ass back in gear. So with that - this log is over - as I've run two marathons and an ultra and hit my sub 4 goal - time to start a new log to help me focus.

Okay. I think I'm at the end of my "off-season". My trail run yesterday woke me up that it's time to get my ass back in gear. So with that - this log is over - as I've run two marathons and an ultra and hit my sub 4 goal - time to start a new log to help me focus.
                I tried to take a full month off last November. I was going stir crazy within 2 weeks, and gave up after 3 weeks and got back on the band wagon.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)