RA Coaching Forum

31 weeks to push the envelope and see where it takes me. (Read 261 times)

Future running partner.

Well yesterday was my first long run in almost a month. I definitely felt the lack of endurance, by about mile 8 I was already feeling leg fatigue. Usually I don't feel that until after about 12 miles. I was also quite a bit slower then the last time I ran this route. My HR stayed pretty low for this pace though, so aerobically I haven't lost a whole lot. Today my legs are feeling a little more sore then usual, (muscular soreness). I was planning on doing two 5 milers today. I ended up missing this mornings run because my wife went and worked out this morning instead, so I had to stay home with my son. When she got back it was already too late to go. I also had an appointment at lunch so I am going to have to settle for a single 5 miler when I leave work today.

Future running partner.

Well the hernia that keeps coming and going has come back strong after my moderate 10 miler on Saturday. It hurts pretty bad when I run now. So I am going to take off for a little bit and see how it feels. I had one before, a few years ago, that I could run through  and did eventually go away. This seems to be getting worse. If it feels any better this week I may try and run one last 5k time trial on the track to see if I can break 20. Going to have a doctor check it out too. I may have to cut my mileage and effort down a lot, especially if I am going to have surgery soon.

Future running partner.

So I decided to take a couple of weeks off. It turns out my hernia was actually just a strained lower abdominal muscle. That just didn't want to heal. Looks like I need to build more core strength. I took a couple of weeks off anyway because I was frustrated. The lack of consistency was really effecting my performance and with the holidays approaching, It was going to be difficult as well. So I plan on starting to run again starting the first week of the new year. I am rebuilding a new schedule that will be about 20 weeks this time. This seems more obtainable. Also I plan on starting my yearly training schedule to peak in the months of November and May. With easy/off weeks around May/June and the Late Fall/Winter holidays. Simply because the best weather for racing is Spring and fall, and its also difficult to maintain consistency during the holiday season. I am going to end this thread and start a new one dedicated to this spring and possibly a Grand Prix of races this winter/spring.