RA Running Game 2021

Week 10 Accomplishments (Read 35 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Most Miles Run This Week

Mom4Running (individual) 93.32 miles (the week following 131?! Wow!!)

runhaags (individual) 91.3 miles

Ryan Root (MOS) 87.3 miles

Most Time Spend Running this Week

Mom4Running (individual) 16:14:02

Alexander R (KA) 13:07:35

paul2342 (KA) 12:00:48

* Seven of eight teams were 100% to team mileage goal or better. Top team was Warped Speed at 119.19%.

* Six of eight teams were 80% or better in the green. Top teams were QuaranTeam and All Run and Games at 100%.

* Three runners were over 150% to weekly goal.

* One team runner posted a zero week and is eligible for IR. IR requests must come through team captain.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Anonymous Guest

Real live race for me last week! I ran the Louisiana Marathon and it was glorious. My time less so, of course I went out too hard and crashed around mile 19. After feeling sorry for myself for a mile or two, a guy ran by and said "great day for a race, eh?" and I realized that it was, and I was racing, and people were cheering, and cops were stopping traffic for us and I was still headed to my first marathon finish in forever, and then I enjoyed my run/walk/slog the rest of the way. Went out at about 3:55 pace and finished in 4:15, so pretty epic fade with a  17 minute positive split (crossed the half at 1:58ish).

Great race, and I felt very safe. Masks require until after you crossed the start and again after the finish. The RD was on the loudspeaker before the race reminding everyone that the city was letting us race because of the rules, so if we want races to continue, follow the rules. He even called out people he saw not wearing them over the loudspeaker to get them to put the on. Many corrals (A through I, I think), with cones spread 5 across and 6 feet apart in each corral. You kept your spacing as your corral moved forward (I was in D). A guy with a green flag stood at the start line raising and lowering the flag, and each time he raised it a row of 5 would start, everyone else moved forward one row of cones. I actually liked it better than a normal start, because there was no crowd at the start, you could run your race immediately and not have to weave around other people. You could run the tangents and not worry about getting stuck on the outside of a pinwheel around a corner. But there were still plenty of people around to make it feel like a race. Here's a photo I grabbed off their website that shows how the start worked:

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Christrickery

Thank you so much for the photo!! That is cool!!! I miss racing and am so happy to hear a  big one went well!

And congrats on your finish! Well done!

Pain is my friend

Ran the Red Mountain 55k. Lots of climbing (4,100 ft vert) and way too hot for my liking. Started at 45 degrees and finished at 80.  Took it easy for the first half and then dropped the hammer. Finished almost 35 miles in 5:59:54 and 12th male. Had tons of energy and didn't eat much. Drank a ton of water.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Aaron Heath

Awesome, nice job Anonymous Guest & Krash! Nice to hear about your races.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks for sharing some photos! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Mom4Running

Aged to Perfection 2024

My birthday was on the 5th, so celebrated by runnjng with friends and then had a live 50k relay that I ended up running all the laps with different friends.