Trailer Trash

Fun Fridaily (Read 232 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Day 3 of DH in hospital care, and the house feels so quiet. I'll probably go for an early visit, and run later. I'm planning on some mountain miles, should be fun.

QOTD: When you work out in the morning before work, what time do you have to be back from your run?

Me: I don't work outside the house, but take care of everybody in the morning. So I'll have to be back by 6:30 a.m., which makes running in the morning a rare occasion. I like it in the summer, though, starting at 5 or 5:30.

Have a gorgeous day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Good morning Couch. I hope your DH is recovering well.

No running for me today but I plan to go for a walk or hike later. Today is all about relaxing, eating and getting ready for tomorrow.

QOTD: I don't have to be back from my morning run at a specific time. It doesn't matter when I come into work but I try to give my boss a heads up when I plan to run long in the morning so he can plan his day around my workout. 

Couch-Enjoy your run later.

Lace-Good luck at your race this weekend...By the way I am thinking about the FebApple 50. How was that race?

Fridays are my SRD each week. Probably get some yoga in after work.

QOTD: I work full time for the Army National Guard so I actually get an hour to workout 3 days a week. I get to work  early at 6:30 to run and have to be at my desk around 8:00. Pretty sweet deal.

TGIF

Little over an hour run this morning. Why yes, there was falling snow.

Faster: Hope your husband recovers quickly. In the meantime, enjoy the quiet.

lace_up: Enjoy the pre-race preparation!

tm: Have good rest and/or yoga!

QOTD: I work at home. I don't have a time I have to be back, but I do usually wait until my husband and son are off to school before I go out. So I rarely go out before 8:30. Lately I've been waiting for the sun, so usually don't get out until after 10. 

Occasional Runner

Lace-Good luck at your race this weekend...By the way I am thinking about the FebApple 50. How was that race?

It's a good event. The trails are pretty rocky in some areas but not overly technical. There's a fair amount of elevation change with a few really steep hills mixed in but they're short climbs. The race favored my strengths and I did really well there, placing 3rd overall and I took home the "Bronze Apple". 

Here's my race report...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2012/02/febapple-frozen-ass-50.html

Trail Monster

FTYC, how long does DH have to stay in the hospital?

lace_up, have a nice hike!

Tmot, enjoy the rest.

Majope, have a good one!

Rest day for me so Ill probably be walking/hiking later and lifting.

QOTD: I'm laid off right now which has been excellent for my running. I run when it's easiest or when I feel like it and take naps, eat real food, and stretch/roll/strength train. Hopefully I won't get called back until February or March so I can really train well all winter.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

sugnim

Good morning.

Yoga for runners class last night.  Tonight I have a 5K race called Light the Way that will be on a path illuminated by candles and xmas lights.  At the finish, there will be a band & choir performing near a bonfire, hot chocolate, hot toddies, and cookies.  I love this race!

QOTD:  I've only ever run in the morning before work a few times  I was always late & ended up not feeling very well for the rest of the day.  If I were going to do it right, and take care of myself as well as get to work on time, I'd probably have to be back at the house by 6:00.  However, I currently get out of bed at 6:30, so it works better for me to run in the evenings on weekdays.

FTYC: I hope your DH is better and can go home soon.

lace_up: it sounds like you have a great day planned.  Enjoy, and best of luck to you on your race!

majope:  Snow runs are fantastic!

Tmotmo44: Sounds interesting--what is your job with the Guard?

Good morning.

Yoga for runners class last night.  Tonight I have a 5K race called Light the Way that will be on a path illuminated by candles and xmas lights.  At the finish, there will be a band & choir performing near a bonfire, hot chocolate, hot toddies, and cookies.  I love this race!

QOTD:  I've only ever run in the morning before work a few times  I was always late & ended up not feeling very well for the rest of the day.  If I were going to do it right, and take care of myself as well as get to work on time, I'd probably have to be back at the house by 6:00.  However, I currently get out of bed at 6:30, so it works better for me to run in the evenings on weekdays.

FTYC: I hope your DH is better and can go home soon.

lace_up: it sounds like you have a great day planned.  Enjoy, and best of luck to you on your race!

majope:  Snow runs are fantastic!

Tmotmo44: Sounds interesting--what is your job with the Guard?

On the military side I am a CPT Finance Officer. Full-time I work for them as a civillian doing the budget/accounting for the state. Pretty lame...but working for the government isn't so bad.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Banshee, he is supposed to go home on Sunday.

Kelly, Tmo: Great jobs!

Banshee: The layoff is temporary/seasonal?

majope: Late sunrise! When I worked in Northern Germany, the sun rose around 9 in the morning in late November, and that was late enough for my taste!

sugnim: The race sounds like a lot of fun! At times, I have also had the problem of not feeling so great after a morning workout. Don't know what the reason is, perhaps lack of nutrients for the calories burned in the night and the morning? I tend to recover better when I move around and don't have to sit still at a desk.

Run for fun.

Morning everyone!

I can't wait until this week is over.  It was already going to be super busy, but having to take a day off due to being sick really threw a wrench into things.  (Fortunately I'm fine now; it appears it was just some sort of 24-hour bug).  I've decided this will be the last time I run a 100-miler early in the year; training through the holidays sucks!

I was able to get in almost 7 miles yesterday; I'm hoping to get in 5 today but need to finish up making cookies for a client (and I'm cooking for another client as well).  Ideally I'll get them in before I head off to their house, but we'll see.  Since this week has been so light with mileage I'm going to have to get in 15-20 on Sunday, the day after a 50K.  But that's just what I need!

qotd: I like to get to my clients' houses by 10:30 or 11 a.m., so that means I need to be finished up with my runs by 9-9:30 (gives me time to shower, get my stuff together and head to the store before arriving at their place).  And unlike sugnim, I typically feel great after going for a morning run!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

NorthernHarrier

The discipline some of you have to get out early before work etc. is amazing. Not me. I'm in at work shortly after 7:00A.M everyday and I have no desire to get up THAT early to run. But I am lucky as my days are usually flexible enough where I can get out to nearby trails at some point.

So today I hope to be doing some tempo work on my measured trail around lunch then heading home, grab a dog(Cloe) gear, and heading north.

Couch--DH in for 3 days so far. Poor guy.

Lace_up-enjoy Chatanooga. Nice flat country. LOL!

Sugnim/ Tm--enjoy your yoga. I should start that again.

EDRW--Yes it is almost the end. YAY!

Everyone else have a great day and weekend.

Trail Monster

FTYC, yep. I usually get laid off for a couple months summer and winter. Our busy seasons are spring and fall so I get more than enough hours about 7-8 months out of the year and enjoy the breaks when they come. I still get called up occasionally when work pops up in the off season so I'm hoping there's nothing big coming for a month or two.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Birdwell

Morning all! I'm skipping straight to the QOTD 

I try to be done with my work out by 6:30 a.m. We have a rotating call schedule that affects me at least once each week

For instance, this morning, I woke up at 5 and got ready to head out the door for an easy 5 miler in the rain/snow. As I put my hand on the front doorknob to head out, my work phone rang, and I had to scrap my morning plans, and head to work. 

I hope to get in 4 or 5 miles after work today, but we'll have to see how it goes. I may simply add today's miles to my long run tomorrow. 

I look with great hope for the day I no longer have to be on the call schedule. 

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Got out for 7.6 miles this morning.  Stuck to the roads to give my calves a break.

QOTD - I am the boss, so really it doesn't matter when I get in to my office in the morning.  Most days I'm there by 8:30 though.  So, when I go run in the morning I try to be back by 7 or 7:30 to give me time to shower and change.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Ultra Cowboy

Last night while DD2 was getting Basketball Pictures, with practice after, I did a Tempo run. Broke a 7:00 minute mile on the downhill.  That is a first for me...Ended up with 6.5 miles I'd only planned on 5 tops.  It was cold and clear with Stars Shining bright...Feeling good....

Tonight while she is at her Blacklight dance I'll get an easy 4 miles in. 

Because the kids have evening activities in town I seldom do morning runs.  If I were to run in the am I need to walk in the door by quarter to seven to shower.  On the road by 7:25

WYBMADIITY

Save