RA Running Game 2022

Week 41 Accomplishments (Read 50 times)

This is the third time I've paced Chicago Marathon, the last two at 3:10 and this time at 3:15.  I hoping to sneak into the NYC Marathon pace team next year and am debating pacing Rome in March as the Chicago pace team was invited to help with some of the faster paces.  I just don't know if I could do a good job since I don't speak Italian and don't think it is fair to ask runners to adapt to the pacer.

do you pace other races?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

This is the third time I've paced Chicago Marathon, the last two at 3:10 and this time at 3:15.  I hoping to sneak into the NYC Marathon pace team next year and am debating pacing Rome in March as the Chicago pace team was invited to help with some of the faster paces.  I just don't know if I could do a good job since I don't speak Italian and don't think it is fair to ask runners to adapt to the pacer.

I'm running NY next year.  You want to pace 4:00? Or is that just a bit too painfully slow for you?    I might be able to shoot for 3:55....

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Pain is my friend

Many Italians speak English. But can you give Kilometer splits instead of mile splits?

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

I just wanted to give due props to the Chicago pace team. The group I ran with were rock steady on paces. I just stuck with them without having to worry about looking at my watch. Then at 19-20 I was feeling good and took off on my own. But I don't know if I could've done it without them getting me to that point.

Oh and I agree pacing is fun! I've never done it for a full, but I've done a few HMs. It's a little weird to me seeing the later mile markers, knowing how you feel at that point when racing, but instead just feeling great the whole way. And if you do a good job, and if people are with you at the finish, they are very appreciative! I had a guy wanting to take a post-race picture of me with his wife and kid, lol.

Dave

debating pacing Rome in March as the Chicago pace team was invited to help with some of the faster paces.  I just don't know if I could do a good job since I don't speak Italian and don't think it is fair to ask runners to adapt to the pacer.

Is the travel & lodging on your dime? Because if they cover that...I'd learn Italian in a hurry!

Dave

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

And if you do a good job, and if people are with you at the finish, they are very appreciative! I had a guy wanting to take a post-race picture of me with his wife and kid, lol.

In my half as pacer, I ended up finishing alone (2:40:12 as the 2:40 pacer), but I got to hand out medals to 8 or 10 people I had run parts of the race with who had finished just behind me which was a really cool thing too. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

If it was I'd be in for sure.  Just race entry and a bunch of gear.  That's what's so attractive about pacing Chicago...I drive down in the morning so my only expense is parking split between the four guys I carpooled with.

Krash, funny you say that.  The number one question at the expo was if we had pace tattoos in kilometers instead of miles.  Nevermind it would go from your wrist to your shoulder since there are 16 more of them!  The second most common question was if we had pacers faster than three hours.  We didn't though several years ago, they ran a 2:45 pace group to try to help women hit the OTQ standard.

Is the travel & lodging on your dime? Because if they cover that...I'd learn Italian in a hurry!

The second most common question was if we had pacers faster than three hours.  We didn't though several years ago, they ran a 2:45 pace group to try to help women hit the OTQ standard.

Seems like it would be tough to find those pacers! Although for a marquee race like Chicago, and for that purpose, maybe not.

The main group I've paced for splits up marathons into first half & second half pace teams. It helps open it up to more pacers, since you can pace a time faster than you could normally do for a full.

Dave

Mom4Running

Aged to Perfection 2024

thats awesome!!  I would love to pace Chicago or NY

Marky_Mark_17

Oh and I agree pacing is fun! I've never done it for a full, but I've done a few HMs. It's a little weird to me seeing the later mile markers, knowing how you feel at that point when racing, but instead just feeling great the whole way. And if you do a good job, and if people are with you at the finish, they are very appreciative! I had a guy wanting to take a post-race picture of me with his wife and kid, lol.

I've been meaning to give it a crack for HM's but never quite got around to it.  Thanks for the reminder... I need to go put my hand up!  Definitely not experienced enough at full to pace one of those but would be nice to help some runners crack the 1:30 mark in the HM.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Mom4Running

Aged to Perfection 2024

Where is week 42?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Where is week 42?

I was out running and didn't get it done. I'll try to get it written up this morning once I get my daughter off to school. Sorry for the delay.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.