RA Running Game 2022

Week 43 - First Week of Quarter-finals - Accomplishments (Read 40 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Scores (Best of 3 Weeks Total points)

Rapid Thigh Movement 16, Appreci-8 Your Stride 0

Legs Miserables 2, Call the Race Director 16

Brave Soles 0, Got Run eh? 13

Easier Said than Run 2, Motherfooters 16.

Races

5K: CRCMikeW (GRe?) 19:20

10k: Fredford66 (ESTR) 49:24

Half: JMac11 (LM) 1:19:39.86

Full: ----

Most Miles Run

Michaelmarty (indiv) 90.32 miles

JMac11 (LM) 80.28 miles

Krash (GRe?) 74.02 miles

Mom4Running(MF) 73.8 miles

ch17 (indiv) 70.1 miles

Most Time Running

Krash (GRe?) 12:27:43

Colorado Kath (A8YS) 12:05:19

Mom4Running (MF) 11:43:01

* Six of eight teams were 100% or better to team mileage goal. Top teams: Rapid Thigh Movement (143.34%) and Got Run, eh? (133.24%).

* Five of eight teams had race miles.

* Seven of eight teams were 80% or better in the green. Brave Soles and Got Run,eh? were both 100% green and bc they were head to head, neither won green points.

* One runner was over 200% to goal. Eight runners were between 150% and 200% to individual weekly goal.

* No team runners posted zero weeks.

* Running Problem (indiv, 2022 miles) and Ms Sassy Pants (RTM, 1500) have both hit their annual goal. Once you hit goal, you can no longer go green in the team game and count that way.

How was your start in the playoffs? Smile

**Note: I am checking into how All-Star Button use will/will not show in results.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Christrickery

Brave Soles would like to congratulate Got Run, eh. This was not our plan, but we didn’t realize you have sleeper agent willing to run 264% 😳, if my math is right. Don’t worry—game on!! Let’s Run!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Brave Soles would like to congratulate Got Run, eh. This was not our plan, but we didn’t realize you have sleeper agent willing to run 264% 😳, if my math is right. Don’t worry—game on!! Let’s Run!

Our sleeper agent as you call him is putting in a big push toward his annual goal. He is 62.5% to annual goal and I think he's not happy with that with just over 2 months to go. 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Christrickery

🤣🤣🤣 Good for him!  If he has any advice for cramming for marathon training, I'm all ears.

Hello!  Sleeper Agent here!  I don't really have great advice for cramming for marathon training AT ALL.  If you want some advice for getting 250%+ of your weekly mileage in the mileage game--here it is!:

1. Contract dreaded "Long COVID" in mid-December 2021.

2. Have your wife give birth to a child at the end of March, 2022.

3. Once the baby sleeps through the night at around September 1, continue to use said baby as an excuse to not run for six more weeks.

...and that gets us to now!  Really behind the eight ball, but I was always a procrastinator in school, too--so this all checks out.

🤣🤣🤣 Good for him!  If he has any advice for cramming for marathon training, I'm all ears.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Ooh, I know that one. My first marathon I ran on < 30 days notice. My third I ran last month on about 2 weeks notice after a summer of training to pace about 10-15 minutes slower than my usual fall marathon pace (although that full I was pacing someone else.)

My advice is this: you can't make up the runs you missed or cut short so do what you can in training, be smart so you don't get hurt and can get to the start line and, when you do that marathon, accept that sometimes you might need to walk. It's all about finishing and you can finish! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

zebano

CRCMikeW that sounds horrendous.

Christrickery - Best of luck with the marathon. There is no secret.

Public shout out to the rest of my team Rapid Thigh Movement! Holy cow you guys came through last week! Great work.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

Nah, it wasn't so bad.  The long COVID was bad, I suppose.  But the after March it was MOSTLY me being lazy/making excuses. 

CRCMikeW that sounds horrendous.