RA Running Game 2021

Post When You Hit Your 2021 Mileage Goal!!! (Read 43 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I know some runners have already crossed the line, but I'll throw this up anyway. 
    Please post when you hit your annual goal and tell us how your running year went! Smile

Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I hit my goal late last month.  It was the same mileage goal I used in 2020, when I hit the goal on December 29.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

I hit my goal late last month. 

Same. And if I run my annual weekly mileage for the rest of the year, I will top last year's total. But that's unlikely to happen, since I just ran a marathon last weekend and will be in recovery mode for a while. Still, I'm pretty happy coming this close, considering last year's total was 430 miles more than I had ever run before. This year showed that was not a fluke. So the year's gone pretty well, with the benefit vs last year of being able to run two marathons. The first one I tanked - blew up after mile 18 to finish with a large positive split and a disappointing time. But turned that around last weekend at CIM - started conservatively and finished with a huge negative split, to come within 17 seconds of PR. A good way to wrap up the year.

Dave

Duke of the Internet

Same. And if I run my annual weekly mileage for the rest of the year, I will top last year's total. But that's unlikely to happen, since I just ran a marathon last weekend and will be in recovery mode for a while. Still, I'm pretty happy coming this close, considering last year's total was 430 miles more than I had ever run before. This year showed that was not a fluke. So the year's gone pretty well, with the benefit vs last year of being able to run two marathons. The first one I tanked - blew up after mile 18 to finish with a large positive split and a disappointing time. But turned that around last weekend at CIM - started conservatively and finished with a huge negative split, to come within 17 seconds of PR. A good way to wrap up the year.

Congratulations that’s huge.

Alexander R

OK, I got there today, at mile 4 into my run. Last year I had the same exact goal and I hit it in like October or something and ended up being 20% over for the year. The main reason was: no races last year, so no need to taper or to recover. Don't know about you, everyone is different, but for me races  are definitely volume killers. I just cannot have it both ways. I guess that's one way to increase my total mileage, just stop signing up for races :-)))

Pain is my friend

I will hit my goal some times next week. Only 69 miles more to hit 3100. Not my biggest year. But I am running faster this year. I ran 2 of my fastest mountain 100's this year. I can't wait for what next year brings.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

TimBurns

I hit my goal of 2200 miles last week.  As it turned out, it was also my last week of competition with my fellow team members in Run Together.  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Done! Still have a ride left to hit my cycling goal, but that should happen the day after Christmas.

Off to clean house!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

spacityrunner

Hit my goal today. Woot woot!

Trails Rock!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hit my 1500 miles on Christmas morning! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Duke of the Internet

Congrats!

Duke of the Internet

I hit my goal of 2,875 during the last week of the playoffs.  Today I logged 2,996.  So will break 3,000 this year.  Working from home has been such a time saver for me over the past two years.

Christrickery

Congratulations!!!  I hit 1500 last week and was soooooo happy!!! My goal which I foolishly upped in June then promptly went on IR was 2222. When I came off IR I decided 1500 would be a stretch, and am very happy I got there.

Love the game! Thank you so much for managing it every year. It wouldn't be the same without you!

Aaron Heath

I reached my goal of 3450 miles for the year today. This was my biggest mileage year yet, beating last year by over 200 miles. Nice work to everyone else completing their goals. Happy New Year everyone!

I'm taking a break from the mileage game next year, but will still be here logging miles. Good luck all!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

This morning I broke the 1k mile mark, my goal. 3 injuries during the year kept me trailing the pace bunny until literally the very end.

I feel good physically, but I think I am going to use 2022 to lose weight through diet. I plan to run less at the beginning of the year, so I'm not going to enter the 2022 game. See you around!

- Andrew