Trailer Trash

Sweaty Sundailies (Read 32 times)

Marley and I had a nice but sticky 6 mile trail run.  There were a lot of bikes and runners out today.  I got several complements on how well behaved Marley was.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

I am not sure what I will run today. I ran my very first 20 miler yesterday and the top of my right foot hurts. I am not sure what the problem is...I just don't want to develop a stress fracture. Overall my 20 miler was awesome...except the last 3.8 on the road from getting lost.

Sandy: sorry about the drop...but happy you were able to give it a try. Looking forward to your RR.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 7ish late last night.

Sandy- Congrats on a hard fought effort at hardrock.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a tough 19 miles this morning (5500' of gain), started at 6:00 AM, by 10:00 AM it was closing in on 80 degrees Sad

a few pics from our weekend backpacking trip into Hidden Lake w/ DW and grandson

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

Hi all, I normally hang out in L&O but don't post often.  I think I will start posting here since most of my miles on the dirtier side if things.

I did a quick 5 mile loop on the paved bike path today to recover from yesterday's climbs on the trails.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Warden: looks like an adventurous weekend! The little guy looks like a backpacker pro.

I ran 10 miles last night, picking the roughest-toughest trails in the area, steep, rocky, rooty, technical, with scree and boulders. Now running these in the daylight is one thing. Running trails in the night is another. But running these trails is a whole different experience. A 40% downhill on scree looks like a chute into nowhere in the light of the headlamp. I got a bit lost crossing a boulder field an then going cross-country through the woods, I just couldn't find the connecting trail in the darkness, but then I followed a different trail that I recognized, until I came to the right trail again.

When I was on the ridge, I could see the town in the distance, and just then, the fireworks from the arts festvial started. I watched for a few minutes, but then had to plow on, as I was already late to meet DH to pick me up at the trailhead. So I threw myself into the downhill "chute", still peeking at the fireworks every now and then, hoping I would not trip .

All went well, and I ended up doing 3400'. Legs today are neither sore nor tired, so I'll do that same route a couple times next time, hoping to get in 25 or 30 miles with roughly 8500 to 11,000 ft elevation gain.

Run for fun.

Birdwell

Welcome dirtrnr!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi all, I normally hang out in L&O but don't post often.  I think I will start posting here since most of my miles on the dirtier side if things.

I did a quick 5 mile loop on the paved bike path today to recover from yesterday's climbs on the trails.

Hiya Dirtrnr!

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

I had a very comfortable and enjoyable run at the Leadville 50. I was 20 minutes slower than my fastest time, but I wasn't there to race. It was a solid training run and I had a blast! I've been in a bit of a slump and I needed this race to get back to where I needed to be mentally. It was a good day.

Birdwell

I had a very comfortable and enjoyable run at the Leadville 50. I was 20 minutes slower than my fastest time, but I wasn't there to race. It was a solid training run and I had a blast! I've been in a bit of a slump and I needed this race to get back to where I needed to be mentally. It was a good day.

Good job!

Watoni

Nice, Lace! I really enjoyed that run last year whenever I could breathe Wink