Most Miles Run This Week

Mom4Running (individual) 131.66 miles  

nukie19 (RT) 97.71 miles

dpschumacher (RTR) 76.87 miles

Most Time Spent Running This Week

Mom4Running (individual) 24:31:16

nukie19 (RT) 17:17:25

John Wood (WS) 12:46:31

* Seven of eight teams were 100% or better to team mileage goal. Top team was QuaranTeam at 123.7%.

* Four of eight teams were 80% or better in the green. Two teams were 100% in the green: All Run and Game and Return to Racing.

* One runner was over 200% to weekly mileage goal (and no, it's not Mom4Running). Ten runners were between 150% and 200%.

* One team runner posted a zero week and is eligible for IR. IR requests must come through team captain.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

nukie19

Well now this is a week that felt like last year - me having a great week and Mom having an even better one! Big grin  My big news that week was that I got to do a real in person race for the first time since I ran that same race last year.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well now this is a week that felt like last year - me having a great week and Mom having an even better one! Big grin  My big news that week was that I got to do a real in person race for the first time since I ran that same race last year.

Let's have some details! No in-person racing where I am. I'm waiting to hear on fall races but everything before then seems to be planning virtual.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Anonymous Guest

oops wrong week

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

(Oops - wrong week for me, too! It's contagious :-D). --Christine

nukie19

Let's have some details! No in-person racing where I am. I'm waiting to hear on fall races but everything before then seems to be planning virtual.

Sure thing!  This was a smallish local race.  There was an overnight 12 hour race along a one mile mixed route.  The night was perfect for running and I managed to set a course record for females and won the race outright by 9 laps.  My official distance was 63 miles (aka 63 laps) but with trips to my car, bathroom, etc. I ended up with a watch distance of just over 65 miles.  There were about 80 runners for the 12 hour which felt a little crowded at first but spread out nicely overnight, especially as people started taking breaks and naps and such.

After the 12 hour awards, there was a little 5k race as well with about 50 people.  Lots of kids for the 5k since the race was at a church/school.  My daughter ran the 5k and as a bonus for entering the 12hour, I also got the pleasure of running the 5k for free.  Somehow, even with a very slow 5k time, I won in my age group!  (And yes, there were actually other people in my age group!)

Rules for both races were to wear a mask around other people but you didn't have to out on the course.  Snack table had single serving cups of snacks for the ultra and just paper cups with water and gatorade for the 5k.  The ultra also allowed us to self-support with our cars, since everyone parked along the route, which was super handy.

Overall, I was in such a good mood getting to race.  Felt like I'd saved up an entire year of racing mojo for this!  This same race last year was the last time I'd gotten a chance to race in person so it was nice to get to start back into racing with the same one.

Mom4Running

Aged to Perfection 2024

I did the BURCS frozen folly 66.6hr. Run as miles, started @5am Friday and stopped @11:30 pm Sunday. Got @101 miles during that time frame.

hswiley

Congratulations Nukie! Great job on the race. Your consistently high mileage certainly paid off and probably made it easy for you. Well deserved!

Mom4Running

Aged to Perfection 2024

Congrats on your race!!!

Sure thing!  This was a smallish local race.  There was an overnight 12 hour race along a one mile mixed route.  The night was perfect for running and I managed to set a course record for females and won the race outright by 9 laps.  My official distance was 63 miles (aka 63 laps) but with trips to my car, bathroom, etc. I ended up with a watch distance of just over 65 miles.  There were about 80 runners for the 12 hour which felt a little crowded at first but spread out nicely overnight, especially as people started taking breaks and naps and such.

After the 12 hour awards, there was a little 5k race as well with about 50 people.  Lots of kids for the 5k since the race was at a church/school.  My daughter ran the 5k and as a bonus for entering the 12hour, I also got the pleasure of running the 5k for free.  Somehow, even with a very slow 5k time, I won in my age group!  (And yes, there were actually other people in my age group!)

Rules for both races were to wear a mask around other people but you didn't have to out on the course.  Snack table had single serving cups of snacks for the ultra and just paper cups with water and gatorade for the 5k.  The ultra also allowed us to self-support with our cars, since everyone parked along the route, which was super handy.

Overall, I was in such a good mood getting to race.  Felt like I'd saved up an entire year of racing mojo for this!  This same race last year was the last time I'd gotten a chance to race in person so it was nice to get to start back into racing with the same one.