Trailer Trash

Mellow Monday (Read 29 times)

runtraildc

Morning people.  Beautiful and sunny (yet cold!) monday morning here in the east.  Only got a couple of very short runs in this weekend and today is looking for a repeat of this.  Feeling not quite myself this morning and am concerned it's going to become a cold or the flu.  I'm not a good sick person, so I'm praying this will pass.

qotd:  Any good weekend happenings to share?  I'm still trying to process MTWarden's escapade and so glad they found her.  She was extremely fortunate, and having other runners act quickly to get the search going helped a lot, I'm sure.  Other than that, we went to a friend's oyster roast on Saturday night.  That was fun.  Beer and oysters on the grill-- does it get much better than that?

Have a good start to the week, folks.

AT-runner

Tim

Hard frost on the pumpkins this morning.  Cool and crisp out, and I love it.

QOTD:  Went to a small Fall Festival at Pine Grove Furnace SP after we ran on Saturday. Music and good eats. Apple and pumpkin flavored everything. Stained 300 sq.ft. of beadboard for my three season room over the weekend. Had windows in room open and fan on and I got the worst headache that I have had in some time from the fumes. Not fun. Now I'll install them this week and once carpet is down, room will be done.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Probably a rest day today. It is time to start tapering, sort of. I'll probably have 40 to 50 miles this week; 30 to 40 the next; 20 to 30; and then race.

QOTD: Nothing really. My legs are shot after last week. By yesterday, my legs were pretty dead. I feel good today, but I need to rest.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Working today and feeling like shit.  Fells like I'm getting a cold or something. Actually feel better than yesterday. No running in the plans for me until tomorrow.

QOTD: Spent a long weekend in Michigan. Didn't do anything special. We were visiting DW's relatives. Her Nephew is going through chemo for cancer, and while he has a a 90% chance of survival he's still pretty low from the side effects. With all that going on her sister and husband couldn't really get away to do anything special.  In the past we've went up to the U.P. for some leaf peeping, which is always nice. Didn't even run I was feeling so crappy.

XtremeTaper

Hello all... back from FL this week. Sorry I was MIA but find it to aggravating to post more than one sentence and grunts on my android tablet. I did lurk and run some when I was down there but came up with a little injury at the end of my Tue run last week. I had a very sharp, almost biting pain in my left shin that would only go away when I stopped running. A sort of pain I never felt before and I've had most all of the running injuries by now. I had been having a fun run too on some new (well new to me) twisty mountain bike trails in the FL woods and was looking forward to more exploration in the next few days. I shut things down and the following day had some on and off searing pain in the same area. I did some compression and ice and by the time we left on Saturday things felt fine, but my fear was a sfx, though I've never had one. So what to do? I went for a run yesterday at French Creek and had no pain or issues for a 6.5 mile trail run, so not sure what the deal was. I do have a rather large sore on the shin right near the bone that's in the final stages of healing, but it's been there for 3 weeks. I guess it had something to do with the pain? Who knows. So I was thinking I had an extended down time coming up but that does not appear to be the case. Of course, I should not judge this on one run I suppose. But a sfx did not make much sense given my lower mileage running as of late.

I will get the Lady out this evening for a run at Coventry Woods. 6 or 7 miles depending on how we connect the loop. Hopefully the leg is still feeling fine. It's nice cool fall weather here right now.

QOTD: We drove home from my parents house in FL on Saturday. Left at 6am, back at 11pm. Straight up I-95, and thank God for Ezpass and satellite radio. Hit the express lane in DC Saturday night and missed a 5-6 mile backup due to a wreck. Zoomed past the stopped traffic at 70mph. Best $3 ever spent. Saved me at least an hour. Yesterday was restocking the fridge, mixing up a batch of white chili, and NFL redzone watching (beer too of course).

Catch up QOTD:

Wed  QOTD - I grew up in Sheffield Lake and Wooster OH. I left OH when I graduated HS because it was time to leave the nest and grow up. Buddies and I travelled out to CA for the summer and a few of us stayed.

Thu QOTD - Once in a great while I will take photos but usually find all the start/stopping a pain. I rarely carry a camera and I have a cheapo flip phone LOL that does pictures but I just don't bother.

Fri QOTD - I have had 100 mile weeks during a 100 mile race week. Highest training week was on the low 90's. I've been in 80's quite often in training weeks, even once this year, but anymore my high weeks are generally 67-75.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Will strength train this morning and probably get a short run in this afternoon.

qotd: had a great run Saturday, until the gal went missing; celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary with my DW and went out to an expensive restaurant for dinner- I had blackened yellow tuna which was excellent!

pics from Saturday while everything was still going good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I am hoping to run with the kids after work...but a lot depends on their mood. My days of running with them are near an end. I'm afraid they will get too cold.

Qotd: had an awesome run with a run buddy who was in town. The sun rising through the yellow hicory trees was spectacular. Then...lots of family time that went well.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

5.3 miles last night on the rail trail.

QOTD I worked both days. Got out for a hike on Saturday with the GF and watched the mighty Steelers pull out a win yesterday!

Watoni

Either a rest day or biking.

QOTD: 30k yesterday, first real run in a long time. Ankle was griping after the first ten, but I pushed through and finished in just over 2 1/2 hours. Really fun run along the Western States trail (Ann Trason event). I ended up third and first Masters, so other than Zach Bitter (who smoked everyone) not a very deep field -- but I will take the swag and the small ego boost.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did 3 miles in my neighbors woods blargendarg style..you know running around in circles with a few out and backs thrown in there.  My feet and ankles were a little sore from my run yesterday and where I normally take Mondays off the dogs needed to be run before locking them in the house all day.  So running around in these woods prevented me from having to climb 500 feet at the beginning of my run.  We have fall like weather which is really nice.

QOTD:  I drove to the big city where they have both a Target and a Ross and went shopping.  Very exciting, I bought 4 t-shirts and 2 sweaters.  I a new welcome dog mat with bright colors.  Woooo hooo so exciting...and I filled in holes that my dog dug going after the moles that have over taken our yard!!  I forgot to mention the best part...free HBO  last night . 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Rest day, which works out well because I ended up with a 90 minute, not-entirely-painless dental appointment this morning. My teeth suck.

XT, that sounds an awful lot like where I've been at lately. When an unfamiliar pain crops up, I often skip straight to 'sfx' and back way the hell back. Thus far, a bit of caution has kept me going - I hope it's the same for you!

qotd: Wife and I had the first non-running date in ages on Sunday- Pirates of Penzance, put on pretty masterfully by a local community theater group followed by a stop at the Ethiopian place in town. It's not the best around, but it's a lot closer than the ones in the city.

mta:

"So running around in these woods prevented me from having to climb 500 feet at the beginning of my run."

You discovered my secret!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4.5 miles on rocky trail at lunch.  Such a beautiful day. Loving the cooler temps but supposed to warm up later this week.  Now sitting at work with an awful headache - almost feels like a migraine but not quite as bad.

XT - welcome back.

MT - read your account of the runner getting lost...crazy.  What was she thinking?

QOTD: Nothing big.  A couple good runs, some football, some work around the house, DS soccer game in the cold, school work.  The most exciting part was DW and I struggling to carry a heavy and awkward TV down two flights of stairs.  Let's hope she doesn't change her mind and want it back in the bedroom.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Worked early (watched the stars in the sky on my way to work), then completed all the requirements for the new job position (physical, drug check, etc.). Should all come back ok, but took forever to get done at the medical center. Soon I'm going to be making subs and sandwiches instead of coffee and lattes, LOL.

So as it took forever to complete all those tests and questionaires, and I'll have to attend DS's school conference later this afternoon, I'm afraid this might turn into a rest day. Especially since DD has marching band practice in the evening, and to finish up her college applications, so she won't go out with me on a run, either. Tough times these days, indeed. I wish I had a husband to help out - oh wait, there's one. Where the heck is he when I need him?? 

QOTD: Work, and a wonderful morning run with astronomy highlights. Some silly stuff with the kids (e.g. making animals out of chestnuts and acorns 

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

XT, that sounds an awful lot like where I've been at lately. When an unfamiliar pain crops up, I often skip straight to 'sfx' and back way the hell back. Thus far, a bit of caution has kept me going - I hope it's the same for you!

I never self diagnosed sfx before. Seeing I never had that particular injury I guess the pain I felt had all the trappings of what I expected a sfx to feel like. I guess getting through a 70 minute run yesterday with no issues would confirm my self diagnosis was wrong, which is part of the reason I ran yesterday. Everyone I know tells me the clock restarts if you run on that injury, so I wanted to recheck soon.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

XT-- this sounds very familiar to me.  I was having a sharp pain in my right leg a couple of weeks ago, middle of my leg on the outside edge of my shin.  Painful when I ran, and sore afterwards    I also had a small lump there where I think I had banged it up against something weeks earlier.  Well, I ended up digging/massaging the lump with my thumb, which was quite painful, but it worked and it is not bothering me at all anymore.

I don't know if it was an inflamed tendon or muscle, but I'm just sharing this with hopes that it might help.

signed, Dr Google.

I had a very sharp, almost biting pain in my left shin that would only go away when I stopped running. A sort of pain I never felt before and I've had most all of the running injuries by now. I had been having a fun run too on some new (well new to me) twisty mountain bike trails in the FL woods and was looking forward to more exploration in the next few days. I shut things down and the following day had some on and off searing pain in the same area. I did some compression and ice and by the time we left on Saturday things felt fine, but my fear was a sfx, though I've never had one. So what to do? I went for a run yesterday at French Creek and had no pain or issues for a 6.5 mile trail run, so not sure what the deal was. I do have a rather large sore on the shin right near the bone that's in the final stages of healing, but it's been there for 3 weeks.