RA Running Game 2021

2022 Team Signup Deadline is Tomorrow!!! Sun, Dec 12!! (Read 49 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

If you have been sitting on the fence, tomorrow is the last day to sign up.

Sunday, December 12 is the last day to tell us you want to be on a team in 2022.

On Monday, the signups will be limited to individuals only.

>>> 2022 Game Sign-ups here <<

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Team Registration is closed. 8 teams posted in the 2022 forum.

Individual registration open until month end. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

gsaun039

Caffeine-fueled Runner

I completely missed the team sign up and that's okay.

I do have a quick question: What advantage, if any, comes from signing up as an individual?

There's no competition that I can see, and I can use RA's pace bunny to adjust my mileage up or down when ever I want or need to.

And if I need to take time off for whatever reason, I just do it without reporting to a team captain for IR or being gone out of the country for several weeks.  Is it just so I can see who is signed up and what they are doing?

PR's--- 5K  24:11,   10K  49:40,   10-Mile  1:26:02,  HM  1:56:03,   Marathon  4:16:17

Maniac #11112, Fanatic #14276, Double Agent #2335

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

The individuals typically have their own subgroup, but can obviously participate in the main game forum as well. It's really an option to play the game without a mileage obligation to a team. Individuals stats do come up in the results on Tuesday night alongside the other runners so it also lets you compare your weekly performance with everyone else in the game. That might be a push for some runners to have those numbers to compare without having to go log to log to log looking at different runners. Does that make sense?

We have a few runners who have done both the individual game as well as the team game who can probably chime in with their experience with it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

gsaun039

Caffeine-fueled Runner

Thanks!

PR's--- 5K  24:11,   10K  49:40,   10-Mile  1:26:02,  HM  1:56:03,   Marathon  4:16:17

Maniac #11112, Fanatic #14276, Double Agent #2335

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I've been running as an individual for the past several years, and am switching to a team for 2022. The individual's User Group is just a chance to check in and chat about running with some other folks. Truth be told, it hasn't been very active lately.

To your question re: what advantage comes from signing up for the game as an individual - I guess it's just putting your mileage commitment out there somewhere. Running is by its nature a very individual endeavor unless you have a regular running partner. One of the reasons I'm switching over to the team side is to give me a little more reason to think twice before I decide that today will be a goof-off day. Those days come too easily for me.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass