Trailer Trash

Throwbackish Thursday (Read 33 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a pleasant 8 miles this morning.

QOTD:  What has been your favorite QOTD or answer(s) that you can remember?

There was a question (last year maybe) about being in trouble with the law.  It was fascinating to see how people have a "past" despite not a ton of detail being given.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Marley is hating the weather in Florida, but we had a nice 3 mile run this morning any way.

QOTD: Nothing comes to mind.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

12 miles this morning. A mix of a few road miles and the rest on single track with the Pointer Sisters.

Trying to string together a long run for the weekend with a ton of climbing, which will be my last big workout before Western States.

QOTD: "Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise" stirred a fair amount of controversy. I think there still may be some bad blood lingering over that one.

AT-runner

Tim

Early 8 mile run for me as well.  Tried to beat the heat, but it till was pretty humid.  Didn't finish up work in time so I missed the Gettysburg Beer Runners run, but did meet up for a beer after they were done.

TT - does the heat slow Marley down, or does she not want to run?

XT and T&C - Weather in the mountains looks very promising (compared to the earlier forecast) for LH on Saturday.  Seven Springs says 72* with chance of passing thunderstorms.  Good luck!

QOTD:  Mayo

Several good ones.  I remember many of the similarities to some answers like, most said they were introverted, most run without music, most had a little rebellious streak when young, most like a good beer (PBR excluded) and many of us read quite a bit.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

A little over 2 this morning; more coming after work, 3 to 5.

QOTD: Nothing specific comes to mind, but some of the previous responses make me feel compelled to re-address earlier QOTD's: MAYO. I have no idea how anyone could stomach Miracle Whip... And, I have read 7 books this year. And I have not had a beer in a pretty good while. I have been enjoying a little bourbon, though.

LB2

runtraildc

Ran 2 slow miles last night, and the hamstring felt pretty close to normal.  Will get to the gym today for the elliptical and weights.

qotd:  Mayo.  And just finished a novel by Jeanette Walls (one of my favorites, she wrote Glass Castles which is about her difficult childhood with two mentally ill parents).  Oh wait, there was a question?  Any question that has to do with beer and/or food.

muppy

6.5 Road miles last night.

No running tonight, my little boy graduates from high school. For a year or two I never thought he would make it, and now he is the Vo Tech student of the year!

QOTD Mayo  or Miracle whip, it's all the same to me.

BBQ  sauce is where it's at!

Early 8 mile run for me as well.  Tried to beat the heat, but it till was pretty humid.  Didn't finish up work in time so I missed the Gettysburg Beer Runners run, but did meet up for a beer after they were done.

XT and T&C - Weather in the mountains looks very promising (compared to the earlier forecast) for LH on Saturday.  Seven Springs says 72* with chance of passing thunderstorms.  Good luck!

QOTD:  Mayo

Several good ones.  I remember many of the similarities to some answers like, most said they were introverted, most run without music, most had a little rebellious streak when young, most like a good beer (PBR excluded) and many of us read quite a bit.

Good to know! I've been focusing on the Ohiopyle forecast which says high of 81 but not sure exactly where that's taken elevation wise.

SRD today. Will go for a short shakeout run tomorrow.

QOTD: Nothing specific but always like learning more about people's personal lives.

AT-runner

Tim

Good to know! I've been focusing on the Ohiopyle forecast which says high of 81 but not sure exactly where that's taken elevation wise.

XT will know more, but Ohiopyle is always a bit warmer and it's around 1600'.  Most of the race will be above 2400' and Seven Springs is the top at 2950' and is usually 5-10* cooler (we had a place at Seven Springs for many years, so I know that weather).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5-ish miles early, no luck finding the fob 

qotd: I kind of enjoy all of them, little insight into what folks are doing/thinking/have done

edit- mayo!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Woke up right on time this morning with thoughts of where I was going to run which put me back asleep for another 45 mintues. Anyway my ten mile run got cut down to 6. It happens

QOTD huh

Daydreamer1

I have a driveway that's partially paved and needs to be finished and the old stuff repaved. I've been hanging around the house waiting for some people to come and give me a quote and that's been cutting into my running time. This morning the one guy showed up as soon as I got home from work so I was going to head up on the mountain for a trail run. Then DS texted me and asked if I want to go for a run when he gets home. Don't have time for two runs so I guess I'll wait for him and just go for 7+ miles on the road. Gotta try to keep him interested in running.

QOTD: Have to say I like them all. Provides some interesting reading everyday. Even when I don't have time to post I'll look back over the old posts for the questions.

She has been hesitant to get going.  She keeps stopping and looking back toward home.  Once we get to a certain point in the run she is fine.  It seems to be about where we cross some railroad tracks.  Maybe the train scared her and she now remembers it?  Not sure.  My wife suggested that maybe she misses getting a ride in the car to the trails.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

some call me Tim

I'll get in 5-7 on the home trails a bit later... we had nearly a week of light rain and it was getting in the way of some outdoor projects, so they take priority. Got a few apple trees in the ground, now to cut a hell of a lot of knee high grass.

qotd: Well, I don't think I was around for mayo vs blech (not much for either, tbh, unless I make the mayo fresh) but I enjoy anything that prompts a story. That recent one about proudest childhood moment was pure gold.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Something around five this morning.  I guess it was too sunny for my Garmin to locate a satellite!

QOTD:  Shit Jamie you're going to make us think hard!  With cocktail on this.  I like hearing personal stories about you people..what makes ya tick besides trails, running, drinking...oh and ticks.  Like daydreamer I when I haven't checked in here I will go back and read the QOTD only.

Muppy:  Congratulations on the boy!

MTWArden:  Look in your shorts and backpack.  My husband lost a key when we were in Mexico.  You swore up and down how careful he was to return it to the backpack when he unlocked the car (you know basically blaming me).  We spent time sifting through the sand but no luck.  When I got home and did the laundry I found the key in his swimsuit!

Trailtromper:  Maybe your wife is right or maybe because it's a new place she's a little nervous about living the house.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄