Trailer Trash

Sunday...Sunday...Sunday!! (Read 26 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm up! It's 5 am and meeting the group for 25 at 6 am....looking forward to this run today as a beautiful day yesterday and we are running point to point.  Plan is 25 but if needed can drop at 20...if someone leaves a car.

Sandy..very exciting about your daughter.  Makes a Popppa proud.

QOTD:  look around whereever you are sitting a name/describe  an item that you like.

Since I am sitting at my bar my dog Jack is just staring at me wanting food...he's such a happy dog that we call him    Happy Jack.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Good morning, trailers!  And Queen, no less, starting the daily!  It should be a beautiful day here.  I have a short run planned-- 4 or 6 miles, exact location TBD because...

qotd:  I'm sitting at our table, sitting across from DH who is frowning at his ipad.  Or rather, intently checking the wind forecast.  We're sneaking out for a few hours of kiting/running while the kiddos do their homework (really, I'm sure they won't play video games).  Once I finish DS's ice cream cake and get it in the freezer.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone!  Called by buddy here in Missoula to see if he wanted to get a short run in this morning (thinking 5-ish miles), he said he'd be glad to join me, but was thinking 10-ish miles, so headed out for 10 

few pics from my hike/run/snowshoe up to Stuart Peak yesterday

qotd: looking at my little DGD who just got up, she is a cutie

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Just got home from Church. Planning a short run to shake out the legs a little. Hoping to see if I can convince DS to go along with me. Probably won't be anything more then a easy 4.5 to 5 miles.

QOTD:  Sitting at my computer, DW is in another room so I can't see her. Everything at my desk I consider to be just tools, nothing that I really like. I was going to list the view out my back door, then I realized that without the nice set of french doors that I had installed I would not be able to see that view, so I'm going with the doors. They are nice wooden Pella doors with internal blinds. They allow a lot of natural light to enter the room and through them I have a nice view of a portion of my deck and beyond that a view of my yard and the woods behind the house. I can sit at my desk and watch the squirrels playing in the trees.  If I move closer to the doors the view expands to cover the fields which may be full of grazing cows. The doors were expensive and I almost didn't put them in for that reason, but I really like them now that I have them.

Afternoon, all. Just dropping by to indulge in a little second hand running, looks like the nice weather is treating everyone today. I'm nursing a nasty Hyner hangover.  Legs feel ok, but my entire upper body feels like I've been throwing up for a week straight.

Anxiously awaiting race reports. It was my first time, and I can say with confidence it definitely lives up to its hype.

Hope everyone has lots of awesome adventures today.

QOTD: my dog Abby is giving me the side eye right now. It's time for her hike. Thank goodness for 4 wheelers. Mommy can't hang today.

Daydreamer1

Anxiously awaiting race reports.

Don't forget to post you own here, everyone has a different experience. It looks like you had a very nice finishing time.

Gator eye

11 miles this am with my favorite running partner Mr Jangles.

QOTD. I was going to answer earlier but couldn't decide on one thing. As I sit in my chair with my two dogs by my side, wife and kids next to me there is no one answer.

Don't forget to post you own here, everyone has a different experience. It looks like you had a very nice finishing time.

Oh jeez thanks! I'm definitely not mad about my time.

I think my race report would mostly be a tangent of how many times I had to talk myself out of laying down in the creek and taking a DNF in the first 8 miles.  I made the classic rookie mistake of starting off too conservatively (I got a impaled with a stray hiking pole in the starting line cluster and was gushing blood from my thigh before we even got off the road.  Lesson learned!) Took me forever to find my stride and just run free.

That climb to Hyner view though.  That's enough to make anyone feel like a rockstar at least for a minute... Until you realize how many miles you still have to go.  I am in awe of how many people successfully do that hill, no matter what their pace.

My back half was fast and fun.  Found my legs at the second aid station and the rest was a really happy blur.

I never "got it" before. I knew Hyner was a big well known race, but it never was a priority on my list. I get it now. I had a blast! I will be back next year for sure.

Sandy-2

Thanks Queen, my DD is really happy and said that yes she can 'sort of' walk today.  Yup proud papa.

Nice photos mt.

Today is a SRD for me.

Congrats to all the racers this weekend.  Especially the Hyner folks (MD), I really want to do that one one of these years...

qotd: Well it's Monday morning here and I'm at the office...  I guess I like the hot cup of coffee sitting on my desk next to the keyboard.  I can also look out the window and see part of the Busan harbor.  Here's a photo I just snapped.  That's the Custom House in the middle, shipyard building a couple of bulk carriers (blue colored ships) off to the left and in the middle right is the top of Yongdo Island. A very dreary day today, it's been raining steadily since yesterday.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Thanks Sandy. I left there defeated but inspired and impressed. Definitely put it on your bucket list Smile