Trailer Trash

Turbulent Tuesday (Read 36 times)

I'm quite frustrated today, to say the least. Having lots of problems this morning with my crappy old Mitsubishi involving an impound lot, AAA, a damaged bumper, a  dead battery, and broken radiator. Can't wait to fix this lemon and get it off my hands for good.

Will get in a run commute after work, around 4 miles. Then I have my first volleyball game of the season which should lift my spirits Smile

QOTD:  Any car troubles lately? I can't wait until I no longer own a car! It is nice to have the luxury of public transportation in the city.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all, I guess people are busy today.

T&C - is the run to work mandatory (due to aforementioned car troubles?)

I did 20 mins on the bike rollers yesterday (pretty fun once you get the hang of it...I did tape myself learning but it wasn't that great...after 10 mins I could go for 5 mins without having to use the wall).  I also got out for a late night 6 mile run around the neighborhood.  The christmas lights are nice...much better than the scarecrows everyone puts in their yard for halloween (not fun during night runs).

I'm still beat the F. up from Stone Mill.  20 mins on the rollers and a nice and easy 4 miler this evening.

QOTD: I was just informed yesterday that my job has agreed to reimburse me for my car use (in addition to the gas card).  Farewell car payment! Oh, someone stole the center caps out of the stock rims...other than that my car has been solid.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

A storm moved in overnight, so I got to run in some fresh Utah powder this morning. New snow is awkward to run in on the trails, it's much easier once we get a decent base. I cut my run short because I was kicking rocks and really didn't feel like taking a tumble.

QOTD: My vehicles are pretty new and in great shape. Jo managed to puncture the radiator in my truck while crewing for me at the Zion 100, which cost about $1400 to repair. Otherwise, we're pretty solid on the vehicle front.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Snowing pretty hard right now but the forecast is for it to move on in the next couple hours , sorry to those East of here ( Nevada ) . I'll run when I get home.  I live up higher and we might get as much as 8" I'll decide on a distance based on wind chill and snow depth , I'm pretty fairweather.

QOTD: I bought a new car a year ago , hopefully it lives up to it's reputation for reliability . I don't care much what I drive as long as it's sound and won't leave me stranded .

runtraildc

Good afternoon!  No run yet today-- errands and just took delivery of a new dishwasher!  T&C, I think I may feel the same about this old appliance as you do with your car.   So-- running. ...  today will be an easy couple mile run, followed by yoga class tonight.

qotd:  Living in the city, we're a one car family with great walking and public transportation access. Other than two accidents this year that put it into the shop, it has been solid.   It's also a diesel--  very reliable and good on fuel.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interval workout on paced trail today, 5 x approx. .6 miles @ 15K pace, jog .4 mile recovery.

QOTD: Have 138K on my '98 Subaru, rarely have any issues other than maintenance.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sugnim

Howdy all.  We got a little snow last night at the start of an arctic cold front that is coming in.  It should be around 16 when I head out for a run this evening.  I'm thinking 5 or 6 miles followed by a hot bowl of soup and a nice bath.

QOTD:  I love our car.  It's a 2001 Toyota Echo and it has never given us any real problems.  I hated living in the city, and I loathed public transportation.  At 5'3" my nose is just about at armpit level with every person who hasn't showered in weeks, and with most commuter-time transportation being standing-room-only, the armpit experience was a little too frequent for my liking.  I'll take my little car over crowded trains and buses any day.  Better yet, I'll take my bike!  Big grin

Jamezilla--Sounds like you have a great job!

Chnaiur

Doing five in Golden Gate Park later today.

Yesterday, my goal race vanished, and I started research on a fun 50-miler for next year. Any suggestions for a wilderness p2p race in the western US would be very welcome.

QOTD: I've put 100'000 miles on my 2008 Nissan, and its still working great.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Snowdenrun

Just under 4 miles yesterday. No run today.

QOTD: I had a series of problems with my Nissan this year. Amounting into way too much money. Being a mechanic for a living the last thing I want to do is go home and work on my own stuff.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just about to head out for a nice run. OK, good, now I've said it, so I must do it - I'm not easily motivated these days.

Hair stylist for DD later, so I'll have to hurry to get a few miles in.

T&C: This car does not sound very social.

Zilla: Those bike rollers can be nasty if you're not used to them. Learning it within 10 minutes is quite an accomplishment, in my eyes!

lace: No tumble in the fresh snow? Might save you the shower post-run.

valerie: Your weather report makes my sunshine-45 degrees sound pretty balmy.

traildc: We got a new dishwasher about a year ago, and starting it up the first few times was such fun - DH and I had to fight over who was allowed to do it. Unfortunately, this has worn off meanwhile. Angry

wc: Your run report reminds me of advanced algebra class. Wink

sugnim: Freeeze! Don't forget the mittens.

Chnaiur: Goal race vanished? How that happened?

QOTD: Our cars are fairly new and doing well. Only recently, the lever mechanism to open the trunk broke in the little car, I'll have it repaired tomorrow. I have managed to lock myself out of the car twice due to this broken part, by leaving the keys in the trunk with the car locked, then slamming the trunk shut. Clown

Run for fun.

Gator eye

10 total this morning, I did a couple miles of hill work on the treadmill after doing 8 on the road. Burr what a cold winter this has been so far with the worst yet to come.

QOTD: I hate car problems almost as much as I do a car payment. But 5 years ago when I paid off my current vehicle I decided I was going to drive this one till the doors fell off. My truck has 280,000 on it and I think the doors are getting loose. Hoping I can get another year out of it anyway so the answer is yes I have car problems all the time.

T&C - is the run to work mandatory (due to aforementioned car troubles?)

No, I usually take the subway to/from work but run commuting is often the quickest way, especially if I can't run later on. Haven't used my car in months (see: dead battery) and my fiance has a great car so it's ok for out of city stuff.  My hope is get it repaired and then sell it. The good thing it only has 65,000 miles on it! Do not buy Mitsubishis, I've replaced the radiator 3 times in 9 years on this one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

wc: Your run report reminds me of advanced algebra class. Wink

That shouldn't be surprising. Math was my favorite subject and I did teach algebra for a couple years after college.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Chnaiur

Chnaiur: Goal race vanished? How that happened?

The 2013 edition of Gold Rush 100k was a point-to-point race from where gold was found in 1849 to the fort where it was carried. The course was mostly single-track and slightly down hill. Running 100 km in May felt like a stretch to me, but the awesome storyline and layout of the course made me really really want to do it.

2014 Gold Rush is a generic out-and-back up-and-down-a-hill very close to residential areas. It is run "on trails gold miners used", but that doesn't feel nearly as fun to me.

The two best candidates I've found this far are PCT50 in SoCal, and one in Alaska that's unsupported for 38 miles in the middle.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

LB2

No run today. Too much horse crap to deal with, literally. I have to come back to the school after work for a shin dig for the opening of a horse grooming class. My boss is a big horse person, and I don't really know what this is all about. But...

QOTD: My wife has a pretty new vehicle. I have a 2001 Mazda. I don't venture out too far in it, but I don't venture out too far in anything except my trail shoes.

LB2