Trailer Trash

Lotto fever Saturdaily (Read 41 times)

Sandy-2

The Hardrock and Western States lotteries are today.  Good luck to those in them (even if you are in both.....    lace-up).  I'm in the HR lotto, fingers crossed.

Did a nice 22 miler along the coast on Jeju Island this morning. Crazy weather, cold, windy, cloudy, grey, sunny, rain and sleet. I was a bit under dressed (shorts and two shirts-one short and one long, hat and gloves), but that just made me go a little quicker. Some photos below.

Qotd: do you tend to over-dress or under-dress for runs?

I always tend to go light and under-dress. I'd much rather be a little cold than warm or have to carry stuff or tie it around my waist. It's really funny here 'cause I'll be out in shorts and a tech shirt and most people will be dressed like they are going to tackle the Himalayas.

Angry sky, heading out, good day for a run along the coast.

The end of earth, Jeju Island.

It ain't all bad.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

Burke and I have some work to do today. Looking for 100 fast miles through the swamp.

QOTD: Neither. I'm pretty good about getting my gear choice correct.

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run in the fog.

QOTD: I generally get it right. or at least close enough  It helps that I have a high tolerance for the cold.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

bhearn

Burke and I have some work to do today. Looking for 100 fast miles through the swamp.

QOTD: Neither. I'm pretty good about getting my gear choice correct.

Boom! You're in Western States!

runtraildc

I have no idea what's happening run-wise for me.  I 'll fit in at least a couple of miles at some point.  Swimming madness with the kiddos today, so that's taking precedent.

sandy- great photos!

Qotd- usually over dressed, but rarely to the point of discomfort.  If I'm too hot, it's usually summer and I can't take anything more off without risking arrest.

moonlightrunner

My run will be after 5 tonight since I did not go early. Spending the day wrangling toddlers and cursing my phone which is also my only internet access. There is something wrong..it is driving me nuts.

Hoping for 10 tonight...and an early 20 tomorrow.

Funny....first lottery I think of is the kind where you win money. Good luck to all with their lottery entries.

Qotd: I usually wear one layer too many and strip down within the first mile. I find though that for long runs I end up being pretty cold...but I am still comfortable. Can't get the hands right. I seem to have two choices...too cold or too warm. I usually go with cold.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Short run for me.  Planned to go long, but I feel like I'm coming down with something, so cut it pretty short.

Congrats on WS100 lace-up!!  Whoowhoo!

Good luck for HRH, Sandy! (They are still drawing the Everyone Else pool, I think)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Kelly is in WS and Gerber is in Hardrock (yet again!)  Congrats, guys!  Who needs a crew member? 

I ran 8.2 road miles today in the sunshine.  It's damn nice out there.

QOTD: I prefer to over dressed if I had to choose, but I'm pretty dialed into my clothing choices at this point.  I still have no idea how to dress for the bike during colder temps.  It's just a guessing game.

Running is dumb.

Kelly is in WS and Gerber is in Hardrock (yet again!)  Congrats, guys!  Who needs a crew member? 

Uh, yes!  I will stock the 4x4 with beer, just sayin'.  :-)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Uh, yes!  I will stock the 4x4 with beer, just sayin'.  :-)

If you're serious, Madison flights to Denver are typically pretty cheap!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Miserable rainy weather in central pa today. DD and I had a fairly successful hunt this morning. Looking like I'll end up on the trainer and elliptical again this evening.

LB2 and Lace - Hope your little jaunt today goes well for you.

QOTD: I tend to over dress. I hate being cold so I pile too much stuff on then overheat when I warm up.

bhearn

Boom! You're in Western States!

Not only that, but with eight tickets, your name was drawn no less than three times. Meanwhile I have a friend with 32 tickets who wasn't drawn once. What is your secret??

Sandy-2

Well.... no Hardrock for me.

The Mt. Fuji run (they moved it to September) is looking like a go.  Of course I think that is a lottery as well.  Have I mentioned lately that I suck at lotteries?

Hope lace_up and LB2 are having fun in those woods in Cajun Country.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6-ish miles in the snow/ice, ran w/o microspikes-just sheet metal screws- was a little touch and go in a few stretches that were almost solid ice

qotd: I've learned over the years to start out a wee bit chilly, seems like it's 5-10 minutes and I'm just about right; on longer runs I always carry an extra layer (or two) as it seems like in cold weather my core starts dropping after a couple of hours

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Fun beach run (about 7) with some Torrey Pines trails in Del mar from my mom's house. She walked on the beach after I helped her down and I ran. Beautiful day, great to see my mom out even if her balance issues scare me a bit.