Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 28 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I have no catchy "F" to go with today, so just Fridaily.

SRD today.  Long run might be pushed to Sunday with the wet forecast tomorrow.  Rain all day and heavy at times.  Sunday looks perfect for long run with milder temps.

Good luck, Kelly and to all the racers and pacers this weekend.

Good luck, Queen, to all the drinking you'll be doing this weekend. Pace yourself.

QOTD:  Weekend plans?  Besides some running in the woods, I'll be siding the 3 season room I've been working on. It's coming along nicely.

My 112 year old house has a new back.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me as well (still biking to work)

Burke- coming along very nicely

lol on Queen   good luck Kelly @ WS!

qotd: have a great run/hike planned for tomorrow, about a 25 mile loop in the Crazies- will have to navigate about 2.5-3 miles of off trail to make it a loop, if it works it will definitely be a good one!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 5 yesterday and then 5 more this morning.  Today's run was a tour of the little English town of Romsey.  Nice little place but of course I managed to find a few dead end streets.  I did manage to find a hike/bike trail after a while, but the best was the little wooded path along the river (unfortunately it didn't go too far.)

Path by the river.

The footpath is a bit overgrown.

Nice work AT.

qotd:  flying back to Korea tonight and I won't get there until late Saturday.  Probably sleep a lot on Sunday. I'll probably wake up every once in a while to check on lace_up.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

some call me Tim

SRD here as well, for travel.

I ended up with 17 yesterday.. Early trail run followed by traffic nightmare for the race- Had to run 2 miles to the start because the shuttles were backed up, and ended up at the front of a slower wave. It was fun passing half the first wave on about 3/4 power and cheer on my friends going by the other way- just a blast and I didn't quite catch up to the missus ;-) then a little downtime to drink beer and then run back to the car. Good to get some miles in cause today I drive to Philly for the weekend (QOTD) and hoping to get a few miles in at Fairmount as suggested by Kelly and speaking of whom-

have a great race!

looking good AT. I love that initial phase where everything comes together so quickly and siding has the same effect depending on what you go with.

XtremeTaper

I will get the Lady out to Coventry Woods this evening for our typical 7 mile trail run/loop. Might be a bit rainy but maybe not. I played a round of golf last night so yesterday's run was a 5 miler on the road. Lot's of shenanigans and hijinx out there. Best to stick to the trails I think.

QOTD: A few short runs (8-10 miles), operation destroy weeds in the back 40, dinner with my partner in crime (we are hosting his dog for a few days), not sure what else. Forecast is for cool and rainy weather tomorrow.

Good luck racers, pacers, crews, beer drinkers, hell raisers, etc.

Sandy - Finding trails in unexpected places is always a treat.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

5.2 road miles last night.

Nice job AT!

Good luck Kelly and anyone else!

QOTD Got a dinner and movie (was told we are seeing Max) with GF tomorrow night.

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - Finding trails in unexpected places is always a treat.

+1 - Always love finding a new place to run.

runtraildc

Happy Friday, folks!  Got in a slow 3 miles last night with a friend, and then went out for 4.5 miles this morning.  First time I've run two days in a row in a while.  Tomorrow's weather (rain, and then some more rain) did not look good for a run.

Am I the only one that cannot see AT and Sandy's pics?  This is a recent development for me with RA-- can see some photos, but not all.

qotd:  Swim meet in the rain tomorrow.  We've bailed on Sunday's swim meet since they moved it to another pool far  away and thru lots of traffic.   So, I think we'll go paddling on the Bay instead.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I did a few miles with the running club last night, and I'll get out in an hour or so for another few miles. Looks rainy, but it might just hold up.

Anyone in need of some sun?

And some from a run a few days ago, pink and white Mountain Laurel in full bloom:

AT: Nice work, looks good!

Kelly, Queen: Have fun at WS! Watoni there as well?

warden: Oh - got it. From now on, I'll call it "navigating off trail" when I get lost in the briars!   Good luck, have fun!

Sandy: Nice trails. The overgrown path would be called "cleared" in my area. 

darg: At least you had a nice warmup before the start.

taper: I always love the "road runner vs. trail runner" comparisons!

Muppy: Good run.

QOTD: Work, kids, and watching a movie.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Skipped the run to vacuum the house pick up and laundry as company is arriving today.  Was going to go to gym at lunch but company should be here around noon...maybe still go I will see.

QOTD:  Going to hang with Kelly's wife tomorrow and kinda watch the WS run.  Then have a friend visiting so the next 10 days will be filled with boating, quad riding, kayaking, camping, eating, drinking, hiking, just plan old having fun.  My running will take a hit but that's ok sometimes that is good for the buddy.

AT:  I can thin of a catchy F word...   sad to say but seeing  have the next week off I'll need to pace my self for the next 10 days!!  Why is it called a three season room?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Why is it called a three season room?

Not adding heat in the room, and PA gets cold, so 3 season.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Why is it called a three season room?

Because the only season you can use it is spring... 

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

+1 - Always love finding a new place to run.

Agree, especially when traveling to a new place on business.

By the way, a great description of the WS run.  Go lace_up, just enjoy the ride.  Makes me want to go back...  :-)

http://www.irunfar.com/2015/06/ajws-letter-to-2015-western-states-100-runners.html

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Long night at work, then I got out late. Needed a serious nap after I got home. Just woke up with a splitting headache that's required 4 Ibuprofen so far. I think I'm too old for these 60+ hour weeks.  Guess I'll head out  and mow the lawn before the rain set in for the weekend. After that I'll try for about 8 road miles.

QOTD: Tomorrow was supposed to be a long run with a lot of hill repeats. Not sure how much I'll do with the heavy rain that's predicted. Sunday I'm planning another long run. DS said he was going with so it may have to be cut short or downgraded to a lot of hiking since he's not really in shape for 13+ miles

Occasional Runner

Rest day. We're really enjoying the atmosphere in Squaw Valley. It seems like everybody is here.

One of my favorite pics from the beer mile yesterday. I won and my bride won for the ladies (she was the only woman, though)