RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Ultra Marathon training journal (Read 757 times)

Well last week's went like this Monday= easy 8 Tuesday= 6 mile run (4 miles of "intervals" and 2 miles warmup/cooldown) Upperbody WO, Easy 5.1 miles Wed=easy 8 Thurs=off running Upperbody WO Friday= midlong 12 miler Saturday=easy 5.6 miles in am 15 mile long run in pm Sunday=Off This week's plan is something like this Mon=8 easy miles, Upperbody workout Tues= 5 easy and 5 interval or tempo not sure which and not sure which run will be am and pm Wed=8 easy, Upperbody WO Thursday=10 mid long Friday = 8 may split those up into 2 runs may not. maybe weight training Sat=off Sunday=20 miles

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ok this is how last week played out Didn't get my 8 miles in on Monday night due to nausea and headache. Tues= got 4.25 miles of interval workout in and 2 miles warm up/cool down. Also an easy 5.3 mile run later in the day. Wed=easy 8 Thurs=Midlong run of 10 miles Frid=easy 8 Sat=I ran 5.3 while my dd rode her bike beside me Sunday I got in a 20 miler. I think I'm doing pretty good with pacing this is what it looked like 1 10:12 1.00 7.6 135 2 10:00 1.00 7.8 136 3 9:58 1.00 8.1 137 4 9:55 1.00 7.8 138 5 9:47 1.00 7.8 136 6 9:46 1.00 8.7 136 7 9:45 1.00 8.7 134 8 9:39 1.00 9.6 137 9 9:36 1.00 7.4 134 10 9:35 1.00 7.6 136 11 9:27 1.00 7.4 135 12 9:26 1.00 7.8 135 13 9:27 1.00 7.6 132 14 9:25 1.00 7.2 134 15 9:27 1.00 7.8 133 16 9:19 1.00 8.3 134 17 9:16 1.00 7.8 133 18 9:12 1.00 8.5 132 19 9:13 1.00 8.7 136 20 8:39 1.00 9.4 131 I averaged an 9:50 pace for first half and 9:18 for second half

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I averaged an 9:50 pace for first half and 9:18 for second half
        Solid.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Future running partner.

I averaged an 9:50 pace for first half and 9:18 for second half
          That is freaken awesome. Not only was the pace that much faster for the second half but your Heart Rate stayed about the same for the entire duration of the run. For me once I get beyond 2hrs my heart rate starts going up uncontrollably, unless I stop and walk, which I don't do. That is some serious aerobic fitness you have.

Oh Mighty Wing

I am soo glad to have stumbled upon this! I have been wondering more about how you train and here it is! Holy crap steam town is tomorrow!! GOOD LUCK!!
              I am soo glad to have stumbled upon this! I have been wondering more about how you train and here it is! Holy crap steam town is tomorrow!! GOOD LUCK!!
              Hey hun!!!

Well I've made a decision. I've decided that after I do "The Monkey" marathon and recover from that I'll be starting an 18 week program to train for a spring marathon. I really want to do Run for the Red in May (Pocono marathon) however I haven't seen any info for it. Willa has mentioned Baystate which is May 23rd. Not sure I can get away for that one since it's not local. We shall see. Anyway the program will start out at 62 miles a week and peaking at around 92 miles a week. It also has me running 7 days a week.

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah back to streaking!!
                    yeah back to streaking!!
                    YEP! Kind of scared how my body will do with the higher milage weeks. Guess I shall find out. I figure I'm going to try and get alot of 6 days a week before I move on to 7 days a week (before the 18 weeks start). You got yourself some nice streaking going!!

Oh Mighty Wing

haha thanks! I think it will be important for you to eat lots. Bumping up to 6 will definitely help prepare your body for it. And it might help with the initial increase in sleep that you will need.
                        haha thanks! I think it will be important for you to eat lots. Bumping up to 6 will definitely help prepare your body for it. And it might help with the initial increase in sleep that you will need.
                        THANKS for the reminders!! Guess I can start eating icecream before bed again Big grin Oh and adjust my bedtime to no later than 10!

Oh Mighty Wing

so how did your week feel? looks like you got lots of good runs in.
                            I'm felt much better then I expected too. I think your reminder about eating really helped! It's hard worring about food when dh is trying to lose weight.

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm glad I helped!!! And you are right that is hard!! Even harder because you don't want to gloat about it! (well maybe you do...)
                                No I don't want to gloat about it. I feel so bad for Ken. He did buy me icecream though I told him not too cause I didn't want him to have to deal with that temptation. He is looking to get back into running. He's hoping to be able to get out Monday's, Wed's and Fridays on a regular basis. He did get out this morning though he's not exactly enjoying his runs Sad