Trailer Trash

Halloween Mondaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Skipped my run yesterday due to some back pain.  I installed a floor in my office entry on Saturday and tweaked my back.  Needed a rest day but was feeling antsy so I walked on TM for an hour watching evening football.  Feel a bit better today, and entry looks great. It was one of those projects I had been putting off until after our Southwest trip.

QOTD:  Mileage time.  I'm at 218 now (94 was in 1 week) and might run a short bit at lunch.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Today was a rest day. I got a total of 13 miles yesterday.

QOTD: I got 105.4. That is low, but it is better than any month since January for me. I will do even better in November, December, and next year for sure. I need to knock out a couple of back to backs in November, probably 20 and 10 and another 10 and 20.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning.  Got in an early 6 this morning.  It was chilly but in a good way.

Anyone know how DD did yesterday? I checked Tussey's website last night but it didn't look like results were posted.  It was a bit warm here so hoping it was a little cooler up that way.  Also, we got hit with a nasty storm  late afternoon that was moving very quickly.  I imagine the State College area got it in some fashion.

QOTD: Ended at 133ish.  Over half of that was race week.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Got in just over 4 late yesterday, right before sunset and the storm front.  The sky was beautiful, enough to distract me from my sluggish legs.

qotd: 97. Guess what I'm running later?

AT-runner

Tim

Anyone know how DD did yesterday? I checked Tussey's website last night but it didn't look like results were posted.  It was a bit warm here so hoping it was a little cooler up that way.  Also, we got hit with a nasty storm  late afternoon that was moving very quickly.  I imagine the State College area got it in some fashion.

I was thinking about him.  Jess was out running on the roads and I went out and picked her up, with a mile to go, just as winds were gusting. As soon as we drove away there was a big bolt of lightning and the rain came down.  Right away, I thought of Tussey and the Adventure race that was going on in Michaux.

LB2

I don't know how DD did, but DPC3 finished his first 100 mile run at Javelina in 27:16 or something like that. About 50 percent of the field dropped due to heat.

LB2

XtremeTaper

I had a pretty good 7 miler yesterday at Green Lane. Less achey overall and a set of mountain bikers fired me up early in the run and settled  into a brisk pace. Sad though midrun I ran into a hiker I see a lot of times on the weekends who also has a gsp. He did not have his dog with him. I stopped and talked for a few minutes and is dog succumbed to cancer. So sad, but part of life I suppose. Today a lunchtime road run is planned.

QOTD: 141 + today, so 147-149 depending upon what I do at lunch. Low month for me, lowest in quite some time, maybe 2-3 years I believe. That's what zero days and injury will do to you. Sort of bouncing back now but not nearly 100% yet.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had a nice weekend, got in a 12- ish miler with a couple of fast guys- couldn't keep up, but pushed me. Got 10-ish miles in yesterday elk hunting- no elk but was definitely in the right area- a little snow would help immensely.

Strength train this evening.

qotd: 140 which is pretty good for me; probably another 30 or so of tough hiking/hunting

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

should mention for those unfamiliar with elk, that's a rub- from the height this was made by a big bull 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Got in a beautiful 5.6 trail miles yesterday.

QOTD 129.1 That was A 50k and a few weeks recovery so I'm happy with that . Now I have  5  weeks to turn into a speedy half marathon runner.

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: 140 which is pretty good for me; probably another 30 or so of tough hiking/hunting

Where you hike, I'd call that 170.

NHLA

6 this morning on the mt. Nice morning.

qotd  169 miles this mo. Missed two days going to DC and four days yardwork.

Birthday comming up. Thinking of getting a running watch. What do ya'll recomend? My biggest problem will be loseing signal in mts.

Sandy-2

Today's a SRD.  Although with all the Halloween candy (and perhaps an adult Halloween beverage or two) I should plan do do a few extra miles tomorrow. . .

qotd: 159, not bad considering the taper and recovery periods (including a 0 week) before/after my long jaunt the 2nd week.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

should mention for those unfamiliar with elk, that's a rub- from the height this was made by a big bull 

I'm thinking most of the bugling should be over since rifle season has started. My dad killed one over near Helena a few years ago with his bow. He said it was like calling up a 1000 pound turkey. He bugled all the way in and gave him a broadside shot at 40 yards, a 5X5. That has to be the thrill of a lifetime. Good luck.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ that sounds like a thrill of a lifetime!     I've thought about taking up archery hunting; maybe one of these days- it's not anything you take up nonchalantly; it's an all in sport

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √