Trailer Trash

Fun Fridaily (Read 232 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I think it is a pretty lame one...and after reading some of your RR I know you will think so too.

It is the Inaugural C&O Canal 100 (because running straight for 10 miles just wasn't fun enough).

I'm a sissy and wanted a relatively flat / easy to coordinate first 100. The real test comes at Oil Creek. After reading your RR of that I really want to run that one next October.

Have you ever run long on the Towpath? It may be flat, but this presents a challenge of its own.

BTDI (been there, done it) - not 100 miles, but 27.

No 100 miles are easy, but I sometimes think the change of scenery that some hilly course provides is much easier on the mental side of the race.

Run for fun.

runfastandie

Hello Trailers!!!

Scheduled cookie baking day for me!

Slipping in between oven beeps.

I have my first 50K tomorrow!  Little nervous. Published cut off said 8 hours then I get an email late last night saying there is a 2:15 and 3:30 cutoff at 2 different aide stations.  I'm trying to keep positive but it will be pretty cold conditions (hard on my lungs).

I'm going to bring my entire wardrobe to the start and see if I can't grill other runners on the terrain/canopy. 

Also waiting to see if the curse of Eve will be joining me on the race. If so- I have to bring my pack- otherwise I'll be able to use my handheld. 

Way too many variables for me to feel like I can rest easy and be "ready".

Love reading what everyone is up to! Sorry I can't comment on it all.   Can't wait to be immobile on Sunday and read all the race reports!

Good luck racers- end the year strong!!!

Andie

XtremeTaper

Nice day today. Took LadyB out to French Creek and we did the hardcore 8 mile loop. That would be the one with the biggest hills and rockiest sections. The Mill Creek loop as it's called. Decent run. My hip/back prefers the trails. A bit tight when I finished but no big whoop. We nearly had the place to ourselves except we did run into 2 mountain bikers taking a breather so we stopped and chatted and since they were staring at a map I gave them some pointers about where they were at. They were sort of complaining about the uphills but based on where I met them and where they came from there trip had been mostly downhill so far. I told them it was mostly uphill on the way back! 

:evil: :laugh:

QOTD:  I am not normally a morning worker outer. But if I was, 8-8:30am I'd have to be back. COuld possibly push it til' 9am.

In dog beers, I've only had one.