RA Running Game 2022

2023 Game (Read 91 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

When will the 2023 signup start?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

When will the 2023 signup start?

Signups for next years game posted in the main forum: Friday, November 25 (last Friday in November)

Last Day to sign up for team game: Sunday, December 11 (second Sunday in December)

Teams will be announced in 2022 Game forum on Sunday, December 18.

Hopefully we get enough players for next year. In the last 2 years, we figured out that the game really needs at least 65 people in the team game to make it work. With 65 runners, it's roughly 8 people per team and we need 8 teams. With IR, teams can get pretty small at times which is tough for the head to head competition.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

There was some pushback earlier this year around changes to the game. Is now an appropriate time for us to discuss them?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

There was some pushback earlier this year around changes to the game. Is now an appropriate time for us to discuss them?

Absolutely. What have you got, JM? I'm suspecting you've got a list.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I don't have a full list! I'd just go back to some of those earlier threads around what people were looking for. I believe one of them was if you tie for percentage green, you should split points instead of nobody getting them. I'd be curious if there is a reason going forward why we would keep that.

I feel like my team may have had 1 or 2 other things we thought of. I'll see if I can dig it up.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I don't have a full list! I'd just go back to some of those earlier threads around what people were looking for. I believe one of them was if you tie for percentage green, you should split points instead of nobody getting them. I'd be curious if there is a reason going forward why we would keep that.

I feel like my team may have had 1 or 2 other things we thought of. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I'm not ignoring your post and I did read it. We are discussing the tie points as an admin team because it's not just my decision.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I'm not ignoring your post and I did read it. We are discussing the tie points as an admin team because it's not just my decision.

Appreciate it!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

The admins talked about it. The current decision is to keep it as it is; a tie in green percentage will not be awarded green points. All points are up for grabs when results post because this is running and there are no guarantees. You can have a perfect training cycle and the weather is perfect on race day and you trip/skid over a water cup at the end of the second aid station and sprain your ankle and now it's a decision to DNF or suffer through to what is unlikely to be a PR. When results post, all the points are up for grabs. It's not we're guaranteed at least 3 points for being 100% green but maybe 6 points if the other team has a runner who didn't hit green. We are adults here, not pro athletes. We aren't relying a good playoff seeding to get us to the final and help us get a bigger payday on our next contract. We hope you can understand why this was decided.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Reminder: registration for next year's game will open on Friday, November 25.

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/562debb4729143bbab22420d08461435/resume#focus

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

2023 Game forum will be opened in mid-December once the teams have been created. Welcome to any new gamers joining us here until the new forum is open. Feel free to ask questions.. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

nukie19

2023 Game forum will be opened in mid-December once the teams have been created. Welcome to any new gamers joining us here until the new forum is open. Feel free to ask questions.. Smile

I was just coming to find out what was up with the forums.  Standing by for them to be open up!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

We have officially hit 70 people signed up for teams for next year.

Reminder: deadline is Dec 12. If you are waffling on whether to sign up or what your goal should be, get that set and sign up. The more people who commit to staying through 2023, the better!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Wrong thread

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Team registration is closed. I will let you know when teams are formed and the 2023 forum is open.

Thank you for your patience.

Individual registration is open until Dec 31 for anyone who still wants to join. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292.