Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

Progress? (Read 545 times)

(((((Shaunna))))) so sorry that you are being put through the mill Sad They thought that with me too - checked all those pituitary hormones - nothing came back - like you - I still have symptoms and weird skin stuff, but so far, unable to find a direct link to anything. Antibodies/autoimmune stuff is really weird and can cause all kinds of weird stuff to come and go - as long as it goes.... The dialysis test was for the FT4 - it can be falsely elevated because of interference from the TPO being elevated - I would still ask about it. Your TSH seems basically the same, I would think it would have come back up - your thyroid seems to be functioning well with your T4 and T3 output. Still, I was told repeatedly that it could take as long as a year to reset and come back to normal, and you are just at 3 months, so there is still hope that everything will straighten out. I think it's great that your endo is looking closely at the the pituitary - for what it's worth, I think it's a good call to take a closer look - don't be surprised/alarmed if they want to do an MRI of your pituitary if everything else checks out. Sucks big time having to go through the testing mill Sad Hang in there, and keep me posted.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Thanks so much Cheryl. It really helps knowing you are out there and understand. I didn't realize you had weird skin stuff going on too- I thought I was just a freak Tongue I am still holding out hope that my TSH is just freakishly slow to rebound, mainly because the other option scares me a lot. I don't want to have to take replacement female hormones already at 25. Undecided I am also really glad my doctor wants to get to the bottom of this. I don't mind lots of testing if she can figure out what's going on! I just got the book you recommended, so I can't wait to start reading it in between doing homework. And btw, thanks for your myspace message Smile
        Thanks so much Cheryl. It really thought I was just a freak Tongue
        ummm Shaunna, you are a freak - you ran a marathon Tongue Helps me too knowing you understand me too Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

Had my endo visit today. TSH still 0.02, FT4 now up to 2.6 (0.8-2.7), T3 total up to 160 (60-181), FT3 348(230-420). I asked if she was concerned about my FT4 up to 2.6 - but she said no, I have no clinical signs of being hyper. I've backed down on the dose of my Bi-est from 1.875 to 1.25, so we'll see if that makes a difference in the T4 to T3 ratio. We agreed to stay on my same dose of 112, and if I feel like I'm starting to get hyper, I can call and get labs done,otherwise, my next appointment is end of May. Finally somewhat stable - I am now 15 months post surgery. She had no explanation for why my TSH is still so depressed, but she was pleased that I was feeling relatively well. When she asked how I was feeling, I told her that I had been pretty tired, but that I didn't think it was my thyroid (this before I knew my results). Then I asked her if she was impressed that I wasn't blaming "everything" on my thyroid Big grin. This has given me more confidence that I truly can tell the difference when I am feeling "off" due to thyroid levels... She did not think my doses have anything to do with my last DEXA scan. We are going to check urine calcium levels and osteocalcin levels. I still have to wait until April to see "the bone guy". I will have lots of info for him.... All in all, I am very pleased with how the appointment went. Smile

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group