RA Running Game 2021

Goal Changes 2021 (Read 71 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

You are allowed to change your yearly goal ONE TIME before June 30th. Post here!  In exceptional circumstances (severe injury, etc), we may allow one additional change after the deadline at the discretion of the admins.  Also, we reserve the right to modify goals if it appears that a user has set or changed to an artificially low goal (sandbagging).  This would only be done in extreme cases.   

Be smart in setting your goals. No one can coast through the first half of the year and jack up their goal later if they are starting a training cycle.  Late in the year, if you hit your goal early, you will not go green and don't count as someone who has hit their individual goal which can affect how your team does in that part of the head to head competition.

PLEASE NOTE: Your updated goal will not show in your MyTeam page until the week resets following your goal change. The MyTeam page is display only. Your weekly goal is Annual Mileage Goal/ 52.14285 = Weekly Goal.

Goals Changed for:

Michaelmarty

Burlgirl

Bioguy

Marky_Mark_17

Docket_Rocket

nukie19

TrailProf

Anonymous Guest

JerryInIL

mbehr

zoom-zoom

b a d g e r

stevepf - 1800

John Wood - 2500

AndyTN - 1500

Arnoldziffel - 1100

cc4life07 - 1250

nanxin - 2100

CanadianMeg - 1500

ap4 - 2600

seanster - 1234

PaulVB - 1400

grapes - 2021

jeffdonahue - 2085

sdwhiskers - 2100

Re-Run - 1512

bobinpittsburgh - 1100

paul2432 - 2900

Krash - 3100

jbaco - 1100

Aaron Heath - 3450

Half Crazy K 2.0 - 1475

theyapper - 1040

never2late2run - 620

Christrickery - 2222

mammahawk - 900

Willie O - 1600

hswiley - 1825

TammyinGP - 1400

gsaun083 - 700

DavePNW - 3000

doctorjen - 2400

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Change me to 2500 since I missed January and am building back for a bit.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Change me to 2500 since I missed January and am building back for a bit.

Do you want that effective for the current week? Sorry I'm late responding.

ETA: Messaged with runner and goal changed.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Burlgirl requested goal change to 800 by message 05/19/21.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

You are allowed to change your yearly goal ONE TIME before June 30th. Post here!  In exceptional circumstances (severe injury, etc), we may allow one additional change after the deadline at the discretion of the admins.  Also, we reserve the right to modify goals if it appears that a user has set or changed to an artificially low goal (sandbagging).  This would only be done in extreme cases.   

Be smart in setting your goals. No one can coast through the first half of the year and jack up their goal later if they are starting a training cycle.  Late in the year, if you hit your goal early, you will not go green and don't count as someone who has hit their individual goal which can affect how your team does in that part of the head to head competition.

Goals Changed for:

Michaelmarty

Please clarify the contradiction between this posting that says June 30th is the deadline for changing goals and the Rules page that says July 31 is the deadline. Thanks.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

June 30. We tried July for 1 year and it wasn't as effective.

I thought we had updated the rules page end of last month, but I'm not finding where you are seeing it still says July. I'll keep looking.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Here it is (I added the bold face).

https://www.runningahead.com/distance_game#/rules

What do we ask from you?

• A full year commitment to the game. Maintaining consistent participation is crucial for team balance and camaraderie.

• A realistic mileage goal. Hopefully something that is challenging, but attainable. We use the goals to help make balanced teams. After January 1, you'll be able to adjust your goal one time before July 31 if needed. We ask for a mileage goal for the entire year. Goal/52 is your part of the weekly team goal. Everyone has high and low weeks, but that goal needs to be one that you are able to run.
                5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks. We missed that one. I updated it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

bioguy

Hi

I am on Team Warped Speed.

I have been having a number of health issues since January, some of which remain unresolved, so I would request a downgrade to a  1500 mile

goal.

Bioguy (Joe Evans)

Marky_Mark_17

Hi admins, please up my annual goal to 4100km / 2548 miles.  Effective next week is fine.  I have undercooked my goal a bit in the past but even with a slightly lighter second half of the year (due to hopefully more races) my current goal is definitely looking too light.  Thanks!!

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sorry it's tough right now, Joe! Hope you can get healed up. Change made.

Mark, I can change you now or next week? It's your call. Once results post for the previous week, the system doesn't mind changes.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Marky_Mark_17

Sorry it's tough right now, Joe! Hope you can get healed up. Change made.

Mark, I can change you now or next week? It's your call. Once results post for the previous week, the system doesn't mind changes.

I'm OK either way.  May as well do it now if it's easy enough to do.  Start as you mean to continue and all of that!

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Docket_Rocket

Please change my goal to 2000.

Between my knee tweak, my dad's death, I am so behind...

Thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

nukie19

I'm sadly going to ask to go down to 2600mi for the year.  I'm keeping up ok now but we are being told that we have to be back at work full time in August and with having to commute again, I'll never have the time to keep up my current mileage.  Starting next week is good for me.  Thanks!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Please change my goal to 2750 starting next week. Please and thank you!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday