Trailer Trash

Monday!!!! (Read 22 times)

LB2

SRD. I ran 5 days last week, though.

QOTD: Injuries or niggles right now?

My calves are cooked for some reason. I ran a little too fast yesterday, but I was in a hurry to get back for the rest of the game. I don't know exactly what is going on, but my calves are super tender. I took a pretty substantial break from running during the holidays, but it shouldn't have been this tough to get back going.

LB2

Daydreamer1

SRD. Working a 24 hour shift.

QOTD:  Foot is feeling OK after yesterdays slip and slide run.  Right hip is too.  Now if I could just get rid of this cough and chest congestion. It needs to get really cold again and snow some more.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good mileage over the weekend, especially considering the majority was on snowshoes

hitting the gym this evening, week 5 of Wendler

sitting in a a jury room at the moment, hoping it’s a criminal case so I get bumped out quickly; last call up was a civil case, but luckily got bumped from that one too

qotd: knock on wood, good to go- I have been neglecting my foam rolling- need to do a better job with it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

sitting in a a jury room at the moment, hoping it’s a criminal case so I get bumped out quickly; last call up was a civil case, but luckily got bumped from that one too

The last time I was called for Federal Jury duty I begged off due to my job being essential and us being understaffed.  Afterwards I realized that it would have been for a civil case and wished that I would have just went through the selection process. I'd love to sit on a jury and hear a big civil suit.  Not so much for a criminal case.

runtraildc

SRD for me. Yesterday ended up being gloriously slippery and sloppy. Good thing I had thought ahead and brought another pair of shoes to wear back at the pool during the rest of the meet. It also was slow going in many spots since it was so slippery.  Came out of the trails and past the main gate, saying the trails were closed due to poor conditions. The mtb really tear things up so this was not unexpected, but maybe they should have more signs? Mostly saw hikers, but did see a dad and his two boys trying to ride.

qotd: Nope. I've been doing yoga every day (almost) for this month, which has helped build strength in addition to stretching out the tight spots. Helps me a lot and also makes me think I should be doing it more frequently.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran a big fat zero this weekend.  I was so unmotivated to run plus with little time to fit in the runs... So back to it this morning with a quiet 5 in the hood.

QOTD: My lower back...nuff said.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Flat run yesterday and then another long walk, this time on Ocean City Boardwalk, where we walked the whole thing out and back (and I hit all the timing mats).

QOTD: Same as my answer to last Wednesday's QOTD 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You sure about that? They may have put in a new one!

SRD today.  Flat run yesterday and then another long walk, this time on Ocean City Boardwalk, where we walked the whole thing out and back (and I hit all the timing mats).

QOTD: Same as my answer to last Wednesday's QOTD 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

You sure about that? They may have put in a new one!

DW took a picture at 27th street.  On the return lap, we got fries at Thrashers below the pier, so hopefully I'm covered, but we did eat all the fries, and I probably should have saved one for proof. Now you have me worried, so I may need to update my Strava on MySpace (do they even still have that) and AOL.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Rain at the end of Jan. in Mi. Curse u global warming,

took a rest day

QOTd: foot still tight, last night I was climbing the stairs and fell. I hit my shin and cried like a baby,

DW thought me falling up the stair was funnyas all get out. No sympathy what so ever.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thank god for running dates...cold and rainy this morning but I had a date.  So 6 miles, 6 girls, 3 dogs, a little snow on the ground and no ticks...that I am away of but lots of mud for short dogs.  Jack has a weird way of running where his legs fit up underneath himself.  Even if it's slightly muddy he gets really muddy.  Whereas tall Earl pretty much stays dry.

QOTD:   we had this question a couple weeks ago when you weren't running....but since you asked...the heels is still a problem but not worth talking about since its 80% better than it was with shoes with a higher drop.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I did some short runs on Saturday & Sunday . The weather has been really good so far  and I've been able to run on dirt all winter.   Husband and dog on one of the trails near our home .

QOTD: Broke a crown on Friday night . I did call my dentist and he would have met me to do a temporary fix on Saturday but I opted to wait until tomorrow . It isn't too painful .

Gator eye

Tooth pain is the reason brandy was invented.

Good luck

LB2

I tried so hard to get on the jury for a murder a few years ago. I don't think the lady was trying to say she didn't kill anyone. I think she was just saying they needed to be killed. Anyway, I got cut (not by the defendant), and they took a plea bargain for manslaughter or something the next morning. I think her lawyer was later indicted on some federal tax charges. I am not sure what ever happened with that, but she got 20 years.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD.

DW took a picture at 27th street.  On the return lap, we got fries at Thrashers below the pier, so hopefully I'm covered, but we did eat all the fries, and I probably should have saved one for proof. Now you have me worried, so I may need to update my Strava on MySpace (do they even still have that) and AOL.

AT, if you are trying to get that certified as a FKT, I'm not sure a regurgitated french fry is enough proof.  

qotd: I keep trying to recover from recent races, but new runs keep getting in the way. I'm 'recovering' from the marathon, but going to pace my DD for her last two loops at RR100 in two weeks.  Actually other than being a bit 'creaky' due to overuse in my left knee and right hip, I don't feel too bad (knocks-on-wood.) Nothing a little rest won't fix.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL