Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

Update from Zorran (Read 15 times)

zorran

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give a little positive feedback.  Having been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (weight gain, hair loss and awful running, no energy etc.) I was put on 50mcg Levothyroxine.  There was no improvement except that my hair stopped falling out!  On my next visit to my doctor she put me on 75mcg Levothyroxine.  What a difference.  I have loads of energy, I'm happy, my running has improved and I'm back to mucking out my 6 horses again (my husband is grateful for that!)  At 62 I thought my age was catching up with me but no - I'm running cross country races, half marathon trail runs as well as exercising my 5 dogs, looking after the poultry on our smallholding and doing the dreaded housework!  I'm also starting to lose weight.  My diet consists of basically raw veg and fruit with baked potato, yoghurt, lots of eggs (from our own free-range hens) and coconut oil.  I can't praise this product enough - it gives you instant energy, does not convert to fat and is very good for thyroid conditions.  I'm a vegetarian (since the age of 12) so I get my protein from lentils, eggs, cheese and all the raw veg and fruit I eat.  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones Smile xxx

Oh roo roooo!

Thanks for the update--interesting to read that you apparently avoid grains.  I've noticed improvement in my own thyroid issues since going to a more "Paleo/Primal" type of diet.  It seems like there's a lot more to this picture than what it appears at first look.

Glad you're feeling better!

glad to hear a positive update!