Trailer Trash

Tumultuous Tuesdaily (Read 24 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's coming! The rain is coming (to the northeast at least).  We have had it dry for a long time but we're about to get dumped on through the week.  Last night I got in 4 miles at the gym followed by some stairs o death and a light upper body workout.

QOTD: Are you more fight or are you more flight??

Me...definitely flight.  I do not like conflict.  I have a tendency to try and stay in a comfort zone.  Occasionally though I let things build and can explode.  Fortunately it's not been in any situation that got me in any serious trouble.

Have a great day!

Edit: And welcome OBmedic.  Where in PA did you used to live?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Back from vacation where I got in several 5-8 mile runs all on asphalt or on the boardwalk.  Took the time to push the pace all week and felt like I had used muscles that I haven't in a long while. Now happy to be back home and back to the woods.

8 trail miles this morning in the steamy fog and spiderwebs.  Thunderstorms are on the way and rain for a few days.

Shout out to my good friend, Laurie, who ran 135.11 miles at North Coast 24 hour last week. She easily made the qualifying standard for the 2017 US National Team. She'll turn 50 in a few weeks. I think Charles was there running as well, so maybe he saw all 4'10" of her running by.

Welcome, OB.

QOTD: The Irish in me makes me want to fight, but I usually try to compromise and avoid any altercations.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Planning on heading out in a few minutes for a 4.5 mile run. I'm going to try to work on my speed and this will be the course that I use to measure my progress. I want to hit 32 minutes on it, probably around 38 minutes right now so I have some work to do.  I challenged  DS to see who can get to the 32 minute mark first. I'm betting I will simply because I'll work harder.

Blarg - "Ah, DD, good luck! Those kind of projects are gratifying when they're done, but have a tendency to balloon once you get into them"..

Those words cursed me .  Last night I found the rust on the Pickup is worse than I thought. Now I need at least two cab mounts. Can't buy 'em, gotta fabricate 'em.  Oh well, I might just have to buy a welder now. But it's all good, nothing like buying more toys .

QOTD: It all depends. I'd rather make love than war. But if I switch to war watch out .  REcently DS has had quite the saga with his car and a warranty company. It blew up on Aug 7th and it's still not fixed. Last Friday I finally blew up so now some progress is being made. My problem is that in personal and business life I let things go too long because I don't like fighting.  At the same time when I'm at work I tend to take charge of bad situations very quickly, especially on the street with bad characters.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7 miles in the fog, at warm temperatures. Not exactly the weather I like, it felt like in a steam chamber. Luckily got home before the sun could send a few rays through the clouds.

Not looking forward to the rain.

QOTD: My first impulse is usually rather fight than flight, but it really depends on the situation. In physical danger, I rather flee first and fight only if I have no other options. In arguments, I try to be reasonable and work things out, but at times, I am just stubborn and won't back down when I know I'm right.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Cannot wait for the rain-- very humid outside, so much I'm thinking of another treadmill run at the gym.  We'll see how this turns out, but probably running soon, or at the gym, not in the rain since it will likely include lightning.

Jamie- thanks for starting us off, second day in a row.

AT- welcome back.

DD--  Do you really need a reason to buy new tools?

FYTC- day off?

qotd:  Fight.  I don't see conflict as a negative, usually, more an opportunity to exchange ideas and perspectives with the truth or solution lying somewhere in between. I like hearing (and learning) different perspectives and I don't usually feel threatened or uncertain about my own.  Now, if we're talking physical or dangerous fights, I'm a weakling and I also don't see the point, so I'll run.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got up and planned to run up and down the mean streets of Country Club Dr....but jumped in the car a got to my old stomping grounds asycamore Canyon....it was dark but didn't last long.  One other car there.   It was a nice  4 mile run.

QOTD: I happen to be taking a class right now on the crucial conversation but I'm a flight person.  Maybe it's time for a change.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

7.6 miles  Champion Hills  Still raining over 8"so far. Building an ark.

qotd   Fight if they would stop running away.  I got a reputation.  A friend told everyone I was an undercover SBI agent. I have friends in the SBI so it was believable..  DD came home from school and ask Daddy are you in the SBI? That was 15 years ago and the lie has gone on.

AT-runner

Tim

Those words cursed me .  Last night I found the rust on the Pickup is worse than I thought. Now I need at least two cab mounts. Can't buy 'em, gotta fabricate 'em.  Oh well, I might just have to buy a welder now. But it's all good, nothing like buying more toys .

That's what I always say about woodworking. Now I have a shop full of toys tools.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Going to give me hill repeats of death a go this evening; hoping I won't crash and burn like I did last week- knee/leg is pretty closed to healed, elbow/arm still very tender

qotd: probably a character flaw, but fight- it's gotten me into trouble when I simply should have walked away

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Trying for a ride today .... run tomorrow. Did some strength/core this am.

QOTD: Depends, sometimes I shy away from confrontation and sometimes I sure don't.

XtremeTaper

Good rainy afternoon all. Just had a downpour here.. more to come they say.

Last night, a sloggy 6 on the trail of Warwick park with 2 nice stream crossings of the French Creek. Picked it up the last 1.5 miles sort of tempo pace to get under an hour for the loop. A little game I play sometimes on easy run. Pick it up the end. Today, I did a mixed surface run at lunchtime from the house. Climbed the big hill outside our neighbor hood and took the rutted dirt road over to the newly opened Sprogel's run trail head. I did an out/back on that trail for 3-4 miles, then ran back home. I guess 6.5 miles. The new trail is mostly a rolling cinder/gravel trail but there is some dirt and short loop of single track in the mix.

QOTD: Fight for the most part, though I might look for a peaceful way out or get my revenge later.

OBMedic - Saw your post yesterday. Welcome. I am local to Pretzel City Race scene. Maybe our paths have crossed before. I ran Labor Pains on 2011, 2012, and usually a few of their shorter races during the year.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

OBmedic: Welcome! Looking forward to reading more from you.

I know what you're talking about with the longer ascents. Seems here in central PA, we have the lowest mountains (=hills), and everywhere you go, north or south, the uphills are much, much longer.

For your "flat" 50-miler, I'm also recommending training for the miles. "Flat" is a challenge just the same as "hilly" is, only in a different way. 

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

7 on the home trails in a not-so-chilly rainstorm. pretty great, and just a little tightness in the problem areas.

DD, that's rough! If I really do have the power to curse vehicles, my enemies are in for a terrible winter.

qotd: Flight... which makes rare true fight situations pretty apocalyptic. I am working on balance: melee, advance, melee, retreat

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Stay dry all you east coasters (yeah I still read the CNN website.)

qotd: I tend to take flight, but I can and do fight on occasion.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

OBMedic

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! The rain finally broke here and I saw a couple patches of blue sky for the first time in 4 days. Got in 4 miles on Forest Service roads while the rain held off for a little bit. The power was out here for most of the day today but it's finally back and all is well again. I also officially signed up for the Everglades Ultras 50M yesterday so I have a little bit more motivation to stick to my training now.

Mr. Jamie: Thanks, I used to live just across the river from Harrisburg. My parents still live in the area and I'm up there occasionally.

XtremeTaper- I used to run 2 or 3 of their shorter races a year and ran Labor Pains in 2014. I was going to run it again this year but ended up moving to NC.

FTYC- That's exactly it, I've had to get used to grinding it out on much longer inclines around here. I definitely am planning on putting in the miles as well, I'm just hoping that going from the mountains to a relatively flat course will help my legs feel stronger come race day.

QOTD: It mostly depends on the situation. I'm a fairly easy going guy so a lot of stuff doesn't get to me. So if it's a situation where apathy would apply then that would probably be the response. But if it's a direct confrontation I'm definitely all for escalation of force and violence of action.

Upcoming Races

Nutcracker 12 hour- 12/15/15 (Depending on Work Schedule)

Everglades Ultras 50M- 2/20/16

Black Mountain Monster 24 hour- May 2016

www.alwaysmoretogive.com