Trailer Trash

Where the hell is the Thursdaily? (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

right here 

ran on the treadmill yesterday evening, 4-ish miles with lots of hills- I thought the treadmill was reserved for bitterly cold weather, but now for smoke

we had a slight clearing of smoke yesterday evening, woke up early to run only to find it's back in the red zone, so maybe another treadmill session after work

qotd: building on yesterday's theme, your most memorable vacation?  have had several nice ones, but five years ago, we really enjoyed a summer trip to Oregon- we spent a few days in Portland doing the big city stuff, few days on the coast and a few days in the mountains doing day hikes- a really nice variety of environs and some nice memories

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran almost 4 this morning.  Hard time getting out of the house because my gut was bugging me.  Our yard is covered in oak leaves that have dried up on the tree still green and fallen due to the heat.  When I was out running it appeared that  my woods look dry and scaggy.  They could be the same but just look worse since I was in Michigan woods.  I saw 2 piles of bear shit on my close to home trail.  Then I saw a large cougar shit still shiny.  He must of done dumped it last night!

QOTD:  One of my favorite vacations is San Filipe.  We pull the trailer within 5 feet of the beach.  You look left and see no one, you look right and see no one.  You ride quads, stroll the beach at low tide and find shells, play games, float in the water...just relax.  We stay for 10 days, we don't have to move the trailer, if someone wants to do something they can do it...if your lucky you dance around a VW engine fire.  Oh and what fun M80s are...

No automatic alt text available.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I got up and ran 9 this morning to close out August with an even 200 miles. I was scheduled for 180 in my build up, but I always feel better when I can get a solid 200 in the two full months prior to a run, and that is right on the money for that. I am pretty happy with how the summer has gone. I have a little over 73 miles in the last 10 days. I have 4 key runs before the November run: a 30 and a 35 in September, and a 50 miler and a marathon in October. I think that should just about do it.

QOTD: We had a great trip to Disney World a few years back with the kids, but my favorite trip was when my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I went to Big Cedar Lodge near Branson, Missouri with another couple. We had a blast on Table Rock Lake and just taking it easy. Unfortunately, the other couple ended up divorcing, and my buddy got re-married to someone I would rather not be around. I didn't even like her when we were kids.

LB2

Sandy-2

If the Thursdaily was here it is probably still underwater.  Actually the water level of the river/lake near me is slowly going down. I was able to run a mile past where the water was 3 days ago (where I was standing is waist-deep water unloading boats), but then hit the deep water.  Unfortunately two of my running buds' houses are down past where I got to and so they are still underwater.  They had to evacuate by boat but I didn't see them because they were taken to another evac location (they are in a local hotel at the moment).

I ran 10 mi this morning seeing where the water has receded to, it is going down and people are starting to pile their wet belongings in front of there houses.  What a freaking nightmare.

qotd: I'd have to say Phuket, Thailand.

QoN, it sounds and looks like there were some controlled substances involved with that vacation or yours.

tbd.

muppy

13.3 miles yesterday,  first 10 miles were so easy and smooth, then they got a little sluggish for some strange reason.

QOTD.  I would say going to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands. The highlight was going snorkeling at Buck Island, it was truly amazing!

XtremeTaper

I've done my PT exercises so far, walked the dogs 1 mile, will do PT exercises one more time, and drum roll.... will run 4-5 miles tonight on the trails at Green Lane. At least that is the plan.

QOTD: The Bend Trip with my running buds last year was great, trips to St. John USVI have been awesome, but most memorable was India and the Maldives.

Warden - hope that smoke clears.. voodoo curse to the TM.

Queenie - That photo reminds me of a time the missus and I spent a weekend on my friends pontoon boat on lake raystown here in PA. Late in the night, we had a fire, partaked a little bit if you know what I mean, and then the radio played an old 70's pop song Rockin' Pnemonia. We had the boogie woogie blues all right then into the lake we went buck naked. Hopefully the couples kids were truly sleeping.

LB - Keep it up. I have yet to pull the plug on dropping but feel it's only a matter of time.

Sandy - Glad you are safe and not flooded too. Sorry about your friends.

Muppy - I've been snorkeling at Buck Island but they made me wear a floatable vest. Sort of pissed me off. I mean who can drown with flipper in salt water? It was nice as long as we kept away from the crowds.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Lethargically making my way through a day at work. On my 2nd can of Monster Rehab .  Should wake up sometime tonight.

Queen - VW engine fire???  I presume that means you light the engine on fire?  I've seen them burn really nice and they make some nice colors when hit with water but I thought the fumes were supposed to be rather poisonous.

LB2 - Sounds like your summer, from a running view point, is going opposite of mine.  Haven't had this few summer miles since 2011.

Sandy - Good to hear the water is starting to go down. Hopefully there wasn't too much noxious fumes released from the chemical plants.

QOTD:  Alaska in 2003.  All four of us in the '97 Dodge loaded to the gills. Put on 11000 miles and took us 32 days. Went all the way up to the oil fields and got to see Denali in fully clear weather. Biked along the Pipeline in 90+ degree weather, had a moose cow and calf  run by a little too close for comfort.  A trip that will probably never happen again for multiple reasons.

AT-runner

Tim

Got the drywall finished up today. What a pain in the ass. Why did I decide to do a 11 1/2' ceiling. Guy coming this weekend to start the taping and finishing.

Small run today. No trails, just ass-phalt.

QOTD:  Last years SW adventure was nice, but have to go with a 2 week vacation in Ireland with the most of the family. It was after my dad was killed in an car accident, and we toured for a week and then rented a large house in Killareny for their Music Festival. My brother and his family were out, and my mom seemed to smile for the first time in a while. My brother and I closed the pub every night and drank with some distant relatives.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10 miles easy.

qotd: Most memorable was probably 10 days in Glacier NP including my first ever backpacking trip at age 51. Besides backpacking and camping in the back country, not  a designated campsite, we survived thunderstorms, fording glacier fed creeks, and clambering over rock slides blocking the trail.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

If you have noticed by now I don't really worry about what I put in my body... that doesn't sound right.  It just burns bright because of the magnesium.

Queen - VW engine fire???  I presume that means you light the engine on fire?  I've seen them burn really nice and they make some nice colors when hit with water but I thought the fumes were supposed to be rather poisonous.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄