Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Long trail run tomorrow and maybe my first long run B2B weekend so far this year. Will decide tomorrow night as to how leg feels before deciding on Sunday's distance.

Good luck, Devan (and her crew).

dpc3 - Is your 15 miler this weekend?

Any other racers / pacers out there?

Dreamer - sorry about your BIL, but as you said, probably a blessing that's e's not in pain anymore.

QOTD:  Super bowl - I'll watch or I don't care? Bonus question - who are you rooting for?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a very windy 3 this morning. I have to say that I am enjoying easing back into a regular running pattern, but last year just burned me out on running really long distances. I was dreading my long runs, and I don't want to do things I dread for recreational purposes. But I love running normal distances.

QOTD: I will watch some of it. I don't care much either way, but I am tired of seeing the Pats. I guess I am rooting for Philly. Now, if the Saints were still in it, I would be all extremely excited.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 4.5 miles in with Tiny E (DW is recovering from having gall bladder removed)- went to the top of Mt Helena and made a 4-ish mile loop out of it; the initial miles climbs 1500’- it definitely gets the blood flowing 

tomorrow- plan is a 18 mile loop in the mountains on snowshoes- this will be an a$$ kicker for certain

good luck Devan!  you can take comfort in knowing you have a good crew

qotd: more than likely will watch it, no party or such though; I don’t really care..... as long as NE doesn’t win 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  Super bowl - I'll watch or I don't care? Bonus question - who are you rooting for?

I'll watch but really not very interested this year.

I root against 2 teams, the Cowboys and the Patriots, so I will be pulling mildly for the Iggles (the proper pronunciation if yo live near Philly).

AT-runner

Tim

got 4.5 miles in with Tiny E (DW is recovering from having gall bladder removed)- went to the top of Mt Helena and made a 4-ish mile loop out of it; the initial miles climbs 1500’- it definitely gets the blood flowing 

Speedy recovery to Mrs. Warden.  Tell her not to overdo things. After initial pain goes away, she'll have some fatigue, and they don't usually tell you about that.

XtremeTaper

No run today (so he says) but will hit the gym for weights and stretching. Did an easy 5 last night up on the local trail with the Lady. Well, I guess all runs are easy for me these days in terms of pace. Fairly mild, mid 40's maybe, and saw a few more dog walkers last night. One guy like me, letting his dog wander off leash, and another lady walking a Doberman Pinscher. I have not seen many Dobermans the past few years, so that was unusual. The Lady with the Doberman cheered us on for running.

QOTD: Yes, I will be watching. Even though I live in Philly area, I am not a die hard Iggle's fan as I was not born here. My NFL loyalties lie elsewhere. But I am pulling for the Iggle's for sure, but will not lose any sleep over a loss since I'm just a casual fan.

Warden - Yikes, speedy recovery to your wife.

Sandy/Devan - Good luck!

LB2 - I hear you on the constant long runs. I still want to run ultras though so they are a necessary component. I seemed to find a sweet spot years ago of once a month long run, and would do 2-3 hours runs the other week. Oh the sickness that 2-3 hours is not a long run!

AT - Good luck with the B2B! Can't recall if you are training for something?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Slightly under five this morning - was quite windy and not very pleasant out.  It is amazing how wind can really change my mood during a run.    I hope to get in some miles this weekend but nothing super long.  Distance TBD.

GL to Devan and crew - go get it done!

QOTD: Born and bred in New England of course I am a Patriots fan.  But this year I finally understand why so many people hate them.  It is about time someone else represent the AFC. I get it.  But obviously I still want them to win.  I am also finding rather humorous how many people fully loathe them and Brady specifically.  I mean people downright despise them.  It goes beyond just not liking a team because they are always good.  My kids like the Patriots - no I did not force them to.  They just picked up on it.  DS1 liked the Eagles when he first became interested in football some years ago but has since renounced that.  I swear I had nothing to do with it.  Mostly anymore my boys like football because of fantasy football.  It makes it fun to watch and keep track of the games.  No SB party other than just us and a bunch of yummy food.

Have a great weekend! Go Pats.

Image result for brady meme

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Good luck with the B2B! Can't recall if you are training for something?

A little 24 hour thingie in May.

LB- Glad your are getting your Mojo back.

Jamie - I never pick on anyone who roots for their home team. It's the bandwagon people that drive me crazy.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 7.5 this morning with my running group. I tell them we are running 5 to 7 miles but I didn't have my watch so it was a little long.  I was late for work and guessing so were the other 2 who have a job.  Of course one owns the running store so umm I think her boss won't be mad.  I placed my watch on the dashboard Monday and then pushed it into a slot.  Hopefully Mike can get it out this weekend.  He has a tool but I was unsuccessful in using it. 

QOTD: No one invited us over so we won't be watching it.  Unless we end up in a bar; which has been known to happen.  It's Patriots and Eagles right?  I go for the Eagles; I don't like cheaters.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

QOTD: No one invited us over so we won't be watching it.  Unless we end up in a bar; which has been known to happen.  It's Patriots and Eagles right?  I go for the Eagles; I don't like cheaters.

+1 and hope you can get your watch out.

Probably a rest day for me.  Had a 21 day streak going, but everything sucked last night on a short 4 mile run.  I can brood about what beer to get for Sunday.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

... and then pushed it into a slot.  ... has a tool but I was unsuccessful in using it. 

Might be the batteries. 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Grow up...Not! 

Might be the batteries. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Grow up...Not! 

I felt it was my responsibility to fill in for Warden, as he takes care of his recovering wife and is too busy to have responded to your comment in a timely fashion. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

you beat me it to it- no way I could have let that one go by! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Might be the batteries. 

Hahahahaha!!!! Need one with a kick starter!!

LB2