Trailer Trash

Fast Fridaily (Read 14 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was not fest this morning but I did sneak in 6.1 early miles just ahead of DW.  She has a big turkey trot coming up on Thursday.  I am proud of her.

QOTD1: Would you rather be a faster runner or a faster reader?

For me, definitely reader.  I would love to be able to read faster and absorb the info.  Currently as I work on my dissertation, I read a lot although it really is like skimming through the research.  What I wouldn't give to read fast and learn quickly.

QOTD2: Weekend plans?

Me - nothing special.

Have a great weekend everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Quick 2.5 this morning. My interest is momentarily waning with the holidays coming up. I'll keep it on track, but I'm really starting to get interested in deer/hog hunting this fall.

QOTD 1: I'd rather be a fast runner. I read fast enough if it is something in which I am interested.

QOTD 2: I may run in the morning, but I will spend most of the weekend trying to kill a deer or a hog, most likely a hog. I checked a spot on my way to work this morning, and I have never seen as much sign as I did on that spot this morning. These hogs have absolutely ravaged the field. So, I hope my father in law and I can take a couple off of it this weekend. It is supposed to get pretty chilly, too. We should have some luck. I haven't deer or hog hunted in many years. The last hog I killed was up there, and I actually killed two hogs with one shot with a bow and arrow. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of what happened until the next day. I recovered the biggest hog and noticed I couldn't find my arrow. I figured it was just hidden by brush. My dad went back to the spot the next day to see if he could find it; he picked up a blood trail, and found the other pig about 40 yards down in the woods with the arrow still in it. I was focused on the big one I shot and didn't realize it had hit another one when it exited.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

No run planned for today, but the weather is beautiful so maybe sneak one in later.

Jamie - awesome about DW running.  Hope she enjoys the race.

QOTD:  I'm a very fast reader, so I'd pick being a faster runner.

QOTD: 2 - DW is the RD for a small race at her retirement community. 35 or so residents and staff.  She's been doing a couch to 5k program with them for weeks.  I'm the timer for the race and I downloaded an app to help out.  Might take over an hour for some of the 80 yo's to walk the 5k.  After that going for a run, and on Sunday long run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

15 miles this morning.  It was like a summer day, low 70's and humid.  Nothing fast for me lately.

qotd1: a fast reader, I have to answer so many emails at work I'd be good if I could get thru them quicker.

qotd2: Flying to London later today so Fri night and Sat will disappear. Then I'll visit some friends there Sat night, run on Sun morning and then take in a museum in the afternoon. Then meetings Mon thru Wed.

tbd.

NHLA

6 miles this morning. Smoke all around us.

qotd  faster runner

qotd2  trail running and yardwork

Daydreamer1

Probably head out for about 4-5 miles. Another easy jog and walk. Hip is still bothering me. The weather is too nice to waste inside on the trainer.

Just got good news from DD. It sounds like she was able to move up the ladder at work. She had taken a job working in the kitchen at a hospital just to get her foot in the door.  Now she'll move to helping people order their food and coordinating the delivery of the meals or something like that.  Hmmmmmm........Since she still lives in my apartment maybe I can start charging her rent now .

LB2 - Happy hog hunting. Always wanted to hunt some. We have  a few pockets of them around up here but not too much. Game commission has a unrestricted status on them.  Shoot on sight with no license needed or restrictions on semi-auto guns.  Do you find them to be good eating or are they tough?

QOTD 1: Faster runner. I've always been a fast reader with above average reading comprehension. Opppsite of my running. In that department I think I'll always be a slow plodder. I would, however, like to be able to type faster then a snails pace.

QOTD 2:  It's my weekend to work so it will be work, work and more work. Three days in a row. Maybe I'll be able to get in a run everyday though.

LB2

LB2 - Happy hog hunting. Always wanted to hunt some. We have  a few pockets of them around up here but not too much. Game commission has a unrestricted status on them.  Shoot on sight with no license needed or restrictions on semi-auto guns.  Do you find them to be good eating or are they tough?

They are okay. But, we are pretty anal about how we process meat; my dad ran a butcher shop for 30+ years. How you handle the meat immediately after recovery is important. Mainly, we mix it with deer and make sausage. I have never found them to be tough, though. Sometimes, they can be a little gamey. But we quarter them and put them on ice for at least a few days, draining the ice chest daily.

Also, they are pretty well unrestricted here, too. You can hunt them at night. I don't think you even need a hunting license. You can kill as many as you want.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was not fast but I was fest Jamie.  Caught myself singing "it's starting to look a lot like Christmas" this morning. (festival)     I ran a completely uninspiring 4.4 this morning...dogs loved it.

QOTD:  Runner!!

QOTD2:  Suppose to rain all weekend so guessing indoors chores. Bring the ladder inside and clean everything high.   Maybe movie and lunch one day.  Need to get a long run in there.

AT:  An hour for a 5K for an 80 year old beginner...you're very optimistic.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nothing today, have to work late.

qotd: fast runner   

qotd2: elk hunting, if I don't get an elk it won't be for lack of trying 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √