Trailer Trash

Stunning Saturdaily (Read 30 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

The sun is shinning, the temps are warm. I think (knocking on wood) winter is behind us.

Yesterday was the first run that caused me to sweat. It was PERFECT! Warm, a soft breeze. I chose a very non technical trail (actually smoother and in better shape than most of Michigan's roads and highways).  I am still nursing a foot injury and decided on that trail. I had soooo much fun. Not one other person out there. After a frustrating day at work it made everything OK.

Planning 7 or so on the horse trails at the state park late this evening.

Qotd: In honor of Mother's Day, what is it about the Mom in your life (your mom or mom to your kids) that amazes you most?

My own mom is the glue for our family. Truly we are a matriarchal family. She keeps everyone in touch. My DD and grandchildren live with me now. In my daughter I see such love and patience in her eyes as she cares for two babies under 2!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I planned for an easy long run this morning in the Wasatch. I headed out in light clothes, crested a ridge 3 miles into the run and was greeted by wind gusts, dark skies and pounding rain. I wasn't prepared for that kind of weather and was forced to abort. The forecast says we have 0% chance of rain today. Assholes!

QOTD: My "mother" is a self centered psychopath and I haven't spoken to her in 12 years. I hope I'm never put in a position to end that streak. My wife has no children. Mothers day is a fabricated holiday that we don't pay any attention to.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in a little over 5 late last night. Planning on 2 hours mid afternoon today.

I'm feeling the effects of some to fast downhill running and leg weight training today. Today's run will be nice and slow.

Hopefully the cloud cover will stick around.

QOTD: My mom was always loyal to her kids and would defend them to the ends of the earth.

Sandy-2

Got a good night's sleep and I think the brunt of my head cold is behind me.  It also could have been allergies (or a combination of both).  Either way I think I tuned the corner.  It was only 2 days and only heavy sinus crud, but I though my head was going to explode or my nose was never going to stop running.  Weird.

Anyway, did 16 miles at a pretty good pace this morning.  Not so stunning weather around here, very humid.

qotd: I thought my Mom was the best, but then seeing my DW with our kids.....   Hmmmm, both great Moms.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Walking a bit today.  Infection in foot seems to have stopped spreading, so that's a plus.

QOTD: Growing up in the 60's and early 70's, my Mom was June Cleaver.  Cookies were always hot when we walked home from school.  She was the driver for all of our sports.  When I started competing on a national level in swimming, she was the one taking me to 4:30am practice and in the days before internet, she was the one making all the travel arrangements for the team and getting us to our meets.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Still no run for me today, and I'm getting antsy. This pleurisy is getting old hoping for better luck tomorrow. Kelly: it' the single.digit-to-zero percent probability when it rains. Betwee 10 and 90 percent, you don't have to worry. That's what almost brought me to DNF at last year's Hyner. And sorry for your mom, sounds rough. QOTD: the patience and love my mom had with me, and still has. Same for my MIL, too, who passed away recently.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I hit the trails today for 12 miles. I ran a few miles with a local ultra runner, training for his

first 100 in June. He showed me a few other trails and a nice little hill.

QOTD: My mom abandoned me when I was young, kept my brother though. We've never been

close, but have recently reconciled to the point of a decent relationship. My DW on the other

hand has been an attentive loving mother to our boys, my stepsons.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

finished the 14k Don't Fence Me In run w/ my DD Smile, my longest run to date since my stress fracture- averaged ~ 11 minutes which while far from stellar, not bad considering the elevation gain and injury

qotd: my Mom was a single Mom in the 60's and raised three kids w/o the help of any social programs (and very little support from my Dad) and working mostly minimum wage jobs; we never felt poor (but certainly were) and were well taken care of- a real testament to her devotion to her children-thanks Mom!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √