Seattle Runners

Hello from a RWOL refugee! (Read 224 times)

I know this forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, but I'm hoping I can drag some of the folks from the "Running in the Pacific NW" thread over here and (I see DennisF6 and Obi-Run Kenobi are already here Smile)  

I mostly run trails/ultras these days, but I did run the Seattle half this year (it was my 4th half in 4 days as part of the Seattle "Quadzuki."  You can read my report here).  

Cheers!

RunsInTheRain

This is Rita checking in, another RWOL refugee.  Or you can call me RunsInTheRain.

Thanks for the heads up EDRW about this new forum.

Glad to be here

Two minute intro.... got bit by the marathon bug in 2008 when i ran my 3rd. Have now completed 15. A Marathon Maniac and just 5 minutes short of my BQ. Here's to 2013 and getting that BQ

My SAHD who runs blog:

http://26dot2withtoddler.wordpress.com/

I saw that you had signed up RitR!  Great to see you here.  Not sure if you keep a running log, but the one here is awesome.  I had just been using Garmin Connect but was able to easily upload all my workouts from the past year.

I mostly hang out in the trail runners and ultra forums, but there's a group for marathoners as well.  And of course there are the general running forums on the main page.  Hopefully we'll get more folks to come over!

RunsInTheRain

EDRW

Thanks for the info. I haven't really looked around to see what RunningAhead offers. I too have used Garmin Connect for 2 years and will try to upload my data.

Good luck with Deception Pass tomorrow !!

Didn't know there were really any other RW people here.  I have been a member of this group for quite a while but it is pretty quiet in here and I don't post often.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Revenge of the Nerd

Happy Holidays to all Seattle runners. Go 'Hawks!

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

RunsInTheRain

Very Happy Holidays to all.

Thinking about my 2013 goals....

and you?

Revenge of the Nerd

My primary goal for 2013 is to re-introduce some resistance training into my regimen.  I got sidetracked during the second half of 2012 and as a result have lost fitness and gained a few pounds.  The XT will help on both counts.  Need to mix in more biking and trail running as well.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

DennisF6

My main goal will be to run an under 4 hour marathon.  I've run a couple of HM's in around 1:44, and I have been pretty consistently running 40-45 miles/week (more leading up to marathon), so I SHOULD be able to beat 4 hours but I haven't yet in two attempts. Wanted to use the Eugene Marathon to finally break that mark, but the logistics of an out of town race are tough for me at this point (babysitter, ...).  I'm thinking of shooting for the Tacoma City Marathon now.   Any other ideas for a local marathon, with a PR friendly course, in the April-June time frame?

My primary goals are to earn buckles at the Rocky Raccoon 100 (Feb.) and the Cascade Crest 100 (Aug.)  Oh, and to come up with something awesome to celebrate turning 50 in November!

Dennis -- how about Light at the End of the Tunnel in mid July?  It's an all downhill course, but since it's a railroad grade it's pretty gradual.  Lots of BQs/PRs are set there!