Trailer Trash

Beer me up Scotty - It's Fridailies! (Read 22 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sandy - That pic is too level and clear for you to be buzzed.  Sounds like a great trip!

Daydreamer - I love the old lever action rifles.  Even though it's new, I got a Browning BLR 81 .308 just because it's so pretty.  Back in the day my second deer rifle was a re-built M1903 Springfield 30-06.  It wasn't mine, but I wish I had it.  The owner refurbished it and built a new stock by hand.

4 easy on tap for me for tonight.

QOTD:  Speaking of tap and a tipsy Sandy, not what's your favorite beer question, but do you change what beer (or any other imbibery) you drink based on season?  If so, what to what?

I've been drinking predominately Guinness over the winter (nice, hearty, but not too many calories and alcohol), but with spring arriving, I'm not sure what to switch to.  I love IPA's (Dogfish Head 60 minute), but it's heavy in both calories and alcohol, and with races coming up, I shouldn't be hitting it that hard.  So I'm in a conundrum.  Guess it's a nice first world problem to have.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  The snow is melting and we're forecast to break 60 degrees this weekend!  Spring, she has arrived.  Finally.  Now my trails need to dry out.

QOTD: Well, my drinking is maxed out at about a drink or two per month these days, but yes, definitely.  Red wine is a winter thing for me.  I couldn't drink a light beer in January, but if you offered me one in July, I probably wouldn't turn it down.  I had a Pilsner over vacation because it just tasted like spring.  IPAs tend to be my go to, so I don't associate them with a certain time of year.  Whiskey is good across all seasons!

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Not sure why, but I ran on the towpath last night (SRT, Schuylkill River Trail). I just did not feel up to running loops on the local trail. Egad, that was an eye opener in terms of my current fitness or lack thereof, at least in terms of pace. No hiding on a flat level cinder surface. The truth comes out. The plan was to do 6 or 7 out back, but ran into a little issue at the old railroad bridge over the Schuylkill River. Trail was closed there and blocked by some heavy equipment that is clearing a logjam underneath the bridge. So had to turn around there, and run another short out/back to get 6 miles. It was cold and windy again, still cap and glove season.

Image result for schuylkill river logjam douglassville

Need to do planet of fitness routine today at lunch, plus perhaps short run after work with the Lady out by the lake.

QOTD: Nope, don't really change beers based on the season, though I am inclined from time to time to pick up a pilsner or saison in the spring/summer. Summer means more time spent lounging on the back deck with a pint or two. I had some practice last Saturday when we has that brief spell of 80 degree weather.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 4.5 miles in with Tiny E- trails are slowly being cleared of snow and ice, temps will get close to 60 today so should further that along

DW is taking the day off so she'll take Tiny E out sometime today, bringing my running stuff to work and will hit the trails from there- 5-ish is the plan

qotd: I was a long time Pilsner fan, but the hoppy taste of IPA's grows on you and that's what I'm exclusively drinking now- our Costco now carries Red Lodge (Red Lodge, Montana) IPA in bottles by the case so that's been go to; we also have a good one out of MIssoula- Draught Works Scepter Head that I will pick up occasionally- no seasonality for me 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Extensor tendonitis is my new injury of the month. This has been bothering me for awhile but really aggravated by a couple pairs of shoes in my rotation that I just put into a box and buried in the closet. Maybe bring them back out once it totally clears up to try again or just dumpster them. I went thru my first 30 years of running virtually injury free but the last 7-8 years have been one thing after another. Could be an age issue perhaps?? Nah...  Doing a lot of stretches and strengthening stuff.  Anyway planning on a long run this morning on roads as our trails are now pretty soupy. Grab my pups when I'm done and head north. Still a crap load of snow up there but like Mandy said, I do think spring is in the air. Finally. The 2nd snowiest April on record and the coldest in over a hundred years.

QOTD--My beer category is year round. Wheat beers, hefeweizens, belgian whites, etc. Don't have the bitter gene or have it. Whichever it is but I can't do IPA's. Otherwise an occasional whiskey related concoction like bourbon old fashioneds.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ I’d drink another Spotted Cow (or two, maybe even three) if you bring some 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

^ I’d drink another Spotted Cow (or two, maybe even three) if you bring some 

You need him to bring you a Moon Man or Scream IIPA.  Much better than Spotted Cow.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ are you listening Al?  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Rest day

• QOTD: My favorite kind of beer is free and drink it anytime I can find it. Other than that I like IPA's , oatmeals,  wheats, stouts, I enjoy just about any kind except fruity beers 
                    LB2

Just an easy two miles this morning. Today was the first run of the week. Last week, I covered a lot of miles on foot on our Oklahoma hunting trip. We had lots of action, but we failed to kill a gobbler in OK. I had an opportunity, but I would  have probably blown my friend's eardrums out because my muzzle was about six inches from his ear. He was supposed to shoot, but he couldn't see the turkey because of a tree. Another time, I had an "iffy" shot at one, but I didn't take it, thinking we would be back there the next day. However, we left for another place and the weather went to crap. Overall, it was a great trip. Plus, I killed on on our opening day, the morning before we went to Oklahoma. So, I really didn't care that much if I got one or not.

QOTD: I prefer IPA's, and I like bourbon.

LB2

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Rest day

• QOTD: My favorite kind of beer is free and drink it anytime I can find it. Other than that I like IPA's , oatmeals,  wheats, stouts, I enjoy just about any kind except fruity beers 

IPA's will always be my go-to beer, but last summer I started drinking Schofferhofer Heifeweizen grapefruit beer.  Doesn't taste like beer at all, but a great refresher when sweating boatloads doing yard work.  And yes, free beer is always the best beer!

3/17 - NYC Half

Prince of Fatness

Did I hear beer being mentioned?  I definitely switch things up depending on the season. Colder months are for heavier bodied stuff and warmer months are for lighter bodied stuff. Lots of different styles out there to fit both bills.

And to stick with the theme of these forums, tomorrow I will be running here.

Not at it at all. 

Gator eye

Mmmm nice.... can I go?

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Nice pic!  And now I know MrFinn's magic word. 

Did I hear beer being mentioned?  I definitely switch things up depending on the season. Colder months are for heavier bodied stuff and warmer months are for lighter bodied stuff. Lots of different styles out there to fit both bills.

And to stick with the theme of these forums, tomorrow I will be running here.

3/17 - NYC Half

Gator eye

Lol now I'm getting pop up adds for craft beer