Running-Wizard

Countdown - It's race time! (Read 49 times)

JML

Hi Christirei

My race is next weekend (May 19th) so I am currently living with a mild case of taper madness.  I always have to remind myself that there is no upside to running hard right now, as nothing I do at this point will have a positive impact on the race.   On the upside, I find myself at the end of another long RW training cycle with no injuries and legs that feel VERY sharp.  Race day is going to be A LOT of fun.

Thanks,

Jon

2014 goals: run a bunch....race some.....repeat...

Jon! How are you feeling?? Ready for race week?? Hope things are going well on your front!

JML

Jon! How are you feeling?? Ready for race week?? Hope things are going well on your front!

Hey Christirei -

Things are in good order.   I ran my final time trail this past weekend (1500M) and it went well.  On the recommendation of a very fast running friend, I also purchased a pair of running flats (NB 1600) that are similar in construction to my everyday training shoe (NB 890).  I have not owned a pair of racing shoes in 20+ years and had forgotten how light they are.    I wore them for the time trial as well as the warm-up / cool-down miles to try them out and they will be coming to the race.

I only have a few easy effort runs and one up-tempo workout left.  The weather for race day even appears to be cooperating.  Now.....if only I can keep SubDood away from my race.......

Hungry

Hey Christirei -

Things are in good order.   I ran my final time trail this past weekend (1500M) and it went well.  On the recommendation of a very fast running friend, I also purchased a pair of running flats (NB 1600) that are similar in construction to my everyday training shoe (NB 890).  I have not owned a pair of racing shoes in 20+ years and had forgotten how light they are.    I wore them for the time trial as well as the warm-up / cool-down miles to try them out and they will be coming to the race.

I only have a few easy effort runs and one up-tempo workout left.  The weather for race day even appears to be cooperating.  Now.....if only I can keep SubDood away from my race.......

Jon,

Sounds like you have set yourself up to do very well -- I promise not to show up and ruin everything!

I have a pair of NB 1600's that are a tad too small for me -- they are size 10, and I should've gotten them in a 10.5.  Anyhow, if you wear a 10 and would like an extra pair, you can have these -- they look new, although they have about 118 (mostly treadmill) miles on them. If you can't use them, they are fair game to anyone else here who can put them to good use. They are SOOOO light!

Good luck!

Bob

2013: 2647.2 miles

2014: Boston

JML

Jon,

Sounds like you have set yourself up to do very well -- I promise not to show up and ruin everything!

I have a pair of NB 1600's that are a tad too small for me -- they are size 10, and I should've gotten them in a 10.5.  Anyhow, if you wear a 10 and would like an extra pair, you can have these -- they look new, although they have about 118 (mostly treadmill) miles on them. If you can't use them, they are fair game to anyone else here who can put them to good use. They are SOOOO light!

Good luck!

Bob

Bob -

Funny that you mention it but I had to go up a half size in the 1600s as well.  I am always a 12 in everything New Balance makes.....except for these.  They are in fact a ridiculously light shoe that still seems to be a supportive and slightly cushioned.  I don't know what sort of black magic is being used to make this happen but I am definitely a fan.

In other New Balance news,  the link below is worth a look.  Sadly, I am exactly in the demographic.

http://screencrush.com/snl-fake-new-balance-commerical/?trackback=fbshare

Hungry

In other New Balance news,  the link below is worth a look.  Sadly, I am exactly in the demographic.

http://screencrush.com/snl-fake-new-balance-commerical/?trackback=fbshare

HA! Hilarious! Hits a little close to home for me, too.  I currently own 4 pairs of New Balance ... and I easily tire walking up stairs!

2013: 2647.2 miles

2014: Boston