RA Running Game 2022

PLEASE READ: All Star Week Returns! May 30 to June 05! UPDATED 06/07. (Read 50 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

All-Star Week is coming in week 23. That's a week away! Smile

If you played in previous years, you might remember All-Star Week as Red vs Blue. Each team will nominate 3 runners to represent their team. It is a straight mileage competition.  Two All Star teams, formed based on YTD mileage. Teams are divided as follows based on week 21 standings:  1, 4, 5, 8  and 2, 3, 6, 7.

Runners on the winning team receive a one-time-only 5% bonus to be used at a time to be determined by the teams. Bonus can be used as late as the quarter-finals. It can not be used in the semi-finals or finals.

Important**Those who are NOT running as All-Stars, regular rules still apply as far as going on IR.  It's not a bad time to have a cutback week if you need it. Total team mileage does not apply except for Team Red and Team Blue. (If you have a zero week in week  22, then you would be eligible to go on IR next week if you need to.**

*** If you are taking All Star week off, you must communicate with your captain or it can be considered a missed week.***

Post here or PM names to the admin when your team has chosen its nominees. Runners can be replaced until the start of the All-Star week if necessary. We won't be making changes to All-Stars once the week begins. Nominations must be made by May 28 (this Saturday!!). At that time, the admins will select your team nominees if you have not.  Admins will create password-protected sub-forums once the teams are set and all runners (all-stars or not) will be encouraged to join those groups. Think of it as a week long party!

ETA: The runners who compete in the All-Stars competition will be given the option to take IR in week 24 and will be activated again in week 25. If you are representing your team and opt for IR the following week, advise your team captains and they will forward your message to admin. This is intended to give our mileage monsters a chance to recover without hurting their teams.

Questions? Smile

Nominated runners

Appreci-8 Your Stride - pfriese, On_WI, TimBurns

Got Run, eh? - cc4life07, Krash, sdWhiskers

MotherFooters - AlyssaM, Care4aRun, Mom4Running

Call the Race Director -Anonymous Guest, DavePNW and Karen M

Legs Miserables - CalBears, JMac11, stevepf

Rapid Thigh Movement - John Wood, nukie19, Christirei

Brave Soles - MarkyMark MisterAlthen, Christrickery

Easier Said Than Run - Alexander R, bobinpittsburgh, Fredford66

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Captains, on your MyTeam page, at the top there should be an All-Stars button next to your team name.

You can select your All-Stars there. Please also let us know in this thread once you have three and I'll update the lists above. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Last year the All Stars were given the option for IR the week after to recover.  Will this be the case again?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Last year the All Stars were given the option for IR the week after to recover.  Will this be the case again?

Yes. Smile We made an exception last year that anyone who competed in the All-Stars matchup could go on IR for the following week without qualifying for it. So IR for week 24 and activated again for week 25. Thank you for the reminder. I will add that into the first post. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Christrickery

Brave Soles All Stars are MarkyMark MisterAlthen and Christrickery

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That's 4 teams nominated. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

TimBurns

Appreci-8 Your Stride: pfriese, On_WI, TimBurns  

Mom4Running

Aged to Perfection 2024

maryland represents !

All About that Pace 2024

HFers.

maryland represents !

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

For Easier Said Than Run, the competitors will be:

Alexander R

bobinpittsburgh

Fredford66

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Mom4Running

Aged to Perfection 2024

Are the all star user groups created?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Are the all star user groups created?

Judging by the way the schedule has divided up the All-Stars input already, it looks like...

Red is...

Easier Said Than Run

MotherFooters

Legs Miserables

Braves Soles

Blue is...

Appreci-8 Your Stride

Got Run, eh?

Call the Race Director!

Rapid Thigh Movement'

I have set up a group for Blue bc my running team is in blue; if you are on a blue team, I'm going to message captains to post it in your team forums or message me for it. Mom4Running (or another member of the red teams), if you want to set up a password protected group, go ahead. Usually stealth would set up the one I wasn't in.

If you are not a nominated All-Star runner, come join the group anyway. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The red forum has been started. Captains of red teams have been sent a pm with link and pw. If you are on a red team, contact your Captains for the info.

Red teams are MotherFooters, Legs, Brave soles, ESTR.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Still waiting on All-Star picks from Call the Race Director! and Rapid Thigh Movement.

If they aren't selected by Sunday night, I will pick three per team. Changes can't be made in the system once the new week starts so they need to be selected before the game starts week 23.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Anonymous Guest

In at the last minute! Anonymous Guest, DavePNW and Karen M from Call the Race Director!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel