RA Coaching Forum

Enjoy the Ride enjoys spring racing. (Read 11 times)

Future running partner.

Starting a new program this week, which will take me through the end of May. I am toning it back down a little bit from the 70+ mpw targets I was shooting for in the early fall season. I also plan on going back to doing 1 run per day again and only doing double if I need to make up some mileage missed because of other obligations. The plan is to now build up to about 8 hours of running per week instead of the 10hrs I was doing before. The 2 hours I am loosing in running will be replaced with more strength training. I feel I'll be less stressed about getting in my goal mileage this way. 8 hours should still get me to 55 to 60 miles a week. Other than that the periodizaion will be similar to before.

Future running partner.

Got in a few runs this week. Mostly 40 minute runs with a 59 minute run yesterday. It definitely feels like I lost a chunk of my fitness I had back in November. Its also the first week though, I should be able to get it back fairly quickly. I'm looking forward to this season, as it won't be as stressful as last time, but I think I'll potentially makes some big gains this season.