Trailer Trash

Trying to Catch Up - Mondaily (Read 17 times)

Sandy-2

I was crazy busy last week and missed a lot of stuff - I need to catch up.  Then I went to Wales over the weekend so I've been out of contact for a while.  Looking forward to catching up on the RRs.

I have been running on-and-off and the hip has also on-and-off.  I did get to do a nice 13 mi hike with friends in the Brecon Beacons, I'd like to come back and do some runs there at some point.  Some photos.

tbd.

LB2

Wow!! Nice shots Sandy. Maybe that is where I get this deep yearning I have for that kind of terrain, my Welsh ancestry.

I ran a pleasant 3 miles this morning. I am starting to sort of get back into the groove of things. My only goal for the year is to have pleasant runs through the summer of 3 to 6 miles, maybe a 10 thrown in somewhere. But the key is pleasant. I have been in a constant "training" mindset since 2014, even though you couldn't tell it from my 2017 performance. Or maybe you could... Anyway, I am enjoying running again, so that is great.

QOTD: Since Sandy mentioned hiking, how much do you hike for recreation or training?

I hiked quite a bit on my hunting trip to Oklahoma this spring. I probably covered 40 miles over the course of a week, but there was a lot of sitting in between. I find that you don't have to go much further than about 500 yards off the road to get away from most other turkey hunters. In training, I will sometimes run/walk (hike) on long runs that are more than 4 hours long.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! Great pictures Sandy - absolutely gorgeous area.  I ran 5 last night in the hood.  Wasn't great but not terrible either.  Finally got to mow yesterday after a ton of rain the last week.  part of our back yard is a swamp so have to wait to mow that area.  Our yard sale on Saturday sucked. It was raining all morning.  A few die-hards were out though.  School is soon coming to an end which is really hard to believe.  Kids are excited for summer.

QOTD: On longer trail runs, I hike plenty.  Some of it is purposeful and sometimes I just need to stop and enjoy the surroundings.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my final tuneup yesterday, 20-ish miles- about 12 on snowshoes. lots of snow which makes going slow and navigating hard (no blazes in the Wilderness).

4-ish milk with Tiny Elvis this evening

qotd: last year out of roughly 1800 miles, more than half were hiking; I’m finding hard hiking doesn’t diminish my running too much

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing today.  Sun is shining, so probably should go for a run.

Sandy - nice pictures. looks pretty.

QOTD:  Hiked a lot last year, bit no overnights. My knee was acting up last June and July, so I hiked.

DW and I might do an overnight this weekend and do some fastpacking.  Trying to decide where to ditch the car and if we do an out and back or a one way and get dropped off. When we do this, we use hammocks and can filter water so our packs are pretty light.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sandy - Beautiful pics!  And glad you were able to get out to enjoy the area.

LB2 - Sounds like you have a good plan and expectations to get back into the swing of things.  If running isn't (mostly) enjoyable, there's not much point to it.

warden - Nice tune-up.  I couldn't imagine 12 in show shoes.  I guess you're used to it, but that's hard work!

AT - Must be pretty rough for those thru-hikers.  That was a really nice gesture to help that guy pick up supplies over the weekend too.

FTYC - Thanks for the thoughtful words on my RR.

runtrail - Hope things dry up this week.

Rest day for me.

QOTD:  I don't really spend much time hiking, mostly because I spend most of my time running.  Yard work is my augmented XT.

Weekend QOTD:  Spent the weekend doing yard work at the cabin, despite all the rain.  Got about half way through dismembering and removing the 50 foot fallen tree in the yard.  Mowed the lawn in the rain yesterday.  It's usually a 2 hour job with the push mower, but took almost 4 hours due to the long wet grass.  No way I could have waited another weekend with all the rain.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

Plan is to get out for 5 or so miles this evening with the Lady on the local trail. I would call it a shake out/recovery run from yesterday's 10k trail race but apparently I am not able to run fast enough right now to need any recovery. Post run I will do some work in the yard. I think cleanup of the front flower bed is in order. So weeding, trimming, and mulching. I am on the homestretch with spring garden chores.

Sandy - Great pics!

Warden - That looks like what I call dirty snow around here. That almost looks like a blue blaze on that tree but it's your trekking pole?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Plan is to get out for 5 or so miles this evening with the Lady on the local trail. I would call it a shake out/recovery run from yesterday's 10k trail race but apparently I am not able to run fast enough right now to need any recovery.

XT - Nice job on that 10K!  With those weather conditions, I probably wouldn't have even run a 10K, or if I did, I'd have zero expectations.  Hope your knee is feeling ok today, which I assume is the case if you're going back out for 5 today.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

XT yeah the snow is covered with dust, pine needles, etc

yup- that’s my trekking pole for reference, snow there is about 5’ deep

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √