Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 31 times)

Sandy-2

Had a really great run this morning. First off I got my butt out early and hit the trail at about 6am. Great weather, abt 40 deg, clear sky and just a little bit of wind (well, until I got up at the top of the mtn.) for some strange reason I felt really great, legs, breathing, fueling, etc., just one of those days. Felt so good I did a little added exploring of some "new to me" trails at the northern side (far side of the mtn), looks like some good stuff up that way.

I ended up with about 20 miles I guess.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Good Morning Sandy,

heading out for work. "Breakfast with the Bunny", no, not a run (which I would prefer), so lots of kids around, and I guess it will get busy.

Hoping to get out later. Weather is cold, and we should get some snow. The never ending winter is continuing, it seems.

Enjoy the weekend, and good luck to our racers!

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  My original plan for the day was tossed early  this morning.  LIttle DS is sick, so no swim meet  for him and no 11 miles on the trails for me.  So now am heading out for a quick 6 miles with the running group and hope to get in another 5 or so this afternoon while older DS is swimming. There's a nice trail system by this pool and I want to explore more of it during breaks at this meet.  Otherwise, it is off my beaten path and I wouldn't otherwise run there.

Sandy- sounds like a great run!

FYTC- enjoy your 'breakfast'.

qotd:  I've got nothin

Gator eye

I got 12 miles in but I'm guessing Mr Jangles had well over 15 with squirrel and rabbit chasing. Temps were around 12 with light snow and sun. Weird combo but made for nice running.

Have a fun day.

NorthernHarrier

Kind of a candy-ass this morning waiting for it to warm up a little. I want to wear shorts but I don't want to freeze. Planning a long and hilly run in the Kettles. Not sure why I entered Ice Age as there is now pressure on me to be able to survive.

Still hanging tough in my bracket thing. 7 out of 8. Really need Bucky and Sparty to make the final four otherwise my retirement plans will depend on Power ball. 

DW is a chemist and according to her "alcohol is a solution." 

Daydreamer1

Just got home from work. We were up all night so it's off to bed for a few hours.  Damn winter returned here again. I knew it was supposed to get cold today but I didn't realize it was going to snow so much.  We might have had 2-3 inches in spots. There were some real blizzards going on in the middle of the night.  It's too late in the year for this garbage .

We have two local races going on today, a 5k road race and a half marathon trail race. I would have signed up for the 5k because it's only a few miles from the house but work got in the way. Now I'm kind of glad I couldn't run it.

Alcohol a solution???  Hmmm....  On further thought I have to agree with her.  Certain alcohol is a solution when I can't sleep. Tends to solve the problem .  Now I better go check the fridge to see if there's a couple bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade chillin for this evening or if DS swiped it all (Durn college kids).  If he swiped it I may just have to smack him .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a really nice 11 miles in this morning, replicated most of the Double Dip course, about 2700' of gain

getting ready for my DGS's birthday party now

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

10.2 road miles for me today.  I ran down to check out the rail to trail and it's still water logged.    My body needs the trails back.  I'm really feeling beat up from all this road running.  Plus, uh, ROAD RUNNING.  Sigh.  Soon!

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

I did it! I went for a run and it was BEAUTIFUL! The run and the weather. The sun was out, the sky was blue. I had my dog (leashed, but she still had a great time). It was only 4 miles, but wonderful anyway.

I read an inspiring story the other day. It was on RWOL, but I see it is off now. It was about an 8 year old boy who is battling brain cancer and ran 33 miles of a 50 mile race. Pretty inspiring. He has more surgery ahead of him, but because of his motivation he is up and running in 6 days after surgery. Amazing.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ great to hear!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

10 on the roads today.. cold winds out of the north. But the weather is sposed to improve by the time I hit my last LR before Boston tomorrow.

hog4life

25k race in the books at 3:20:30. This was a very technical course with lots of mud, rocks, tree roots, 2400' elevation gain. Life has been busy for me causing not much time to be online. Hopefully I'll get to start chiming in more over the next few weeks. Next weekend is a road half out in Savannah.