Trailer Trash

World Cup Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Feels like the humidity dropped a bit. Lunch time run around home. Probably have enough time for 4 miles.

Hope to hook up with Harvey Lewis tomorrow.  He should be in MD by tomorrow.  If not, then I won't have a chance on Saturday, but by that time he should be in GC's territory (and Jamie's on Sunday).

Funny picture...and it's pretty true.

QOTD:  Are you watching, or plan to watch any of the World Cup?   I've watched a few games and plan to continue watching.  I like sports, and it's filling my time while I wait for the Mongolian Open and le Tour de France. The England - Tunisia game was an exciting one.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Humidity definitely dropped here.  It was mid-80's but only 35% humidity in yesterday evening's run.  Almost felt cool.  8 on hard trails tonight, but humidity is going up to 58% according to forecast.

After a talk with DW last night, I signed up for the Forbidden Forest 30 hour race on June 30 in CT.  Then we will go to St Martin for vacation in mid-July and I will take a running break.  She really wants to see Antelope Canyon, so I may do that race next spring.

QOTD:  I haven't really followed, but I've caught a few glimpses of some matches so far.  There definitely needs to be a best actor award though!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

No run today. I stayed up late and finished a novel I have been reading, so I slept a little late. But, I should have run. I had time. We are getting ready to go on this impulsive road trip Friday morning. I'll get some mountain miles when I get to Colorado. Maybe that will motivate me to increase my mileage. Or maybe it will remind me of how bad it sucks to run down here in the Deep South. We'll see.

QOTD: Not watching it. I do have a friend who is in Moscow working at the World Cup. I don't know which network he is working for on this gig, but he called about a week ago. He said it was pretty cool being over there.

LB2

XtremeTaper

A sort of brisk 6 last night on the local trail. I left the Lady at home as I thought it was too hot for her, but the humidity must have been low as the low 80 temps felt pleasant. Sort of a tempo run but I've noticed my legs at the present time do not move me fast enough to tax my breathing very much. Strange. I will get the Lady out tonight, perhaps Birdsboro watershed for 6-8 miles.

QOTD: I saw bits and pieces of a few games this weekend, but will likely not watch any full games.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5+ last night.  Humidity level was more tolerable - although I walked out this morning and even better.  Likely no run today - hopefully something longish in the morning if I can get out of bed.

AT - I was trying to explain to my boys, who have been watching the WC thus far, about the flopping.  In the NBA, there are a few floppers but in soccer it's intensified x10.  They did not believe me until the match we were watching had a fairly egregious example.  It's actually quite comical.

QOTD: Somewhat watching but no horses in the race so I really do not care.  Interesting how well Russia is doing considering they would not have made it in if not for hosting this year.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

rain ended yesterday afternoon, Tiny E and I got a nice 4 miles in on the trails- upper 50’s and cloudy- perfect!

have that 12 hour race Friday evening, so that might be it

qotd: with the US not qualifying, much less likely to watch, that could change

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

What, you mean the humidity can actually lower? I don't believe it. We are super saturated rain- and humidity-wise at the moment.

I did end up doing 4mi on the treadmill after work yesterday, I'd rather go out and run in the heat & humidity...  I also did 10 min on the stair climber, a necessary evil.  Today I won't have time to run so I guess it's a SRD.  Getting ready for the night run with the kiddos on Saturday (or in AT terminology, Mongol Derby training for my DD.)

qotd: I've been following the results, but haven't seen any games yet. It's more fun when they get to the elimination rounds. I'll be in Hamburg next week so I guess I'll have a chance to see some then.  AT funny comic about the flopping, when I talk to my European soccer-crazy friends I always say that the flopping drives US fans crazy and that it's one reason watching soccer doesn't take off in the US.  They usually get kinda quiet for a while.

tbd.

GC100k

Hope to hook up with Harvey Lewis tomorrow.  He should be in MD by tomorrow.  If not, then I won't have a chance on Saturday, but by that time he should be in GC's territory (and Jamie's on Sunday).

He's expected to cross into Maryland tonight. He'd likely be likely coming through our valley early Saturday or very late Friday. My girls have a swim meet Saturday, so we might drive south a bit and cross paths with him Friday afternoon. We'd just walk south and say "hey" as he passes, a couple seconds of encounter, but it's an excuse to get out there for a hike.

update: crossed the bridge at Harpers Ferry at 6:19 pm.

moonlightrunner

Camping now, waiting for a friend who is running a 5 miler this evening. I'll do a 9 miler later tonight. Temps are cool, but the mosquitoes don't seem to mind.

Qotd: no. I don't like soccer.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k