Trailer Trash

Spring pics Friday (Read 23 times)

runtraildc

6 sunny and warm miles last night.

qotd: And building on yesterday's topic, here are some pics from yesterday. As you can see, the bluebells are still going strong here. This trail system has a 'neighbor' who comes in and erects rope crossings using old climbing rope and downed trees. They are relatively temporary-- sometimes lasting years, some just a few days. This particular crossing had another bridge right next to it, just a few days ago, upstream. I think our heavy rains last week washed that very large tree downstream. Thankfully this one survived.

XtremeTaper

Some light rain here today but I will get out this evening for some sloppy miles out by the lake. Plan for the weekend is to get the pool cover off and cleaned and move some mulch along with a few short runs.

Runtrail - Your photo reminds me a bit of Bull Run Run.

QOTD: Not a recent photo, but there is a section at French Creek Park that has Lady Slipper Orchids pop up every spring. I will need to get out there soon. Maybe this weekend.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing planned for today.

Saw "Death of Stalin" last night. It was a dark comedy. Pretty good.

DC - is that along Rock Creek? Looks nice. No bluebells here yet, but should be soon.

QOTD:  Picture of DW from Longwood Gardens from 2017. We're heading there Tuesday to see the Tulips.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with my wife and Tiny E yesterday- upper 60’s felt HOT!

similar plan this evening

wildflowers still rather sparse, some Pasque flowers on the verge of blooming, a couple more days of warm weather and we’ll be seeing more crocus along with Shooting Stars, Yellow Bells and variety of Phlox

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Northwest Branch, near your old neighborhood. Just down the hill from Springbrook High School. There's been a lot of erosion over the years and the picture of the bank -- that washed away just this past week.

XT- had to do a double take on your picture  to catch the springer. Nice shot.

DC - is that along Rock Creek? Looks nice. No bluebells here yet, but should be soon.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sue - I love the bright green leaves on the big trees.  We have maples, and the brightness when the leaves sprout always make you smile.

runtrail - Looking nice!  Also, now I know what I can do with a few old climbing ropes that are retired.

XT - What / Who is that furry thing crossing the picture?

AT - You're not making my NF backlog any easier.  Guess I'll have to add Death to Stalin to the list.

warden - 60's?  Sounds like summertime for you.

7 on trail planned for tonight.  Part of this trail crosses by residential areas, so I've been passing a young pot smoker every now and then hanging out on the trail.  Guess I'll add that to the spring list.

QOTD:  This was a couple weeks ago when DW and I walked through a neighborhood community garden...

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Northwest Branch, near your old neighborhood. Just down the hill from Springbrook High School. There's been a lot of erosion over the years and the picture of the bank -- that washed away just this past week.

XT- had to do a double take on your picture  to catch the springer. Nice shot.

WOW - the bank threw me off. Looks lie sections of Rock Creek with all of that brown dirt showing.

Bert - Death of Stalin is in the theaters. We try to catch a movie out every week or so.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert - Death of Stalin is in the theaters. We try to catch a movie out every week or so.

Ah, ok.  Guess I'll have to make it a date night with DW. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran almost 7 with the group this morning...we dropped at least 10 degrees so a nice crisp 43 and sunny.  Alsome way to start the day.

XT:  Caught two ladies in that picture.

AT:  The prettiest flower is that red one up front. 

Berto:  I read that you were passing a young pot smoker and than "You" were hanging out. 

Flowers in my yard after returning from our run..the pink tree in the back is a dogwood which I saw many on our run this morning in the woods.  Although I have only seen white ones.  Azaleas in front of the picture.

Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, sky, outdoor and nature

Flowers from the coast...there were many more beautiful flowers but I did not take pictures.

Image may contain: plant, tree, sky, outdoor and nature

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No real spring pictures, just this little guy near DS's school on my run a few days ago.

Lots of groundhogs out and about now.

3.5 miles in the wind and the sun today. Glad I ran when it was nice outside, right now there's a fierce thunderstorm going on (cold front moving through), and I just read that next week we might see some snow showers again. And I thought it was May 1st coming, not April 1st?

traildc, AT: I also thought it was Rock Creek. I like that idea with the temporary bridges.

taper: The Ladyslipper Orchids pop up only every so many years in Rothrock State Forest, where I often run. There are two spots that I check every year, but the flowers are there only some years, not others. And then only one or two or three, never more.

AT: Nice picture! Looks like the Dutch tulip fields.

warden: Flowers, nice change from the snow!

Berto: Looks like spring!

Queen: I think I live in the wrong place.

Run for fun.

SRD today, LR tomorrow.

Queen, that last pic is Ichium.  They're all over the NorCal coast.  Bees and hummingbirds love it.

XT, I love wild orchids but they don't really grow around here, sadly.

AT, beautiful tulips (and DW).

QOTD: Love seeing all the green and blooming things.  Here, it's spring if the hills are green.  They'll be brown shortly, as our rain seems to be done until next winter.  This pic was last Sunday in the Marin Headlands.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR