Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

Welcome and please say Hi (Read 927 times)

Welcome to all the new members! This is a great group Smile I got bloodwork done last week and am seeing my endo Monday, so hopefully my levels will still be normal. I am feeling pretty good lately.
    Great news, Shaunna! Fingers crossed for you! DH said just last week that I seemed to be just the way I used to be....I'm pretty sure that was a good comment Tongue

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Great news, Shaunna! Fingers crossed for you! DH said just last week that I seemed to be just the way I used to be....I'm pretty sure that was a good comment Tongue
      Definitely a good comment. That is so good to hear!

Driver, Runner, Bestie

Good morning and TGIF. Here is the results of blood work I had done on 8/21. CBC W/DIF moderate anisocytosis. WBC: 13.7 RBC 4.71 HGB 9.7 g/DL HCT 33 Percent MCV 78FL, MCH 26PG, MNHC 28,5 G?DL, PLT 302, Neutrophils 58 percent, lymphocytes 23 percent, monocytes 6 percent, eosinophils 4 percent, basohils 1 percent, neutrophil count 1.8 percent, lymphocyte ct 2.1 percent, monocyte ct .02, eosinophil ct .3, basophil ct. .1, RDW 17.6 H- slight anisocytosis, TSH 33.11 H, Ferritin 3.8 L. Any suggestions on what this all means would be greatly appreciated. And I hope I am not hi-jacking this forum with all this detailed information.
          moved your question to the lab work forum Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Hi all, I am Joanne. I am dutch but I live in the Czech Republic. I run since 5 years and never have been very fast. I think that I have thyroid problems already for years but the symptoms were very vague. Since last december I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidy. I couldn't run anymore, I was already glad when I could get up the stairsSad I started with euthyrox 50 and after 3 months I was reduced to 5x0,5 per week. I started running again. I had to start at very low impact but this was fine with me, as long as I could run again. This went well until last week. Again I am out of breath when I walk up a hill and my concentration is back to zero. I am planning to go to the endocrinologist again this week so she can have a look at my medication. I am confident that in 4 weeks time I will be running again but at the moment I feel like being in a dark tunnel with no light at the end....

Today is another beautiful day

Hi Joanne, welcome! Thyroid issues take a long time to resolve. I am glad that you will be going to see another doctor, hopefully he/she will be able to get you to a good level with your doses. That is good that you are doing th best you can with your exercise! Keep up the good work with that Smile

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Driver, Runner, Bestie

Hi Joanne: I had no desire to run at all before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Everything was slow and a big deal. With the right dosage, I am running 6 times a week and bouncing around the rest of the time. Truly, this has changed my life. I wish you luck with your treatment. I am glad you found us. We have a great support system here and some truly knowledgable runners--about everything related to hypothyroidism and running, and each dealing with her own thyroid issues.
                HappyFeat

Hi JoanneSmile Welcome to the group. It's a good feeling to be able to share with other runners with thyroid issues because we can really understand what each other is going through - both the highs and the lows. I hope your appointment with the endocrinologist goes well. Let us know what she says. ~Amy

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I've been to the endocrinologist, Despite my complaints she didn't want my medication changed, because my TSH and T3, T4 values are good. Those values always were good, only the antibodies are elevated. She suggested it might be the menopause.Confused OK, I am 43 years old, there is a slight chance but with my complaints being just the same as a few months ago, before I started to use Euthyrox, it is not very likely. So I went to my general practitioner and she says except for the thyroid, there is nothing wrong with me. She suggested "maybe some spring fatigue"??? Last week I went to Prague for a second opinion. I went to see an internist, wrote down a medical history for him so I wouldn't forget anything and left the option open that there might be something completely different being wrong with me. The internist immediately said that the chance of it being somethings else than my thyroid is minimal. He sent me to a cardiologist to have my heart checked and after the message that there is nothing visibily wrong with my heart he increased my dosis for the Euthyrox. In 4 weeks I have an appointment with another endocrinologist (she is on holiday now) I hope next week my Euthyrox has settled well enough for me to start running again. Reading other person's stories really helps you get through the depressing mood you get into when you can't do anything anymore. Thanks all for your kind words and your experiences.

Today is another beautiful day

Driver, Runner, Bestie

Hi Joanne: Hang in there. It sounds like you are following up all available avenues. Keep us posted.
                        Joanne, so happy that you pursued this and looks like you found a good doctor to back you up. I am still amazed at how quickly doctors will tell you "it's not your thyroid" if your lab values are anywhere in the the normal range. Keep those spirits up, Joanne, here's hoping that your dose increase does the trick for you! Looking forward to hearing about running progress from you in the near future Smile and HappY Mother's Day to all the moms in here!

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Top 'O the World!

Hello! New here...just "diagnosed"....actually, Doc was aware that my TSH levels were just a little outside of normal...but I hadn't mentioned any noteworthy symptoms....then this year, the lab threw a flag on the annual blood work. So, we had a chat which ended w/a script. Been Googling stuff....some I knew from pathology class - just didn't pay real close attention (didn't think it pertained to me). I guess now the education begins.
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                            Welcome Cindy! The people in here are a wealth of information (especially Cheryl who could probably teach a class on thryoid function), so ask away!

Top 'O the World!

I will be reading - ALOT for awhile now....still not sure what my questions are....was so nice that the pharmacist took me aside yesterday to chat. He asked if I'd ever been on this before, wanted to answer any questions, make sure that I knew how to use this, what to pay attention to, etc....very nice! I'm grateful!
                              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Driver, Runner, Bestie

Hi Cindy: You will be amazed at how different you will when you get the correct dosage, so much more energy, a completely different and better person. Having this thyroid condition diagnosed changed my life. I went from not being able to walk for more than half an hour to running a Half Marathon in about 9 months. Welcome to the board and please keep us updated on your progress. Kate