Trailer Trash

Shivering Thursdailies (Read 41 times)

We had a chilly run this morning. It was 10 degrees of the house 5 degrees at the trail head.  That is pretty cold for here in the Baltimore area.  With the snow the run felt longer than the 3 miles we did.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

My foot is feeling much better after 2 full rest days, so I'm going to test it out on the treadmill tonight. Hoping to get in some strength training too.

muppy

Got in 6.5 last night and srd for me today,after shoveling snow for 20 hours at work since Tuesday morning I'm ready for it.

QOTD Pass

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all!

After preaching about consistency for yesterday's QOTD I blew off yesterday's run and went and had drinks/dinner with my bride-to-be.  It was nice to get out of the house and have an evening out and she appreciated me "giving it a rest" for a day.

QOTD: 1 setup for <15 degree weather.  I have a pair of Nike Pro Combat tights and a matching long sleeve shirt...they are very warm (fleece lined).  I wear a light wind breaker jacket overtop.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I did 8 miles yesterday at 7 degrees with a lot of wind, but it couldn't have felt any better. The sun warmed me up nicely, and the cold breeze was just delightful. Planning on a few miles late today. Zilla, you beat me, I'll go with your QOTD. I think it's Independence Day, followed closely by Memorial Day.

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Hahaha (read my edited post Couch!)

QOTDs: What's your favorite holiday

How many cold weather outfits do you have/use?

sugnim

Howdy all.  I did 3.5 more house miles while my son slept this morning.  It wasn't a trail run, but I got a good sweat going & was able to wear shorts in January!

QOTD:  Holiday?  Thanksgiving, maybe.

Cold weather clothes?  I just layer up.  I don't really have any special stuff for the cold as far as running clothes are concerned.  Although, I do have a pair of Asics goretex shoes that are great for cold or wet weather.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Afternoon all!

After preaching about consistency for yesterday's QOTD I blew off yesterday's run and went and had drinks/dinner with my bride-to-be.  It was nice to get out of the house and have an evening out and she appreciated me "giving it a rest" for a day.

QOTD: 1 setup for <15 degree weather.  I have a pair of Nike Pro Combat tights and a matching long sleeve shirt...they are very warm (fleece lined).  I wear a light wind breaker jacket overtop.

I must have missed something in the last couple of months.  When did you get engaged?

Nothing for me today...again.

QOTDs: Not sure I have a fav anymore.  Christmas comes and goes with too much stress.  Thanksgiving is nice although we have been hosting 20+ people the couple years so that too is stressful.  I would say the holiday that is most relaxing is the best.

I have very little in the way of good or official winter running clothing.  I layer on top (usually 2-3 layers) and I wear shorts no matter what the temps.  I have yet to run in cold enough weather that i regretted shorts.  But then I have two pair of gloves and a ski hat on so I am sure it all looks a little strange.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Mid-December

Watoni

Have work to do but hoping for a ridge run today (short a sweet. Will ditch the GPS watch and take pics if I get the chance!

Favorite holiday? Hard to say ... with the kids I love X-Mas, but my dad died December 17 when I was 16 so it also a sad time for me

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Have not ran in 3 days..just keeping it real.  Need to run tonight 5.

QOTD: Use to be 4th of July as we would have a huge bash since they set them off right above our house.  Now I guess Thanksgiving..because we get 2 days off.  My less than 15 degrees outfits consist of shorts and a tank top; becuase I will be running on a treadmill.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TripleBock

Good news - I am 10th on wait list for ICe Age 50 mile (May10th) ... Almost assure me getting in.

QOTD:  No prep because my panzy ass will be on TM (Usually)

QOTD:  Christmas ~ For religious reasons.  I also used to have a tradition of at least 50k on TM on Christmas eve morning.

5.25 mile TM hill workout at lunch (6x4 minutes @ 4-12% incline)

Tonight will be something easy, but at least 5 miles.

The suckiest thing about letting myself get fat isn't the actual being fat, but trying to train and plan training while trying to lose 60-70 pounds.  A lot of failed goals in training runs, but when the primary goal is de-fatting and not workouts, that is OK.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Occasional Runner

I'll see you there!

Good news - I am 10th on wait list for ICe Age 50 mile (May10th) ... Almost assure me getting in.

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from 6+ miles on the road. Temp was 16-18, wind 8-12 mph with lake effect type snow showers blowing through. Great  fun. For some reason it's always hard for me to go out in this weather but when I finally get out in it I love it.

QOTD 1: It used to be Christmas, both for religious reasons as well as seeing the kids enjoying it. Lately though Christmas has been too hectic and stressful so I don't really have a favorite holiday.

QOTD 2: I just use a variety of base layers then toss a long sleeve hooded bicycling jersey on and top it off with a windbreaker, and a cap for my head.  From the waist down I have windblocker underwear and either wear warmup pants or if the temp drops below about 30 a pair of lined wind pants. Today I dug out a pair of waterproof socks. Those really keep the toes toasty!!! Last time I ran in <20 degree weather my toes were blue until I got home. 

TripleBock

Nice - They usually have really good beer post race ...

I'll see you there!

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock