Trailer Trash

Thundering THURSDAILY (Read 20 times)

XtremeTaper

Woke up to a lightning show this morning, which is a good thing, as I had to get up early for some work related stuff. So that helped. Looks like we had a good amount of rain as the concrete pond was running low and I thought I might need to top it off but now it's full again.

This evening will be the second race in the summer 5k trail race series over at Warwick Park. I was sort of dreading it, but now with all the rain overnight it should be a bit more fun. I have a feeling there will be some nice mud patches and deep puddles in the meadow section of the course. So score for me on slow time excuses! Of course it could still be storming but I guess we shall see.

Last night, 7 miles out on the rocky hilly side of the lake. Pulled up to the trailhead and it started pouring. Not a light rain but a hard steady rain. Like everyone else, I'd rather it start raining after my run begins, but oh well. I headed out and got soaked but not too bad. The rain let up after about 2 miles then it was warm and humid so I decided to run shirtless. Saw a lot of deer last night. I like it when they stop in the brush and look back at you.

On us all, a little rain must fall...   (musical interlude)

QOTD: How many Led Zeppelin albums/CD's do you own?

CD, Led Zeppelin III, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence. Album, I think I have "In through the Out Door", Led Zeppelin IV, and most of the other I have on CD. I'd have to check as they are in boxes. So that makes 6. My dad had Led Zeppelin II and III.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

XT - Have fun in the 5K tonight!  I've never stomped through mud patches at a 5K effort, but it sounds like a lot of fun.  And glad to hear Lady is doing well.

AT - The Caribbean can be a hit or miss.  DW and I have explored several of the islands and we've mostly enjoyed the off-the-beaten-path parts.  For example, giving yourself a mud bath from a volcanic stream, a local Friday night fish fry, and a small beach you have to hike a half mile to (part through a field of cows) where transplant Europeans like to sun bathe au naturale.  Some examples, but we stay far far away from the big cruise ships and tour buses.

RE:  Road marathons.  Since I'll never get any faster at that distance, I'll only do them for fun anymore.  I consider NYC to be a 26.2 mile festival.  And if I'm not running it, I'm in the peanut gallery cheering everyone on.

You PA folks are like canaries for me, as you tell me what to expect in weather.  The lightning and thunder are just hitting us now.  Fun stuff, especially since it's a rest day for me today. 

QOTD:  Don't own any Led Zeppelin albums, but I love their music.  Reminds me of my college days in Philly.... or what little I remember of them.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Gator eye

We did a slow 6 this morning, Mr Jangles wasn't taking no for a answer this morning.

QOTD: hahaha He said albums. Get with the times Gramp's.

I'll have to give my 8 tracks a count later and get back with you

XtremeTaper

QOTD: hahaha He said albums. Get with the times Gramp's.

I'll have to give my 8 tracks a count later and get back with you

Gator Eye - I meant vinyl. See, this old man is hip.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Gator Eye - I meant vinyl. See, this old man is hip.

Yep, I saw this in Hipsterville USA....

3/17 - NYC Half

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

6 this morning.  Humidity is coming.  Just in time for beach life next week! Looked at the forecast and mid 80's and humid all next week in Chincoteague - perfect beach weather!  Cannot wait for my morning sunrise runs on the beach.  My favorite time of the year.

Re the road marathon - I want to try it again.  I won't likely run it any faster than I did 10 yrs ago but I think about it once in a while.  Doesn't mean I will though.

Bert-o - where are you from again? NY?

QOTD: What is a Led Zepplin??? Just kidding. I have nothing.  Not my time nor my preference in music.  I grew up during Def Leppard, Poison, Metallica, Motley Crue, etc.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

short strength training session yesterday evening; then date night at a fancy restaurant- had a bison sirloin that was excellent!

I think this will be a SRD today- going out for beer with the guys

qotd: my old truck (92 Chevy) had a cassette player and I think I had four Zeppelin tapes; my little iPod has 8-10 Zeppelin songs on it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Slow run today in some high grass trails and logging roads.  Watch lost power, but should be more than 12 miles.  Some sections I couldn't even see my feet through the wet weeds. All the rain we've had this year has really caused the brush to close any of the seldom used trails.  Where I was today, they have a MTB race around Labor Day, so I might have to wait until they start practicing on those trails before I go back there.   Almost stepped on a skunk.  It didn't look too healthy and really didn't try to run.  I think I was more startled than the skunk, but luckily it didn't spray me.

I actually had a gadget like this one in my '71 Olds Cutlass.

QOTD:  Only one I had was Led Zeppelin IV.  I think it was a requirement for boys in Junior High.  Had it on Vinyl.   A DC radio station (Think it was DC101) used to play Zeppelin-O'clock every weekday at 5:00pm.  They'd play a whole side of one of their albums.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD...

coming off yesterday's QOTD it appears my parents and I are making plans to do an Alaskan cruise...

QOTD: Haha XT you are old!!!  Albums...CDS!!!  OK I have probably 6 CDS  but actually fill like getting rid of them since they are downloaded onto iTunes and I never play CDs anymore.  I listen to Led Zeppelin radio on Pandora

XT:  Great song..thanks too bad I can't crank it out at work!

Jamie:  You remember Nathan...unsure of what he was called on RW but I mix the two of you up.  He post on FB Trailer Trash and is tall and thin with dark hair like you, has 2 young kids (U have 3 right?), lives in the  east,  and vacations at the beach at about the same time as you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

Tonight the Running store is doing a fun run at this Winery.  I'm going to do an easy 3 or so since I've got a tough 12 mile loop coming up Sunday at the Marin Headlands from Rodeo Beach on Sunday.

At to the QOTD:  None....Although I do have Pickin' on Zepplin

WYBMADIITY

Save

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Dr Jamie - Yes, I'm in NY

AT - I hope you did a thorough check for those little blood sucking bastards!  I avoid tall grass as much as I can.

Rocky - Is that an easy 3 glasses of vino tonight?  Looks like a beautiful place to run too.

3/17 - NYC Half

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

One of my uphill miles today took over 32 minutes. Been getting anywhere from 1000 to 1800 ft vertical daily this week in the mountains.

Qotd: never owned a Led Zeppelin album; had very few period, though vinyl is making a comeback over the last few years. My CD collection is eclectic, but no Zeppelin.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

A rest day today after an uptempo effort on the roads yesterday. Working hard to minimize this old man shuffle I'm developing and is pretty much inevitable. Our trails are for crap right now with all the rain, overgrowth, mud, and mosquitoes.

I just got up to my cabin and will be here until Monday night.. I was a tad concerned with the monsoons we were having up here while I was in Utah that my driveway would be washed out and pier sections would have floated away with the rising lake levels but all looks good. I'm happy.

Yesterday's  QOTD--Deep sea fishing. For a guy that loves the water, has 3 boats, 7 canoes, and 1 kayak there is not enough Dramamine available to get me out on the ocean doing that again.

Today's QOTD- Not a fan really. I have one tune by Robert Plant in my playlist. When I was in 8th grade Whole Lotta Love came out(I'm old ok) and I had that on a 45. Remember those?