Trailer Trash

Fifteen below Fridaily (Read 14 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'll be like one of those old timers and be able tell the youngin's that haven't seen anything "you should have seen the winter of 17" 

our weathermen obviously don't look at the thermometer as they are calling for a high of 26 day, that would be quite a task to climb 41 degrees in nine hours 

Most likely another treadmill session (I'll throw in my running stuff to take to work, but not holding my breathe to be able to run outside)

qotd: weekend plans?  hoping for a long run tomorrow and something moderate on Sunday, maybe a snowshoe trip into the mountains; I'll probably watch the Superbowl Sunday evening

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Some walking today.  Trying to push my walking pace and train my walking muscles.

Warden - Still thinking of planning a fall rendezvous in Montana?  Queen and I were texting last night and DW and I are still interested.

QOTD:  Long run tomorrow, probably 16ish and then some house chores. Gettysburg Rocks is this weekend. 160 bands playing in several locals bars and we usually catch a few acts at Battlefield Brew Works. Each performer does a 1 hour set. Festival is a fundraiser for Penn State Children's Cancer Research. Super Bowl on Sunday. Go Falcons!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 7 last night.  Probably no trails this weekend but we will see.

QOTD: School work, painting the basement, DS1&2 bball games, a little running in between, and SB 51 - Go Pats!

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Going to head off to the gym around noon. Between noon and 2 is when it seems like it's the slowest. The focus will be on lifting with cardio being an afterthought. I can always come home, recover then spin on the bike for 30 minutes.

Warden - It's interesting how you all are so cold and we've been about 6 degrees warmer then average.  Some weather person was reporting from the upper great lakes area (Wisconsin?)  the other day and was saying that they were having trouble with a ice carving festival because of the higher than average temps.  Seem like the weather is getting more spotty the past few years or maybe I just pay more attention to it.

QOTD: Tomorrow afternoon will be a shopping spree. Looking for cheap flooring and making a Sam's club run. After that we'll go to a fight and hope a good hockey game breaks out . The Hershey Bears are our local AHL team. Normally they do pretty good, but this year isn't one their best. I don't follow them real close but kind of wonder if they've had a lot of people called up to the NHL. Sunday we have a fellowship dinner at church so I guess we will stick around for that.  Planning on longer runs both Saturday and Sunday.

Warden - Still thinking of planning a fall rendezvous in Montana?  Queen and I were texting last night and DW and I are still interested.

I was wondering about this too. DW and I were considering going up to Jasper then stopping in at Glacier on the way back.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: Tomorrow afternoon will be a shopping spree. Looking for cheap flooring and making a Sam's club run. After that we'll go to a fight and hope a good hockey game breaks out . The Hershey Bears are our local AHL team. Normally they do pretty good, but this year isn't one their best. I don't follow them real close but kind of wonder if they've had a lot of people called up to the NHL. Sunday we have a fellowship dinner at church so I guess we will stick around for that.  Planning on longer runs both Saturday and Sunday.

Hey me too! I forgot to mention that part.  After painting our basement, I will be laying down a floor.  Problem is DW and I have not found what we want yet.  We know we are going with Vinyl Planks - that snap/click together.  But the problem is the color/design.  Oh and price!!! What are you looking for and where are you using the flooring?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Hey me too! I forgot to mention that part.  After painting our basement, I will be laying down a floor.  Problem is DW and I have not found what we want yet.  We know we are going with Vinyl Planks - that snap/click together.  But the problem is the color/design.  Oh and price!!! What are you looking for and where are you using the flooring?

Just installed vinyl "wood look" planks in bathroom.  Ordered from Lowes. Installed very easily and looks great.  Stainmaster Hand scraped "Arbor".

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Most definitely!  Thinking either the second or third week in September; in conjunction with  a weekend would work best for me. I'm also going to look into lodging nearby- a lot of closes early, but not all. I don't mind camping, but if lodging was available and reasonable would make logistics a little easier, a shower at night is always a plus too 

You guys let me know what works for you.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

We're putting this in the kitchen. The old stuff is the original and dates back to '85 so it's just disintegrating. We were looking at the snap together vinyl stuff but that would cost ~$900.00. In about 2-5 years we will redo the entire kitchen and bath areas. We decided it was foolish to spend that much money now for a floor that we may not be able to reuse so we are going to try some of the cheap peel and stick stuff from Home Depot. Cost between 100-150. I have used some of the peel and stick in a high traffic area in our mud room and it's held up well. The bad thing is there isn't much of a nice selection for in a kitchen but anything is better than seeing OSB peeking through .  The floor is so bad I'm starting to feel like a real country bumpkin 

AT-runner

Tim

We're putting this in the kitchen. The old stuff is the original and dates back to '85 so it's just disintegrating. We were looking at the snap together vinyl stuff but that would cost ~$900.00. In about 2-5 years we will redo the entire kitchen and bath areas. We decided it was foolish to spend that much money now for a floor that we may not be able to reuse so we are going to try some of the cheap peel and stick stuff from Home Depot. Cost between 100-150. I have used some of the peel and stick in a high traffic area in our mud room and it's held up well. The bad thing is there isn't much of a nice selection for in a kitchen but anything is better than seeing OSB peeking through .  The floor is so bad I'm starting to feel like a real country bumpkin 

Just put some grey primer on it and you'l fit right in. 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

As I laid in bed I heard the rain being pelted against the window from the rain so I really had no desire to get up and run.  I am going to the gym and will run 5 and than do my weight thing.  It goes without saying, don't let my dogs know! 

QOTD:  It looks pretty bleak.  No SB party invitation and when I suggested we invite some friends over Mike reminded me that we don't have TV.    There is a non race tomorrow, I guess it was a race but canceled and folks still going to run it???  I may go or may not it's a 25K but I should really be running at least 20 this weekend.  At any rate a long run will be done, house cleaning, maybe a movie and maybe catch the game a bit at the bar; although I have no idea who is playing.  I think Patriots and...(just read the post..the Falcons.)

MT :  I can relate to that cold weather...I don't think we are going to be warmer than 45 today. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Will get out for a few miles tonight, just not feeling the motivation.

The wife is hoping I put a new floor in the living room and kitchen.

You can look at Ollies bargain outlet,  it's really hit or miss but they have great prices if you can find what you want.  If you  go to Lowe's you can go to the US post office website and change your address or have your mail stopped for any reason they give you a 10% off coupon for Lowes. I was thinking of just changing my address to my parents house for two weeks to get the coupon.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm not a weatherman, but I would love to punch one in the teeth- it's now 4 above (1:00 PM) somehow I don't see making it to 28 degrees in three hours . I don't see how they could suck so bad?????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Off a little early today so that's good. I have checked out mentally for awhile now and have half a foot out the door. Give me 2 bad days in a row and I'll be retiring much sooner than planned.   Got out yesterday for another 4 miles of gentle, slow running with a few walks. So far, so good. I'll go for 4 again tomorrow and 6 on Sunday. Real easy.

Nice to see the topic of the Montana thing come up again. I am planning on 3 trips to the western mountains this season. 2 weeks at the end of June into about July 10, a Wind River trip in late Aug, and an epic run trip in Sept. If your date would be either the 9th or 16th I might be able to make it. I definitely put that Dawson-Pitimakan loop on my to do list. I will be there at some point anyway so if we can connect that would be great. Since I will be on the zero income plan during the next year I will be camping and would get there a couple days in advance because well, I have time.      During my early July trip I'll be doing among other things the Pawnee-Buchanan loop in the Indian Peaks wilderness in Co. and the Alice-Toxaway loop in the Sawtooths of Idaho. I think this retirement thing could work out just fine!

QOTD- No real plans. Might work tomorrow at my other job where I may have mentioned before that I have stayed as an active employee still so I can parlay this into the ideal part time job for next year.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Stumbled through 4.6 miles today. Need to watch that I don't try to bump up the mileage and quality too fast.

qtod: Hope to get in a long run of double digits, probably Sunday. Otherwise work tomorrow evening.

Mid-September for Glacier NP is looking more and more like it won't work for me. I have another reunion scheduled for the weekend of the 16th.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the weekend of the 9th or 16th will work for me; the previous weekend is Labor Day weekend, that's not ideal for Glacier because of the crowds. After Labor Day the crowds thin considerably. we could go even later in September, but the weather gets iffier the further into the month

yeah I think retirement will agree with me too   just 2 years and 10 months to go!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √