Trailer Trash

Must be Mondailies (Read 34 times)

Morning. Feeling tired from a lot of running this weekend and then stayed up late last night for the game. I also fell really hard on my arm during my 17 miler yesterday in mud, so I'm a little sore from that. Today is a SRD which coincides nicely with rainy weather we're having.

QOTD: January mileage?  I ran 153.5, highest since late 2013. I feel great and I'm happy to be running "high" mileage (for me) again.

sugnim

Good morning.  I shoveled the driveway & walked to work this morning.  No running for me today.

QOTD: 106.99  I really should have gotten in that last hundredth of a mile!

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Ended up watching most of the game.  Looks like the Hallmark Channel did most of the commercials this year.

T&C - Mud? Our mud must be buried under the snow, because I haven't seen any in over a month.

Groundhog - WTF, really 6 more weeks.  I love the season, but it's hard getting these long runs in with all the snow.

QOTD:  192.  If I swapped out my weekend runs, i wold have made it to 200.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning.  Been dealing with a sick puppy this weekend.  Vet visit this morning didn't shed much light, but made my wallet lighter.  I'm finally at work now, but hopefully I come home to a dog that's feeling a little better.  She's on meds now.

SRD yesterday and today due to all the snow.  I managed to run 12.8 miles on Saturday.

QOTD: 130 miles.  A minor miracle.  Still waiting for Sue to get her skinny California butt in gear!

Running is dumb.

LB2

SRD today. I teach my class English class tonight, so I take Monday's off most of the time.

QOTD: I only got 102 miles in January. But I always take it really easy for a couple of months after a long race. And I will take it pretty easy until around May when I decide for certain if I will run a fall 100 miler. I just don't feel the urge to do anything but run leisurely for awhile.

LB2

T&C - Mud? Our mud must be buried under the snow, because I haven't seen any in over a month.

We have a mixture of ice, snow and mud at this point, and it seems like Philly is getting much less snow than the rest of the state.  I was fine on the snow and ice, but I hit an unexpected mud patch on the side of a hill and my right leg went right out from under me and I fell on my left side. Luckily, I didn't fall down the hill.

XtremeTaper

Mixed bag of running this weekend. Had good intentions of running the 23 mile blue marsh lake loopie on Saturday but less than a mile into the run it was clear that would not have worked out too well and would have eaten up most of the day. Just too much snow and too few travelers yet to pack it down. Just a few footsteps here and there and sometimes none at all. So we did 3 mile out n' back plus the shorter 7 mile ski slope loop for a total of 10. Yesterday, hit the trails at French Creek and other than the Buzzard's trail had excellent packed snow trail conditions. We just did 9 yesterday, but with the snow packed trail, ran a normal time for the loop.

Might take a day off today. Wet slushy snow here. Not very much, but even a road run right now would be sort of awful splashing through the cold slush. They are plowing now so if the conditions improved later maybe I'll do a few road miles and/or hit the gym tonight. I can't see myself on the TM but you never know. I do need to do weights.

QOTD: 223.5 miles for me, 174 for the Lady.

LB2 - WHy so much downtime? I understand some, but base miles always pay off and make ramping up a snap.

T&C - I am in Laurel as well this year. It will be my fifth time. Love that run. Get out to French Creek if you can. Excellent training for the course.

Mandy - Hope Bella is feeling better. Good miles.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 lunchtime miles planned.

QOTD: 84.5 wait I ran Friday 89.5!  even extreme's dog did better than me.

QOTD from yesterday:  I did and it was fun.

Mandy:  Hope Bella is better.  Earl has a nickel size hole in his leg I should probably get stitched.  Will wait a couple of days to see if it response to my treatment.  Jack gets his nuts removed tomorrow which will cost more than normal since one is missing somewhere in his body.  Thanks for the skinny bum compliant!  I am still sucking though.  Shit I am 45 miles behind you!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

5.1 miles up and down a hill.

Mandy, hope your puppy is feeling better!

Trails, hope your arm is feeling better!

QOTD I had 98.6 miles, I wanted to keep it under 100 for January so I think I succeeded!

LB2

LB2 - WHy so much downtime? I understand some, but base miles always pay off and make ramping up a snap.

Mainly because I was sick for most of December and well into January. I'll do some faster stuff leading up to a 10 mile trail race in March, which I have been meaning to do for a few years now.  My peak mileage is rarely more than 200 per month, though.

LB2

some call me Tim

SRD. I use the term 'scheduled' kind of loosely right now, though. I'd love to be back at it, but it's just not happening yet.

qotd: 133.7   There's some tapering in there, but it's really a lot less than it ought to be. It's been a tough winter for getting the miles in and getting to the gym just hasn't worked with my schedule.

Watoni

Should probably do a rest day .... I have been burning the candle at both ends work-wise and ended up feeling really dizzy on my Saturday run. Sunday was better, but I still took it pretty easy. 6 miles each day with about 1200 feet of elevation gain each day. Separate topic, but I think I am bagging my first two planned races of the year ....

QOTD: 80 or so.

moonlightrunner

Mandy: hope the pup is better. Kudos on the miles.

Queen: hope Earl is better. What happened.

Watoni: sounds like you need some rest!

AT: I am winter weary too. The prospect of 6 more weeks...not thrilling. We got 18.5 inches of snow yesterday. It makes footing better for  day or two...then it will suck.

Cross trained digging out my car and walking to buy cat litter to expedite the process. No run planned for today.

Qotd. I need to start, but I don't keep track.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Cold and sunny about sums it up for today. Did 14 miles on the snow packed roads around town. Have a nice farmer tan line on my forehead from my hat. I guess even on a cold day like today sunscreen isn't a bad idea.

I skipped the game last night. Wasn't even curious.  Started reading a book by William Kent Krueger. Pretty decent stuff.

Moonlight-- That's a big snowfall. Was CNN out there?  Did they close up the city? Gonna take awhile for that to melt. We didn't get close to that thankfully.

QOTD-- I guess the total looks like 148. Just a number. More important for me is the quality and specific workouts. I actually skipped a couple runs as I didn't want to get caught up in that needless miles and excessive pounding. Been down that road before and it didn't end well.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I don't know...either he stabbed himself somewhere in the yard or when he and Jack were playing fighting Jack nipped too hard.  Probably was the first.

Queen: hope Earl is better. What happened.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄