RA Running Game 2021

2021 Scoring (Read 97 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Some schedule info is still up in the air because it will changed based on the number of teams.  Changes or details that had been unclear are in bold for now to make them easier to find.

Scoring

• Calculations- Scoring is calculated automatically by the game at the weekly deadline (Tuesday, 10 PM Eastern Time).  Any log adjustments made after the deadline will not be counted.  Members who are on injured reserve during the week, and are still on IR at the time of the deadline, will not have their miles count for or against their teams for that week's scoring.

• Head to Head- Each week features a "Head to Head" matchup between two teams.  There are a total of 17 points that are available in each Head-to-Head matchup:

• 10 points - The team that runs the highest percentage of their collective weekly goal.  For example, if Team A's weekly goal was 1,000 miles, and they ran 1,100 miles that week, they would have run 110% of their weekly goal.  If team B's goal was 1200 miles, and they also ran 1,100 miles, they would only have run 91.67% of their weekly goal.  So, Team A would have earned the 10 points. A team's weekly goal is the sum of all non-injured reserve players' goals, divided by the number of days in the year, and multiplied by the number of days in the week.  It's not affected by the distance the team has already run that year. To find a runner's goal, use the above formula, or divide the yearly goal by 52.14285. That is the weekly goal for that runner, and does not change unless the runner makes a goal change.

• 6 points(GREEN) - The team with the highest percentage of members running at or above their weekly goal.  This is not your personal pace bunny. If you want to go green, hit your annual goal/52.14285. This is now a static number. If you want a personal pace bunny, use the widget on your running log.   Once a runner reaches their annual goal, they no longer count towards the 6 green points.

• Individual Points- There are ways for individual runners to earn points for their teams. There is one point available in each category:

•  Farthest distance: If the player who logs the greatest distance of the week is on a team, they earn 1 point for their team.

•  Most time spent: If the player who spent the most time running that week is on a team, they earn 1 point for their team.

Special Scoring Weeks

• Positional Rounds-  On these weeks, instead of a regularly scheduled Head to Head, the matchups will be based on the overall standings.  The first place team will be playing against the second place team, third place will play fourth place, etc.  These weeks give teams an opportunity to gain ground directly against their closest rivals in the standings.

• Playoffs- 
    • Wild Card Round- If there are enough teams. There will be a playoff to determine the overall 2021 Running Game. champions.  Details will depend on the # of teams. Teams who end the regular season in 6th place or higher will automatically have a spot in the playoffs.  If two teams are tied for points, the team who earned the most points on the weeks that they faced each other will be seeded higher.  The remaining teams have a chance to earn a "Wild Card" spot .  The Wild Card round will be a one-week Head to Head matchup.  Wildcard teams will be seeded into the playoffs based upon their total points at the end of the wild card round.  For the wild card round, 7th place will play 10th place, and so on.  Teams who are already in the playoffs will not have a Head to Head matchup on wildcard week.

• Playoff Rounds- After the Wild Card round, playoffs begin with the quarter-finals round . Each playoff round is 3 weeks long.  The team that earns the most points over those three weeks will move on to the next round. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Race Points for the team with the highest collective race mileage for the week (2 points in pre-pandemic times) will continue to be suspended due to COVID-19.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Half Crazy K 2.0

All Star Week is on the schedule for the week of May 31, but I'm not seeing anything in the game info. Is it coming back this year?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

All Star Week is on the schedule for the week of May 31, but I'm not seeing anything in the game info. Is it coming back this year?

Let me talk to Stealth and I'll get back to you on that. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Let me talk to Stealth and I'll get back to you on that. Smile

FYI, just asking, was definitely not a vote to have it.